World of Warcraft: Classic

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
It makes so much sense, that for a year and a half now Blizzard hasnt done it. They just keep offering free transfers off or on to those servers.
Is there any reasonable financial incentive to not combine servers or force transfers?

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
why would they bother, not like you'll stop playing.

This. Why would they care, when players don't really care. Is anyone quitting because of solely population ratios, in numbers that matter? Probably not.

Maybe when they open new servers when they do it all again, they will just close previous ones or merge into lowest amount they need for those staying around. Then the new servers will have the same problems because players all swarm to where everyone else is playing. Rinse and repeat.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This. Why would they care, when players don't really care. Is anyone quitting because of solely population ratios, in numbers that matter? Probably not.

Maybe when they open new servers when they do it all again, they will just close previous ones or merge into lowest amount they need for those staying around. Then the new servers will have the same problems because players all swarm to where everyone else is playing. Rinse and repeat.
I would be surprised if they didn't, I know it's easy to be flippant but during the fucked up times of 5 hour Whitemane queues people let their subs lapse never to return. So to pretend like it doesn't matter is foolish. Also the dead servers never get replenished, they are seen as ghost towns to be avoided at all cost. It's not a surprise that attendance and people in general quit overtime without new content but they lost 10's of thousands of subs at the very least not because of the game but because they were to lazy to get in front of these things.

TBC will bring a new influx of players, for a period of time layers will have to come back on the mega servers and the dead servers will remain dead shitholes. Blizzard could get in front of these things and should for the health of the playerbase and too keep rolling in the subs, but when they only care about quarter earnings and not long term health of their products I guess you could just turn a blind eye to these kind of issues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This. Why would they care, when players don't really care. Is anyone quitting because of solely population ratios, in numbers that matter?

The server ratios that have gone from bad to worse prove people quit or move servers due to imbalance. Blizzard would know more than we do. Which is why I really want to know their philosophy around Classic issues like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would be surprised if they didn't, I know it's easy to be flippant but during the fucked up times of 5 hour Whitemane queues people let their subs lapse never to return. So to pretend like it doesn't matter is foolish. Also the dead servers never get replenished, they are seen as ghost towns to be avoided at all cost. It's not a surprise that attendance and people in general quit overtime without new content but they lost 10's of thousands of subs at the very least not because of the game but because they were to lazy to get in front of these things.

TBC will bring a new influx of players, for a period of time layers will have to come back on the mega servers and the dead servers will remain dead shitholes. Blizzard could get in front of these things and should for the health of the playerbase and too keep rolling in the subs, but when they only care about quarter earnings and not long term health of their products I guess you could just turn a blind eye to these kind of issues.
Yeah not looking forward to TBC role out for this reason. Queues are going to be horrendous again.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I definitely quit Classic mainly because of the terrible faction imbalance on Herod.

But autistic fury warriors trying to claim all the loot for themselves was a close second.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah not looking forward to TBC role out for this reason. Queues are going to be horrendous again.
I don't think they will re-introduce queues, but they will do layering again. They proved they could handle massive amounts of people during AQ launch.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I definitely quit Classic mainly because of the terrible faction imbalance on Herod.

But autistic fury warriors trying to claim all the loot for themselves was a close second.
When you say "claim" were these warriors reserving loot in runs they were tanking? Because if there's a shortage of tanks I can't see how that's unfair. I plan to tank heroics and reserve nethers for myself, because the alternative is LFM 1 tank for an hour+ while you constantly lose your dps/healers over and over again. Supply and demand baby.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No, the two guilds I was in blew up because the fury warriors claimed they should get priority over rogues on all weapon drops, or any off-slot items with crit or hit, etc.

All arguments about "this loot is .5% better for X class than it is for Y class" is fucking pointless when all the content is trivial in the first place and people are just playing to have fun.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why would they bother, not like you'll stop playing.

I seriously doubt all of the Alliance players who quit the 99% horde PVP server (and the other way around) will start over from nothing on another server. A number of them must have quit the game.

I think they just don't care. As long as they're profitable enough, they'd rather not do anything. Probably browsing linkedin all day for a better offer, but who at this point would want to work with blizzard slobs?

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you say "claim" were these warriors reserving loot in runs they were tanking? Because if there's a shortage of tanks I can't see how that's unfair. I plan to tank heroics and reserve nethers for myself, because the alternative is LFM 1 tank for an hour+ while you constantly lose your dps/healers over and over again. Supply and demand baby.
The problem isn't warriors claiming dps and tank loot, the problem is fury divas refusing to tank at all. If I see a warrior shout "LF Tank" in LFG for half an hour, I see the problem right there.

Mist of course encountered an entirely different "problem" as usual.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, the two guilds I was in blew up because the fury warriors claimed they should get priority over rogues on all weapon drops, or any off-slot items with crit or hit, etc.

All arguments about "this loot is .5% better for X class than it is for Y class" is fucking pointless when all the content is trivial in the first place and people are just playing to have fun.
Why not just join a good guild?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why not just join a good guild?
See the original post about it being a server with terrible faction imbalance.

Regardless, "no changes" Classic was a dumb fucking idea. The only people who want to play a totally "solved" game are autistic retards who have no interest in discovering anything new mechanically about a game. And not having faction-based queues was just plain retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I mean... you also have to look at how fury warriors are geared. Rogues get to use nearly every tier whereas warriors upgrade like 3-4 pieces every tier. So if you're bitching while sitting in full t3 that the warrior got Kiss of the Spider before you well... Suck a fat one I guess?

Edit to add: I have played since release, and I think missed a total of three raid nights. I am still using a ring from MC and one from BWL. I am using a weapon and neck slot from ONYXIA. It's not as if I have gotten 50 pieces of gear.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean... you also have to look at how fury warriors are geared. Rogues get to use nearly every tier whereas warriors upgrade like 3-4 pieces every tier. So if you're bitching while sitting in full t3 that the warrior got Kiss of the Spider before you well... Suck a fat one I guess?
This was Molten Core. A few weeks into the game. I quit about 10 weeks into raiding after watching 1 guild collapse, a guild I was personally invited to join before Classic even came out and was supposedly filled with rational, veteran players. I briefly tried out another guild and seeing it going in the wrong direction.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Every item you would use a fury war could do more dps with it.
RIGHT BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES? It's completely trivial content. The guild officers had stated from the beginning that loot was going to be rolled off to people with consistent attendance, consistent participation in helping people get attunements, etc, not random raid-loggers who claim that X item is better for them by some completely irrelevant amount of DPS.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find it hard to believe a guild would fold because some dps classes didn't get the loot they wanted.

• 2Worf