World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isn't TBC where they introduce the guardian elixir/battle elixir/flask takes up both slots?

It's been a hell of a long time so I'm not sure but I could swear TBC opened up how many potions and elixirs there were and you could use potions and elixirs and flasks all simultaneously. And you could go alchemy for potion/elixir mastery as well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's been a hell of a long time so I'm not sure but I could swear TBC opened up how many potions and elixirs there were and you could use potions and elixirs and flasks all simultaneously. And you could go alchemy for potion/elixir mastery as well.

I think I remember that being that way at the start and then an early patch doing the guardian/battle thing?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
My memory is hazy as well but I definitely remember farming my ass off for pots/elixirs/flasks for our early Gruul/Mag/Kara runs. Later on in TBC, not so much.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think I remember that being that way at the start and then an early patch doing the guardian/battle thing?
Patch 2.1:
"Elixirs now stack in two categories, Battle (Offensive) and Guardian (Defensive) Elixirs. You can only have one of each type of Elixir up at a time. As a result Elixirs now stack with class abilities such as Arcane Intellect."

You need to stack up on Mana/HP potions and buff food, though, plus the weapon oils/sharpening stones and maybe drums.

It's infinitely better than having to track world buff times and be online and at an exact spot, though.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
You could stack vanilla consumes and tbc consumes until 2.1. There’s no way Blizz is going to give us true 2.0.x at Classic TBC launch though so I wouldn’t worry about it.

TBC consumes still aren’t negligible since a flask or 2 elixirs plus food, enchants/oils, dps potions, Mr. Pinchy, etc are still things to have and odds are the economy is going to be fucked and any non-instance herbs are going to quickly end up like plaguebloom is now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch 2.1:
"Elixirs now stack in two categories, Battle (Offensive) and Guardian (Defensive) Elixirs. You can only have one of each type of Elixir up at a time. As a result Elixirs now stack with class abilities such as Arcane Intellect."

You need to stack up on Mana/HP potions and buff food, though, plus the weapon oils/sharpening stones and maybe drums.

It's infinitely better than having to track world buff times and be online and at an exact spot, though.
At least world buffs were free. Having to track? On my server it really just means "be online an hour before raid starts and afk" and you'd get Dragonslayer 95% of the time. Then Zandalar was like 75% right after that. That really is enough world buffs to trivialize content. DMF on top is just absurd.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
At least world buffs were free. Having to track? On my server it really just means "be online an hour before raid starts and afk" and you'd get Dragonslayer 95% of the time.
Yes, please tell us how great your server is, and how that doesn't totally shaft players that have to play during off-hours, especially when they can't sit on their fat ass in the home office and log in at specific times to get the world buffs (when the cooldown for Onyxia is 6h and Nef 8h).

It was a system to reward players for a bit for their success that was just abused by private server turbo autists after they claimed it was "totally necessary" for raiding. It's useless for progression because the buffs don't persist through death, and it's useless for farm content because you roflstomp it anyway at farm levels.

The elixirs on the other hand can be used for progression.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
after they claimed it was "totally necessary" for raiding. It's useless for progression because the buffs don't persist through death, and it's useless for farm content because you roflstomp it anyway at farm levels.

nobody claimed vanilla world buffs are "totally necessary". There is no such thing as progression in Classic, at least not in the Vanilla sense. MC, BWL and AQ could be mostly cleared in one night by all but the most Dad of Dad Guilds. Everything in Naxx is easy until 4HM and Sapph.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Off hour players are scum. Move to a server that fits your timezone. I played too many realm PVP games where off hour players basically ruined the game by insisting on capturing shit at 4am even though there were servers available on which 4am was prime time.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those servers are located where that timezone is prime. Sounds a bit hypocritical coming from someone that complained he couldn't play on Whitemane because of lag.
What does that have to do with anything? I played during whitemane prime time on whitemane. You're confused.
Is there a distance limit upon which one no longer gets to complain about lag? Can you state that limit?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
What does that have to do with anything?
So you're not capable of piecing those two thoughts together? That most people don't like to play on servers for different timezones because of ping/lag, and that you yourself experienced that?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't experience any lag whatsoever the first six months. It was much faster than the ping times we had at Everquest when that was hosted US only. That changed. Do you understand how that's different from it never working properly in the first place?

So what's the hard limit where I don't get to complain anymore? You can use miles.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
That changed. Do you understand how that's different from it never working properly in the first place?
So? The end result is the same, it's unplayable and you had to move somewhere else to play. This is the same for other people who play in off hours, or worse: have to work shifts, so they have no specific time off. You think those are scum too, right? Be sure to tell that to all the doctors and nurses in hospitals. They'll be delighted to hear that.

Also, I don't get why you feel personally attacked. Do you have a bad conscience, or is this a German specific thing?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't play off hours, I played during the prime time of the server. The lag I experienced was in the off hours. And it was caused by Telia in Frankfurt. That's where the packet loss occured. So no, it was not related to the long distance. It was a local routing issue. I might even say, I specifically did that to get around having to play off hours, just like anyone working shifts could do.

And damn right I would have done that if I were still playing a RVR based PVP open world game where people deliberately organizing attacks at 4am server time so they'd face no resistance from the defenders. Those people are fucking scum. Those are the true poopsockers. And I cannot believe how you get the idea that world buffs are unfair to nurses because they can't home office login at 6pm to receive buffs you yourself have stated are useless anyways.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Those are the true poopsockers.
Sure, everyone that puts in more effort is a poopsocker, and everyone that does less is a noob. Yeah, yeah.

And I cannot believe how you get the idea that world buffs are unfair to nurses because they can't home office login at 6pm to receive buffs you yourself have stated are useless anyways.
And your reading comprehension is total shit. I never stated they are worthless, I stated that the private server turbo autists claimed they were necessary for raiding.

I said they are worthless for progression. Because they are gone once you die. You crying "but they are free while flasks/elixirs are not" just shows that you probably wouldn't put in effort to get some for the first few raids.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, you'd be wrong. I've used a number of flasks and shadow power elixirs so far, I also went through entire bags of brilliant wizard oil. I just like the world buffs for cleared raids because that way I can actually make money from the raids while buffed way beyond normal levels. I also prefer good play over mass consumables. We have a warlock in the guild who literally is flasked all the time, even for binding runs into molten fucking core - and he's always behind me on parses anyways.

Sure, everyone that puts in more effort is a poopsocker, and everyone that does less is a noob.
Actually, no. Those guys usually were invisible the rest of the time, they only came out when everyone else was asleep. They sure as fuck didn't put in more effort, they just played against less resistance.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(when the cooldown for Onyxia is 6h and Nef 8h).
btw what is this ? Dragonslayer buffed at around 6pm today, then again at 7:05 pm and WBT just alerted me to another nef buff at 7:39pm. Are you sure htose numbers are even remotely accurate?