World of Warcraft: Classic

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5 man vanilla pre nerf scholo divided boys from men for sure

On par with pre nerf Shattered Halls heroic? Although no one will get to relive that unless they do TBC after classic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
130% chance there will be a TBC and a WOTLK server eventually lol

I'd really like to see the faction balances for all the classic servers

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Remoted in via my phone to queue up. Was at 4k, and dropped 1500 in the span of ~1.5 hours. So they fixed sons of the issues with it. Had to drop out, since I wouldn't be off work in time, and will re-queue here soon.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Queue times have been improving every day. Give it a chance don’t puss out and move, you’ll regret it later.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
2019-08-29.png

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
On par with pre nerf Shattered Halls heroic? Although no one will get to relive that unless they do TBC after classic.

Vanilla Scholo >>>> SH, though that may have to deal with spells and abilities available. You didn't really have shit for threat and Scholo adds are everywhere

Merrith

Vanilla Scholo >>>> SH, though that may have to deal with spells and abilities available. You didn't really have shit for threat and Scholo adds are everywhere

I played both, I think SH at least on par if not tougher. But that's just my opinion. Felt like even if messy, you could get through Scholo a bit easier than having to tow through players/classes that were shit at CC in SH for Kara keying.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played a prot paladin in TBC and SH was a literal cakewalk. I remembered hitting the uncrit cap without raid gear, and that silly trinket that gave +120 hp per block when you had absurd block chance (BoSanctuary I think?) and holy shield, it was crazy survivability. Scholo never had that capability, but again that's more spells that are available at that point being way different.

I remember trying to form a 5 man to do undead Strath to get the lightsaber sword for the longest time at classic, where out dps'ing his skeleton heals + staying alive long enough against the aoe dot was a battle. Good times

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm a 24 warrior and I just discovered I can change stances in combat.

I don't think I like this class anymore

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Yes, is there a key to change stances at least? I don't click stuff

Just change your key bindings. I think it's under special action bar or something. It's very easy to stance dance. I used to have to do it to tank Magmadar because we didn't have a Dwarf priest.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's easy to make a macro for stances too

eg
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] battle stance
/cast [modifier:shift] defensive stance

makes you switch battle stance if you press the key without shift, and switches you to defensive if you have shift pressed while clicking/pressing keybind

Also you can make macros to make the same key do different things in different stances, useful for stuff that only works in one stance.
/cast [stance:1/3] hamstring
/cast [stance:2] revenge

May need to double check the stance numbers but I think that one works. Think I had about twenty macros by the time wotlk came out.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember imperial agent having that, with a take cover thing that switched to a new bar. I just never used it haha.

I think I will sleep awhile and then maybe try to bind it to a mouse button or something, but too much stuff too many buttons

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah honestly I might reroll on another server too. Then transfer back later. They whole, having my kid log in for me at noon and keep me from timing out is unsustainable. Since he goes back to school tues. I would like to stay here on whitemane but at this point I dont see this shit getting better anytime soon. They allowed 2 more layers yesterday on the fullest servers and during prime time there was still 10K queue.

This weekend im out of town, so im going to fall behind the curve anyway. But its gonna be nothing but a huge shit show for you guys. I feel bad for you all honestly.

If you guys want a chance to play with FoH later by transferring back, just remember not to roll PvE or you'll probably be stuck there. I think they'll probably keep the server type transfer restrictions. PvE -> PvE, PvP -> PvP/PvE

xzi

Mouthbreather
What if Classic isn't just hype? What if more and more old players and more and more new players just keep signing up to classic instead of live? What if the existing servers just get more and more crowded and queues just get longer or stay the same? What if in a year from now classic has 5 times the subs as live and doesn't die? What if live dies instead? Who knows?

I don't disagree with you but in my guild, friends, and through people they know there's about 40 people alone that took this week off just to sperg. There's also quite a few other private server guilds that likely have done the same thing. Prime Time still might be a pain in the ass for a bit but I really do think it's going to drastically start changing and still remain a very healthily populated server.