World of Warcraft: Classic

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
For ballpark ping times you can use a looking glass server and ping yourself Looking Glass - Hurricane Electric (AS6939) I would recommend you use the Equinix exchange as about 90% of all N. American Internet transits their IX. For LA Coresite and Equinix run the two primary IX's and they are basically blocks apart and connected by fiber.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope there's a few trolls out there who got onto the system right away and reserved the names streamers want. Flow salty tears, flow.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I really hope there's a few trolls out there who got onto the system right away and reserved the names streamers want. Flow salty tears, flow.

There are threads all over the wow forums of people who are doing this. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Bliz allows streamers a way to pre-reserve names since they basically sucked streamer dick all through beta.

xzi

Mouthbreather
On one hand, the streamer server drama is going to be legendary

but also, any sort of competitiveness is going to happen all on that server so dang

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hyjal was a PST server I'm fairly certain. No ping issues I can recall

I have gigabit internet though

Peasants

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On one hand, the streamer server drama is going to be legendary

but also, any sort of competitiveness is going to happen all on that server so dang

They'll all have a lot going on. The streamer servers will have too much in some ways.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean dont' we have to do that big ass AQ war effort shit to unlock? If so sort of an incentive to be on a big shitshow of a server as well..

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There will be multiple layers on every server. Even whiteman server. Just the crowded servers will have the layer shit going on indefinitely, which is a shit show.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Whiteman is looking to be the 3rd most populated server, after Faerlina the streamer server and Herod the reddit server.

Should be a good balance of population and action.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whiteman is looking to be the 3rd most populated server, after Faerlina the streamer server and Herod the reddit server.

Should be a good balance of population and action.

That's good to see. Hopefully the factions balance out within 5%.

I'm all for community, but I did just realize (maybe way later than some of you) that community could be complete shit if it's a server of 10,000 people. 3,000-4,000 like vanilla enables more interaction with the same people, more often. Triple that could mean not seeing the same person twice and the AH could be so flooded too.....shit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wife ressrved her names and I am continually getting booted and disconnected. I had logged on first.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Got my characters made. One thing I'm surprised at is how much I undervalued their model updates over the years. I was at max graphics settings and thought I had my graphical settings on low when I was making my classic character.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Got my characters made. One thing I'm surprised at is how much I undervalued their model updates over the years. I was at max graphics settings and thought I had my graphical settings on low when I was making my classic character.

Some are really bad. Female orc has a line running down the front of their face where the two sides of the mesh meet

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Big surprise that the login servers are fucked and booting half the people. 15 years and they can't anticipate this?

• 1Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Got my names for my mage and rogue. Only 335 hours til the realm will be available! Lol.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Big surprise that the login servers are fucked and booting half the people. 15 years and they can't anticipate this?
Yup. Continually getting booted. Wife finished 15 minutes ago.

Finally in and name has been taken. Good times.

• 1Like