World of Warcraft: Classic

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im guessing they will announce a new SoM at Blizzcon. Shortly after ICC drops and there is a lull between that and the next retail expansion.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Im guessing they will announce a new SoM at Blizzcon. Shortly after ICC drops and there is a lull between that and the next retail expansion.
back in vanilla i'd say yeah that would make sense, but retail isn't doing too hot any more. back then they had like a 50/50 split between classic and retail players and a large portion who played both. From what i've read recently though its like 2/3 classic and 1/3 retail and most classic players are classic only.

I think after the ICC lull they'll announce a Cata Classic progression but because that's questionable for desirability, they will also launch at the same time as a new SOM, but instead of a classic server it will be more like a Time Locked Progression server.

Ideally release in Vanilla with "some changes", no world buffs for example, with a perm 50% exp buff (Joyous Journeys) and 50% increase raid loot drops and a flat 8 week progression through the phases. so a phase every 2 months with TBC drops exactly 1 year later, and then WOTLK again in another year. That buys you 3 years of subscriptions and allows the "i just did wrath..." to wear off and people to miss it and start to look forward to it again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
i'm sorry I never played retail so maybe some expansions later they decided to reverse the trend of WoW getting easier and easier every expansion, but this has got to be the dumbest take i've ever seen. Demonstrably false from the get go. Vanilla is harder than TBC which is harder than WOTLK.

You can play with the HC mod on WOTLK servers but hardly anyone does because the game world is just much more forgiving and easy. hardly any elite quests/areas while leveling, less social aggro, less roaming "oh shit" mobs who fuck you up, etc everything is far more solo friendly. You can pretty much accidently HC wotlk leveling without even trying.

edit:
I dont think the Official HC servers are getting hate per se just in traditional blizzard fashion they are missing the fucking point of the HC challenge. You know, the actual Challenge part? They are a waste of resources because only retards are going to bother playing there.

They are just regular ass vanilla servers with no restrictions in place, just without the ability to res. The whole point behind no mail no auction no trade only 1 dungeon run and only while in a specific level range etc is to retain the challenge of leveling.

This server is gonna be full of twinks sitting in instanced dungeons getting carried to level cap without any challenge just so they can say "see i did it, all by myself mommy"

The only challenge will be not dying to blizzard server disconnects and that's the only HC thing this server has going for it, no ability to appeal bullshit server deaths.

HC may not be your particular cup of tea and that's fine, but the HC Mod version is the way to experience it, not this official blizzard HC server.

Give it a shot if you want, just don't South Park it (sitting in the woods killing "boars", ie safe non-social animal mobs well below your level). The point of the challenge isn't to be super safe and patient pulling your hair out from boredom, it's to actually get good and learn how the game really works, mob behavior, pathing, mechanics, Z axis, leashing, etc. shit you never had to really worry about understanding before because it didnt' really matter if you died. stop getting so attached to your character, you are going to die so embrace it and learn from it.
Dumb take held by nearly everyone except you. Classic has no mechanics at all. It’s purely an exercise of patience. Anyone that thinks classic is harder than retail isn’t playing retail outside of maybe leveling I guess.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Dumb take held by nearly everyone except you. Classic has no mechanics at all. It’s purely an exercise of patience. Anyone that thinks classic is harder than retail isn’t playing retail outside of maybe leveling I guess.
You re confusing two things here.

Retail has gone significantly harder in raiding, by quite huge margin, this is undeniable.

But the leveling experience is a lot easier and dumbed down.
Classic has a lot of shit you have no idea about or forgot that will absolutely fuck you while leveling. Hell as a melee class some mobs are surprisingly hard out of nowhere compared to others and unless you already know or died to them you would have no fucking idea.

Elite quests solo? Good fucking luck. Yeah you don't have to do them, but if you have a bit of gaming in you you will try it, and that might not turn out well for you.

Random non elites can thrash, execute, net, stun, some quest will spawn 4 adds and you had no idea, caster mobs absolutely destroy faces in classic at even con, forget pulling multiple of these
Respawns in caves can be absolutely brutal even when careful. A bit of bad rng or a quick respawn in a cave and everything respawned on your way out, GG no re.

I've seen so many people claim lololol hc classic is so easy and none of them made it past 20. Mechanically classic is bare, but you also have way less survivability at lower levels and a small mistake and it's over.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You’re only arguing this from the perspective of Classic HC mod. What if you tried playing retail with HC rules? Sure leveling would be a million times easier but good luck after that.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to change the die=death and change it to death = 10 lvls lost. Still stings, but you can still play your char, and death still means something, but not game ending. HC addon and the offical HC serves are not the same.

• 2Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider

Real hardcore there. At least when the same shit happens on Blizzard HC their tears will be ignored.

• 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Real hardcore there. At least when the same shit happens on Blizzard HC their tears will be ignored.

I get it but it's a mistake. You have to let these things be what they are. Having the end of this story be "and then everyone had their deaths reverted" ruins the whole thing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
If they attempt it again I hope someone who previously never even considered griefing rises to the occasion and pulls the same stunt.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I get it but it's a mistake. You have to let these things be what they are. Having the end of this story be "and then everyone had their deaths reverted" ruins the whole thing.
This.

Griefing is part of the game. Nobody cheated or anything.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They can do whatever they want and I'm never going to play there or be part of that community. It would be better for hardcore if the let it rock and plowed forward despite the setback. "And then we cleared Naxx anyway fuck you" is an amazing end to the story. Getting it all reverted blows that opportunity for all time.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
You’re only arguing this from the perspective of Classic HC mod. What if you tried playing retail with HC rules? Sure leveling would be a million times easier but good luck after that.
hi you are fucking retarded. The HC challenge is to reach level cap without dying. There is no "after that"

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
hi you are fucking retarded. The HC challenge is to reach level cap without dying. There is no "after that"
Another amazing take. Why exactly is everyone going nuts over the HC Nax wipe if there is no "after that".

DEERRRRRPPPP

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
people are laughing at the autism required to "raid" HC, because for 99% of the players who do HC (and everyone else who doesn't do HC), it's only about the leveling experience. Going nuts laughing at them, not going nuts because "omg how unfair"

Look at the HC mod's decision to let them appeal it and the reaction to that decision. Everyone thinks its fucking retarded they should stay dead.

I see once again big brain take from you. Are you Ossoi's alt or something? just admit you said something stupid and move on, no need to defend your honor with this absurdity.
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Like
  • 1Picard