World of Warcraft: Classic

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
A tool for advertising you're looking for a group is a positive addition to any MMO. It still promotes community (if you see someone's name that sucks, you don't group with them), but cuts down on spam. Automatically putting together a group sucks ass though.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You guys are wrong because m+ is what you do in endgame and you can't use lfd at all for that

You have to travel to dungeons just like before and make your own groups

Argument squashed you're all retarded

I do think the system for mythic dungeons is a very reasonable compromise. There's at least some interaction (looking for X with Y scores), you are accepted or declined, a couple people need to actually run there and (in my experience) people are a little better behaved on the run itself.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Those saying that LFD being terrible for an MMO go ahead and remind me the last MMO you played without one. Tell me how many years it has been.

You don't remember just how much it sucked for the vast majority of people to not be able to get a group with ease.

I am playing EQ and for live servers people like Tuco Tuco just box an entire group rather than find people. The time locked servers the grouping happens during expansion launches and then it's back to guild cliques that if their specific friends aren't online they just log off. I don't know another game that doesn't have some kind of matchmaking because you need it to keep people in front of the screen playing your game.

It's been two days since I logged into Classic Wow.

My experience was fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
A tool for advertising you're looking for a group is a positive addition to any MMO. It still promotes community (if you see someone's name that sucks, you don't group with them), but cuts down on spam. Automatically putting together a group sucks ass though.

Was going to say something similar.

Automatically putting groups together takes away a player's ability to punish/avoid pieces of shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think watching the streams of people playing WoW classic is proof how nobody missed that shit in the slightest. In fact people enjoyed the little class interdependance that vanilla had before it was all normalized to all hell throughout the years. They enjoyed the larger world more, they enjoyed the organic PvP that happened out in the world, sometimes becoming huge battles, etc.....

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My guild's biting the bullet and going balls deep on Faerlina. We originally were going Herod, but after much deliberation decided that Herod is just a shitstorm waiting to happen.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My guild's biting the bullet and going balls deep on Faerlina. We originally were going Herod, but after much deliberation decided that Herod is just a shitstorm waiting to happen.

Have fun with the Spanish speakers and Sodapoppin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

My prince you still in the .001% of best WoW players? Who are you running with?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't decide between Mage or Warlock. The pro's and con's of each balance out pretty damn well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those saying that LFD being terrible for an MMO go ahead and remind me the last MMO you played without one. Tell me how many years it has been.

You don't remember just how much it sucked for the vast majority of people to not be able to get a group with ease.

I am playing EQ and for live servers people like Tuco Tuco just box an entire group rather than find people. The time locked servers the grouping happens during expansion launches and then it's back to guild cliques that if their specific friends aren't online they just log off. I don't know another game that doesn't have some kind of matchmaking because you need it to keep people in front of the screen playing your game.
I don't know the context of the conversation but I generally agree.

You either need something like LFD or an MMO that requires up-front that you must group with people and has a system that requires trust by allowing people to steal loot or otherwise fuck each other over. This fosters and builds up an actual community instead of a bunch of mindless automatons you're playing with.

Even just a reward system that doesn't let everyone walk away from every encounter with loot helps build a community. Ex: you help me with my key/quest camp, I help you with yours is a more deep interaction than you get with most match making systems.

and for EQ specifically, at this point I don't box to play EQ, I play EQ to box. As in, the only fun thing to do in EQ for me is to box. Anytime I'm actually grouping with people I feel like I'm playing only half of a game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
and for EQ specifically, at this point I don't box to play EQ, I play EQ to box. As in, the only fun thing to do in EQ for me is to box. Anytime I'm actually grouping with people I feel like I'm playing only half of a game.

Totally agree. I tried the prog server thing with one class and I was bored out of my mind. Like I said I think this game lends itself to multiboxing today more than anything else. when I was boxing 3 dudes on live (+3 mercs) it felt just perfect.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
lol im not worried, I have 100 names I can come up with on a whim. Im not one of those dudes that HAS to have a specific name or else my game experience is ruined forever.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What is the ping like for East coasters on a West server?

There's no guarantee PST servers will be on the west coast, or vice versa. There's PST and EST servers in all of Blizzards datacenters on live.

That being said, I have no idea, I'm in Japan, but I imagine somewhere between 80 and 120?

We would have preferred a EST server but all 3 EST PVP servers were ruled out for various reasons.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
My prince you still in the .001% of best WoW players? Who are you running with?

I wish I could say so but I've been told I suck and was never good. But I'm ready to prove Obama wrong.

Planning on doing something for classic but nothing official. Who are you running with?