World of Warcraft: Classic

Chris

Potato del Grande
Don't know of it's a caster thing or a consoleport addon thing, but the game is much easier now I know that I need to manually put higher skill ranks on my bars.

My entire Warlock run is an embarrassment now, I was using rank 1 dots.

In the undead starting area? It isn't too bad, IIRC being lvl 4 is a safe time to visit.
No, Silverpine. It's lv12-ish.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Don't know of it's a caster thing or a consoleport addon thing, but the game is much easier now I know that I need to manually put higher skill ranks on my bars.

It's a Classic thing, you need to put any spells you buy on your bars manually.

You can use this to your advantage by having multiple ranks of a spell hotkeyed (ie. Rank 1 Frostbolt for a quick low mana snare, same with Rank 1 or 2 Polymorph if you don't need it sheeped that long, etc.)

• 5Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think the variable spawn rate is pretty dangerous in these servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

My entire Warlock run is an embarrassment now, I was using rank 1 dots.

It can be annoying because you can catch yourself forgetting. To get around this, creating a macro button for the spell cast and not specifying a rank will always default the cast to the highest rank.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Doing AV weekend on my 52 druid. Should be 60 now but 3 play through of BG3.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The macro thing works. but you have to log out and back in to refresh macros in /castsequence rank changes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
mage is fun, its either by far the easiest class to level (normal single target frost) or the hardest but also fastest (aoe blizzard grinding)
i heard somebody awhile back say DKs werent the first hero classes, vanilla mages were and i can actually agree with that with how powerful they are lol

i just hit 60 on my latest mage the other night so im pretty stoked to gear em up, super fun in dungeons but real boring in raids until you can go fire lol but whatever, great class
Wow you were not wrong about this.

Frostbolt slow alone makes up for the lack of a pet tank compared to my Hunter/Warlock runs.

Frost Nova is just a great escape ability and unlike Vanish/Fegin Death you can use it when soloing things AND reset it's cooldown with Cold Snap.

Blink is fantastic.

I've had a few miraculous escapes with these abilities. Lv22 now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow you were not wrong about this.

Frostbolt slow alone makes up for the lack of a pet tank compared to my Hunter/Warlock runs.

Frost Nova is just a great escape ability and unlike Vanish/Fegin Death you can use it when soloing things AND reset it's cooldown with Cold Snap.

Blink is fantastic.

I've had a few miraculous escapes with these abilities. Lv22 now.
When I finally played classic in late BC, early WOTLK, I was reminded that classes werent always a piano to play at mach 5 speeds. You can see how intuitive and fun they are - more so, class defining abilities shine. If I said the same on reddit, I would have a laundry list of retail faggots saying that the game is "boring" without the combat rotation being 500 APM. But a fucking ~40 year old audience doesnt want to play Guitar Hero on its hardest difficulty every night for several hours at a time and I just dont get how the devs have not realized this shit. Never mind the moms that have the coordination of a 3 year old, or actual new players themselves.

Which any retail dev should be able to see the fucking writing on the wall when combat rotation hacks get as popular as they do.

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wrote out a shopping list of what I want to see but it's just remaking retail WoW but not shit. It's pointless to add anything to classic.

Their aim needs to be to give retail the classic feel and have some humility that their modern game is bad.

They need a time skip to reset the story, remake the original continents and future proof the game design.

The biggest issue they have is that each expansion bins the previous one except for a shallow and short leveling experience. All the max level dungeons, raids and systems go - there are MMOs which keep everything relevant so it's not an impossible to solve problem.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Their aim needs to be to give retail the classic feel and have some humility that their modern game is bad.

Never gonna happen while Ion and his merry band of Yes Men are in charge.

These are the same devs who scoffed at the idea of Classic and thought it would be a massive failure. "Why would anyone want to play that old shit?". Then they were shocked and dumbfounded when it was so popular.

You think you do, but you don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I wrote out a shopping list of what I want to see but it's just remaking retail WoW but not shit. It's pointless to add anything to classic.

They need a time skip to reset the story, remake the original continents and future proof the game design.

The biggest issue they have is that each expansion bins the previous one except for a shallow and short leveling experience. All the max level dungeons, raids and systems go - there are MMOs which keep everything relevant so it's not an impossible to solve problem.

I'm back off ignore already? Pathetic