World of Warcraft: Classic

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The real stupidity though is unholy DPS was about to take a nose dive with ulduar fights being significantly longer compared to naxx.
This is stupid because of what you said. Not you being stupid. Something is up anyway, but reading the old EJ threads, Gary could never reach the heights possible now. Everyone snapshotted then too. I suspect there was some sort of ceiling to gcd reduction for gargoyle strike or a diminishing return on haste. Something was lost. But I have figured out that tons of classic and private server players act like they made new discoveries like the morb spec which was constantly talked about in 2008-2009.

Upshot is the original code and people are gone and so you get stupid ass approaches as above that might have dumpstered unholy by 35% or more. You’d think Ion could at least peek in and say “yeah that isn’t correct.”

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Funny how small mechanical changes reveal how fragile the meta stability is in shit games like WoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The 15 year old version of the game? Very insightful take you got.
Yes, WoW has a long history of individual tweaks, bugs, and bug fixes alike causing disproportionate shifts in the class meta across all aspects of the game.

Or were you just confused as to why we're discussing WotLK in the World of Warcraft: Classic thread?

Either way you're retarded.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m more shocked (not really) how bad their code and info retention is. Granted it’s 15 years. But it’s painfully obvious they aped private server data or just used EJ threads to reverse engineer most of the shit. The gargoyle is a good case. It was always snapshotted but unholy was never this god despite the same easy shit raid being available back then and the same fucking opener being used back then. So EJ never figured out how gcd for the Gary scaled down with haste exactly, the data from Blizz is long gone, and these asshats don’t have the manpower or smarts to make good reverse engineering decisions.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Yes, WoW has a long history of individual tweaks, bugs, and bug fixes alike causing disproportionate shifts in the class meta across all aspects of the game.

Or were you just confused as to why we're discussing WotLK in the World of Warcraft: Classic thread?

Either way you're retarded.
The meta would shift with even a 1% performance change on classes because autists that have played the game for 15 years would do that for their parse.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
knocked out undying on my alt shaman earlier this week, who I literally green parse with, despite being super competitive on DPS meters in the raid I was in.

• 1Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
The 15 year old version of the game? Very insightful take you got.

The 15 year old version of the game was its most popular, commercially successful and culturally relevant. This isn't exactly some early build we're talking about.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
We're on 3.3.5a talents in a repurposed Legion 7.0.2(?) client. It has a lot of funny interactions due to the new client with the old databases.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
knocked out undying on my alt shaman earlier this week, who I literally green parse with, despite being super competitive on DPS meters in the raid I was in.
enhance or ele? i cant parse for shit on my spellhance shaman lmao its such a weird playstyle

Kiki

Log Wizard
We're on 3.3.5a talents in a repurposed Legion 7.0.2(?) client. It has a lot of funny interactions due to the new client with the old databases.

You can tell immediately that it's not the same game. Feign death on classic is a good example, it just doesn't act the same as it did and the feeling of emulation kinda sucks imo.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
enhance or ele? i cant parse for shit on my spellhance shaman lmao its such a weird playstyle
Spellhance yes. The playstyle is fine and fun to me. Or maybe i just think it is and i'm actually doing it completely wrong? I'm not parsing for shit.

I finally blue parsed Patchwerk tonight. 6.4k DPS = 54 parse.

Closest comparable run on my DK is like 5.9k DPS and that's a 57 parse.

So the ceiling on Enh shaman, the high end enh shaman are posting way higher than high end frost DKs. I guess that kinda makes sense since most DKs are unholy...but it just seems like, i'm not sure how i can possibly parse so much better than I am to actually see a 99/100 parse. Like a few minor gear upgrades, snapshotting fire elemental, and using potions of speed? Even if that doubled my DPS to 13k (wouldn't even come close, maybe 20% dps increase), that would still only be like a 72 parse.

100 parse for shaman is 24k DPS on patchwerk. I have no fucking idea how, but that's what i'm compared to.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spellhance yes. The playstyle is fine and fun to me. Or maybe i just think it is and i'm actually doing it completely wrong? I'm not parsing for shit.

I finally blue parsed Patchwerk tonight. 6.4k DPS = 54 parse.

Closest comparable run on my DK is like 5.9k DPS and that's a 57 parse.

So the ceiling on Enh shaman, the high end enh shaman are posting way higher than high end frost DKs. I guess that kinda makes sense since most DKs are unholy...but it just seems like, i'm not sure how i can possibly parse so much better than I am to actually see a 99/100 parse. Like a few minor gear upgrades, snapshotting fire elemental, and using potions of speed? Even if that doubled my DPS to 13k (wouldn't even come close, maybe 20% dps increase), that would still only be like a 72 parse.

100 parse for shaman is 24k DPS on patchwerk. I have no fucking idea how, but that's what i'm compared to.
Have to remember that parsing has a lot to do with everyone around you and not actually you. Take your same rotation but slam it into a raid where everyone is running hella HOT, and now you're parsing higher because the boss died faster.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Praying for factors outside your control to align so that your number on a third-party's external website might increase is the pinnacle of successful gameplay in the World of Warcraft.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Have to remember that parsing has a lot to do with everyone around you and not actually you. Take your same rotation but slam it into a raid where everyone is running hella HOT, and now you're parsing higher because the boss died faster.
Yeah yeah i know that. I'm in a dad guild full of boomers that run with 10 pugs each week for our 25 mans. Now like 7 of those pugs are the same guys week to week ( fellow boomers in their own dad guilds they dont wanna leave).

For me, blue parsing is my goal. That means i pressed my buttons in the correct order during the fight in the most optimal way. Thats all i care about.

Theres a few things i could improve, minor gear improvements, and i dont pot at all much less pre-pot, im not that sweaty. Hell half the time i forget to flask. Thats the difference between high green/blue parsing that i put out and high blue/purple parsing that similar dad guilds can do when they tryhard. The rest is probably fight length, our kills take 30s longer than pink/purple parsing guilds, that plays a big part in the calculations.

Basically im not super terrible, just a boomer whos kinda lazy, i can blue parse on any class, except fucking spellhance shaman. I dont know what im doing wrong but half my parses are grey, some are green.

I just dont understand how i can be top 3-5 dps in a raid of 25 and still be grey/low green parsing when they are all blue and purple?

The game is rigged.

Last edited:

Crone

What's the latest trick to get over to Grobb? you can't make any character on a non-AU SOM server if you don't already have one, and then when you go to try and transfer the level 1, it doesn't give the option for Grobb. :(

1673453246404.png

1673453292952.png

Crone

What's the latest trick to get over to Grobb? you can't make any character on a non-AU SOM server if you don't already have one, and then when you go to try and transfer the level 1, it doesn't give the option for Grobb. :(

View attachment 452476
View attachment 452477
Transferred to Jam Gabbar first, then when I went to free Transfer Grobb on Wrath Classic was available. Now I can make a character on Grobb.