World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Think of it, World of Warcraft, Alternate Timelines Its like a wow 2.0 without actually having to make a wow 2.0.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think people playing live will be too intrigued by the masses of people moving to classic when it goes live, hell what major streamers are even actively playing BFA at this point? People will want to be a part of that excitement.

Classic is going to at least start out as a huge hit and BFA will be a ghost town. They have some major decisions coming up, I'm not sure how you salvage it other than actually working on WoW 2.0

How do they get people to quit their new hard earned Classic characters (that will likely see TBC at some point) to go back to live? What is left there to mine for them?

Don’t you know they are adding 822 tedious to farm and ultimately worthless new mounts to farm in 8.2!! Don’t you like mounts? We were told you faggots like mounts? What they are as special when we add 30,000 of them? What if we fag em up with some mount equipment slots?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What I'd like to see them do is bring TBC in but not flying mounts. Figure out alternate ways for people to get to places you needed it for. (flight paths/portals)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What I'd like to see them do is bring TBC in but not flying mounts. Figure out alternate ways for people to get to places you needed it for. (flight paths/portals)

World of Warcraft: Mistakes were made, Now corrected.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well, that was quick. I found out about Will It Classic - A Community driven source for up to date information on addons for Classic WoW and there is someone making an LFG/LFR addon for classic:

• 2Barf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well we do know they regret making flying mounts still I would rather they just let people fly instead of their current design garbage.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats another thing that ruined WoW IMO was the entire LFG and LFR bullshit. I know this has been argued to death around here, but years later you can see the impact it had on the game and pretty much all negative.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well, that was quick. I found out about Will It Classic - A Community driven source for up to date information on addons for Classic WoW and there is someone making an LFG/LFR addon for classic:

I hope this leads to Blizzard just disabling all add one and someone punching this dude in the dick until his ballsack ruptures.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thats another thing that ruined WoW IMO was the entire LFG and LFR bullshit. I know this has been argued to death around here, but years later you can see the impact it had on the game and pretty much all negative.
LFR yes

LFG you gotta be braindead to not enjoy that luxury

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider

Ehhhh, just play retail if you want dungeon finder? Maybe I'm being silly about it but why? Thought we were going back to vanilla.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They completely devalued special mounts with all this shit in the game and the cash store. Funny I got the Firehawk from Firelands with FOH and then not too long after the guild finally died. Come back and now everyone seems to have one.

I want them to get rid of flying mounts, sharding, lfr, raid difficulties, alternate raid sizes, war mode, new talent "trees", too much to list lol. I'm extremely happy to be going back to Classic even if the raiding is far easier.

Hell, Heroic Rag was too fucking hard and that was probably what killed FOH after all those years.

They shouldn't be designing the top tier of raiding for only the tip top fucking master DDR players. You get to a point where your guild is just wasting fucking time because you know without removing the weaker players and replacing them you'll never fucking beat the encounter. I don't mind SOME level of that, but I think they've gone too far in that direction for the health of the game.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They shouldn't be designing the top tier of raiding for only the tip top fucking master DDR players. You get to a point where your guild is just wasting fucking time because you know without removing the weaker players and replacing them you'll never fucking beat the encounter. I don't mind SOME level of that, but I think they've gone too far in that direction for the health of the game.

The games fun is about community and chatting it up with your buds. Not getting rid of your buds from your raid team because, yeah, they kinda suck and replacing them with autists that can do the wow raid dance better. I think they miss out on the entire grand 10,000 ft view of what this game is really about.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The games fun is about community and chatting it up with your buds. Not getting rid of your buds from your raid team because, yeah, they kinda suck and replacing them with autists that can do the wow raid dance better. I think they miss out on the entire grand 10,000 ft view of what this game is really about.
Yep, and the differing difficulties creates that environment. I was always the type to endlessly push for us to beat all the hardmode shit, but then you have half the fucking guild going, WHATS THE FUCKING POINT?

Then you realize you either need to find another guild or quit the game. Guess what happens to the guilds?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LFR yes

LFG you gotta be braindead to not enjoy that luxury

For sure its a nice luxury but its all meaningless. I think the last time I played on Live was during Pandas, I rolled up a panda and went lv15 or whatever it was to 80 just standing in orgrimar hitting LFG over and over with dudes that were mostly not even on my server anyway. Might as well turn the game into lobby type mmo at that point. why even have a world anymore? Have one big hub and instances we all port into. This is not a mmorpg anymore.

• 2Like

Molten Core Raider
That was pretty much when my wife and I stopped raiding. We were decent enough (not terrible, not amazing) players, but some of our guildmates were... not nearly very good. The guild we were in at the time started kicking them, and picking up every douchebag that could pretend to play the game. Loot became a mess, the guild became nothing but a massive clusterfuck of egos, and the entire atmosphere went to shit. We went from having a good time during raids, to hating logging on, so we dropped, that guilded lasted a good bit longer, but they always kept the douchebags around.

Even now, I would rather raid with a handful of guys/gals who WANT to be there, and try, even if they fail, but have a good attitude and a good camaraderie than 18 other perfect players with the typical ego issues that come with every heroic raider that thinks they are really as mythic raider, except they arent... but it isnt ever THEIR fault they arent.

• 3Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You could always just play the difficulty below the top.

You want them to give you final fantasy difficulty instead of dark souls at the top because you can't control yourself

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You could always just play the difficulty below the top.

You want them to give you final fantasy difficulty instead of dark souls at the top because you can't control yourself
I explained why thats a problem. I don't mind shit being difficult, but if you give people an easy way out half the fucking people in the guild won't want to put up with 300 wipes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I explained why thats a problem. I don't mind shit being difficult, but if you give people an easy way out half the fucking people in the guild won't want to put up with 300 wipes.
I understand what you guys are saying - but you're basically saying "this is the highest level of difficulty I want to do, so EVERYONE else should only do that too"

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I understand what you guys are saying - but you're basically saying "this is the highest level of difficulty I want to do, so EVERYONE else should only do that too"
I personally just think they went too far in the difficulty direction to appease too few people. Things can still be difficult without being ball crushingly hard.