World of Warcraft: Classic

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I might eventually give official HC a shot (though admittedly I don’t really see the appeal in this type of game), I’m going to give it some time I think.
1. I don’t much care about being first, in fact I prefer to level in relative peace. A few weeks behind the curve seems perfect. Functioning economy, established guilds, less competition for mobs.
2. I’m hoping they revert the client update, or that the addons get updated shortly to work, at least.

Also, seriously, what is the appeal? Especially when you just transfer to era when you die? I’d be more interested in buffed content that forces you to play near perfectly or group for normal mobs. Not easy content where the penalty for failure is re-roll. That just promotes selfish, overly-cautious play, doesn’t it?
Blizzard is just “me too-ing” what the rest of the community already did correctly and making it their version, but worse. They haven’t had a good idea in decades.
If they had a clue, they would open TBC Classic again and a fresh Vanilla classic since it’s vastly more popular than WOTLK.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this is just a watered down version of HC for the masses. not quite as challenging but the no appeal death no matter how much DDOS is gonna be hilarious so i'm playing it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
Best thing that can happen to this game at this point is once MS completes the purchase. It’s goes on game pass for free and becomes the new RuneScape.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jasker Jasker you are allowed to say the word turtle.

ninja turtles GIF

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ezekiel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Despite all my shit talking about HC, I rolled on Defias Pillager today and am having a grand time. People are friendly and plentiful in Elwynn, at least. Respawn timers are crazy fast, so no waiting, but of course that means stay away from caves. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Went with my original first class: Paladin. Kill speed is slow as hell in the later levels, but the RP/immersion is top notch. Plus I like tanking, and even healing is an option. Saved a couple of people already with some heals (right place right time), which felt great. The stakes are higher so that stuff matters. I think I get it.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Classic is a damn fun game, but I am honestly shocked by the appeal of the Bliz version of HC after HC already happened via app.

Classic + really seems like it would be a slam dunk money maker for these tards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The fast spawns are a blessing and curse. Great until five equal level mobs randomly spawn on your head.

• 3Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hadn't played WoW much since Wrath. Think I lvled once through Cata, and then once through MoP, but had no desire to raid there.

Having said that, I figured I'd give hardcore a run and it's been really entertaining. Everything matters here, one wrong slip up up and /rip you go.

This version of WoW truly is about the journey, and not the destination. Whereas when I tried Classic the first time, it was just a mad dash to 60 to start raiding again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ezekiel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hadn't played WoW much since Wrath. Think I lvled once through Cata, and then once through MoP, but had no desire to raid there.

Having said that, I figured I'd give hardcore a run and it's been really entertaining. Everything matters here, one wrong slip up up and /rip you go.

This version of WoW truly is about the journey, and not the destination. Whereas when I tried Classic the first time, it was just a mad dash to 60 to start raiding again.
I never raided in the first place, and love the slow burn of vanilla. Despite not really being familiar with end game: the world buffs, boosting, GDKP, and dungeon cleave shit all turned me off. You can’t blame the younger generation really, but Christ if they don’t optimize the fun out of things.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Classic is a damn fun game, but I am honestly shocked by the appeal of the Bliz version of HC after HC already happened via app.

Classic + really seems like it would be a slam dunk money maker for these tards.
You seem to forget how much Blizzard 2023 hates money.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You seem to forget how much Blizzard 2023 hates money.

Really? They seem to be nailing the making money thing. Put 0 effort into making a game... break sales records. Look at the D4 thread. Even people on this forum ate it up and defended it until they couldn't anymore.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve been enjoying hardcore but I’m fairly certain that is due to me not dying yet. I assume my tune will change once I oops-fuck an alt tab.

Also this has become a thing. 🤣
giphy.gif

• 3Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
they need a normal fresh server my god, hc is such a drag because you have to play so differently zzzz
I just wanna aoe grind a mage on a fresh server

• 3Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
unless you REALLY know ur shit and poopsock for the first 24 hours, youre not going to have a fun time ae grinding as a mage on a fresh server when theres 200 other people thinking the same thing. in a lot of the good spots all it takes is 1 other mage to make it not worth it and thats not including having another 1000 people running through sniping things for quests

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best thing to do is wait a week or two after frest server start. Also, there should be new seasonal servers coming, soon, at least they mentioned new season a while back when they were talking about new official HC servers.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Read a comment that stuck with me about Classic and Classic+ the other day. You're not in a rush with Classic. That's the appeal. Nothing is compelling you to login and do your wizard chores for precious engagement metrics and worse actually fall behind in gameplay where you can't actually catchup. You do you. As fast or as slow as you want.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

It's corporate ego. The modern state of the game is the best it's ever been right!?

What would it say about the modern game if people actually prefered classic and it wasn't just a nostalgia/challenge distraction?

Needless

Toe Sucker
unless you REALLY know ur shit and poopsock for the first 24 hours, youre not going to have a fun time ae grinding as a mage on a fresh server when theres 200 other people thinking the same thing. in a lot of the good spots all it takes is 1 other mage to make it not worth it and thats not including having another 1000 people running through sniping things for quests
oh definitely, last time i didnt swap to it until much later during SOM, i did single target until the mid 30s

my hc hunter just died at 23 because i went to pick a kingsblood and aggro'd 8 gnolls in wetlands lol back to classic era, this shits a snoozer

• 2Worf
  • 1Like