World of Warcraft: Classic

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know it's WoW but wouldn't the easier path to max level be to just always group?
So supposedly they have rules for that shit. Im not sure about whole groups but for instance you can duo but you have to then ONLY duo. Meaning when your buddy is not on, you cant play the character. Instances are locked as one and done too. Im talking about the HC mod rules, not blizzard HC rules which are basically dont die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So supposedly they have rules for that shit. Im not sure about whole groups but for instance you can duo but you have to then ONLY duo. Meaning when your buddy is not on, you cant play the character. Instances are locked as one and done too. Im talking about the HC mod rules, not blizzard HC rules which are basically dont die.

Oh, ok. I was just thinking it would be way, way harder to die randomly to a brain fart or an elite you didn't see if you were in an actual group.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Teeny has been known as a griefer in wow for many years.

they let him in knowing that fact thinking 9 months of trial was enough to prove he had changed.

They were wrong.

The guy spent months making buddy buddy with them for a few subs and 5 minutes of fame. True fucking psychopath behavior.

but hey they wanted to give him a chance cause hc community has a good guy superiority complex. Ygwyfd
According to his video some of them had stolen Atiesh and scarab lord etc from him. Guess he was salty about it.

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard's implementation for HC sucks, highly doubt it's going to last long. Having played HC mod rules for a while, the rules seem kind of arbitrary and restrictive at first but they're really all essential to making sure everyone has the exact same challenge. If you can mail yourself a bunch of gold or use an out of group healer, it's not really the same. It's a skill challenge at its core and if you don't protect that level playing field, it spoils the challenge.

No appeals process is also laughable. They need to at least allow a rollback for server-caused DC deaths. Unlike modders they have the actual statistics, if there is a sudden sharp drop in players connected it's probably a problem on their end.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They will make rollback possible, but for 10$ !

out of 3 years of wow classic I was disconnected once and that was probably on my side.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not frequent but I have had it happen to me on the EU HC realm. 100% on Blizzard's end, server locked on login screen afterwards. I didn't die but I was definitely sweating it because I was mid fight at level 30. If you log back in inside a fully spawned cave or other high mob density area you're fucked. Sometimes people on griff rides log back in and fall to their deaths too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize that you could spam Petrification flasks to timeout boss encounters as kind of a failsafe. Requires ridiculous old school poopsocking to farm mats for so many of them but look at who we are talking about.

Guess I should have known since the world buff meta is also super gay.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard's implementation for HC sucks, highly doubt it's going to last long. Having played HC mod rules for a while, the rules seem kind of arbitrary and restrictive at first but they're really all essential to making sure everyone has the exact same challenge. If you can mail yourself a bunch of gold or use an out of group healer, it's not really the same. It's a skill challenge at its core and if you don't protect that level playing field, it spoils the challenge.

No appeals process is also laughable. They need to at least allow a rollback for server-caused DC deaths. Unlike modders they have the actual statistics, if there is a sudden sharp drop in players connected it's probably a problem on their end.
There is nothing skillful about the HC mod. It’s simply a matter of playing WoW with a lot of patience. Classic wow is the easiest version of wow ever made.

I don’t get the hate for Blizz’s HC implementation. They are never going to make everyone happy. For the people that think the HC mod is so great and fair then simply keep using the mod…

I have no interest in the HC mod but I’ll probably fuck around with official HC for awhile. I wouldn’t even consider it if I couldn’t trade with my bros.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is nothing skillful about the HC mod. It’s simply a matter of playing WoW with a lot of patience. Classic wow is the easiest version of wow ever made.

I don’t get the hate for Blizz’s HC implementation. They are never going to make everyone happy. For the people that think the HC mod is so great and fair then simply keep using the mod…

I have no interest in the HC mod but I’ll probably fuck around with official HC for awhile. I wouldn’t even consider it if I couldn’t trade with my bros.

Yea just be careful and it's easy, that's what everyone thinks before they actually try it. If you level as a team, you can trade with your teammates.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also cant do some quests that are death, or at least till higher level, and stay away from caves, I think the app keeps track of when and where people die and you can show a heat map of where people die the most. Dont be cocky, there is a reason the heat map says that 1000 people died there so dont assume youre too good for that shit and youre not going to die.

Keep in mind tht a lot of deaths can be attributed to Blizzards implementation of respawns when there is a lot of people around the area too. YOu can be as careful as fuck clearing out an area, cave, whatever, but that means dick all when the shit just respawns way too early and on top of your ass just as you got done clearing. So the more the popular the server is, the more people in HC get fucked by this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I dont have an interest in it or an issue with it. It just seems weird to make a whole server dedicated to it. Just keep it as an official mod or something or a normal server. Seems like a waste of resources to me. But I could be wrong.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont have an interest in it or an issue with it. It just seems weird to make a whole server dedicated to it. Just keep it as an official mod or something or a normal server. Seems like a waste of resources to me. But I could be wrong.
Honestly im with you on that point. I would like to see some more expanded "seasonal" classic wow servers instead of this shit. But I dont think it took them a lot of work to come up with this shit either. Its not like they had to recode the whole game to make it perma death or perma ghost or whatever their implementation was for HC servers.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There's def re demand for it, so a dedicated server makes sense, shrug

• 2Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Grouping is a false sense of security as you can get overconfident. There are plenty of examples of groups dying in the HC fail videos - you try stuff you wouldn't do solo and sometimes it goes bad.

• 3Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly im with you on that point. I would like to see some more expanded "seasonal" classic wow servers instead of this shit. But I dont think it took them a lot of work to come up with this shit either. Its not like they had to recode the whole game to make it perma death or perma ghost or whatever their implementation was for HC servers.

I fully expect them to do a new seasonal or progression style server later this year or early next year, once ICC has been out for a while on WotLK classic. Don't think there's much enthousiasm for Cataclysm Classic among the playerbase.

Not saying there won't be a Cata-Classic but I expect a progression/vanilla server at the same time. EQ has done well just doing the popular expansions over and over so they'd be a fool not to emulate that. I imagine they hired Holly Longdale specifically for her experience in this.

• 3Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

i'm sorry I never played retail so maybe some expansions later they decided to reverse the trend of WoW getting easier and easier every expansion, but this has got to be the dumbest take i've ever seen. Demonstrably false from the get go. Vanilla is harder than TBC which is harder than WOTLK.

You can play with the HC mod on WOTLK servers but hardly anyone does because the game world is just much more forgiving and easy. hardly any elite quests/areas while leveling, less social aggro, less roaming "oh shit" mobs who fuck you up, etc everything is far more solo friendly. You can pretty much accidently HC wotlk leveling without even trying.

edit:
I dont think the Official HC servers are getting hate per se just in traditional blizzard fashion they are missing the fucking point of the HC challenge. You know, the actual Challenge part? They are a waste of resources because only retards are going to bother playing there.

They are just regular ass vanilla servers with no restrictions in place, just without the ability to res. The whole point behind no mail no auction no trade only 1 dungeon run and only while in a specific level range etc is to retain the challenge of leveling.

This server is gonna be full of twinks sitting in instanced dungeons getting carried to level cap without any challenge just so they can say "see i did it, all by myself mommy"

The only challenge will be not dying to blizzard server disconnects and that's the only HC thing this server has going for it, no ability to appeal bullshit server deaths.

HC may not be your particular cup of tea and that's fine, but the HC Mod version is the way to experience it, not this official blizzard HC server.

Give it a shot if you want, just don't South Park it (sitting in the woods killing "boars", ie safe non-social animal mobs well below your level). The point of the challenge isn't to be super safe and patient pulling your hair out from boredom, it's to actually get good and learn how the game really works, mob behavior, pathing, mechanics, Z axis, leashing, etc. shit you never had to really worry about understanding before because it didnt' really matter if you died. stop getting so attached to your character, you are going to die so embrace it and learn from it.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I expect high quality HC server highlight reels. I am looking forward to that.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i'm sorry I never played retail so maybe some expansions later they decided to reverse the trend of WoW getting easier and easier every expansion, but this has got to be the dumbest take i've ever seen. Demonstrably false from the get go. Vanilla is harder than TBC which is harder than WOTLK.

You can play with the HC mod on WOTLK servers but hardly anyone does because the game world is just much more forgiving and easy. hardly any elite quests/areas while leveling, less social aggro, less roaming "oh shit" mobs who fuck you up, etc everything is far more solo friendly. You can pretty much accidently HC wotlk leveling without even trying.
When I last played in BFA 5 man elite quests were just as easy solo as any other quest. lol.

• 1Like