World of Warcraft: Classic

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked the slide they showed yesterday basically saying "fuck warriors, everyone else is getting buffed" when they were talking about SoD runes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is probably gonna piss in some cheerios but if they found a way to dump DKs into classic with a twist and just make them start at 1 like the rest of the plebs, I’d probably sign up.

The warlock changes are almost enough to get me to fuck around again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is probably gonna piss in some cheerios but if they found a way to dump DKs into classic with a twist and just make them start at 1 like the rest of the plebs, I’d probably sign up.

The warlock changes are almost enough to get me to fuck around again.
Would be cool if Paladins and maybe Warriors got a lv50 quest in WPL where they get turned by the Scourge, go on a rampage through Hearthglen killing Scarlets, then break free because of Tirion Fordring.

It's kinda what the DL starting zone was, but you are actually invested in the character because of the 1-50 journey.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It sounds great as long as it doesn't hinder those particular classes. Like all of a sudden a rogue tank in raids is meta. Of course it shouldn't just because of itemization but you never know.

Good changes, wotlk prot war skills in classic is fucking mint.

I also really like the lvl 25 cap, curious if they will add another or just go straight to 60 afterwards.

You can't really tank any raids sub 60 due to crushing blows and not sure if classic without even MC for 6months + is brilliant or a disaster.

Having BRD as a raid zone gives me vex thal PTSD.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Just remember the same people who made d4 still work there.
Listen Up Reaction GIF by Laff

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It sounds great as long as it doesn't hinder those particular classes. Like all of a sudden a rogue tank in raids is meta. Of course it shouldn't just because of itemization but you never know.

I also really like the lvl 25 cap, curious if they will add another or just go straight to 60 afterwards.

You can't really tank any raids sub 60 due to crushing blows and not sure if classic without even MC for 6months + is brilliant or a disaster.

They said the level cap would raise in increments. I’m guessing 10 levels each time with a raid dungeon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For at least the first cap raise they said it'll only be a few weeks.
They must have more to announce then?

If they reveal the next tier before launch that's a good sign they'll have a decent content schedule.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They must have more to announce then?

If they reveal the next tier before launch that's a good sign they'll have a decent content schedule.

They didn't show any of it, but at the end of the classic presentation they hinted at gnomeregan, scarlet monastery and karazhan crypts as upcoming content, which we can assume might be level cap raids.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asmon is going to level a hardcore character....

He have people invite everyone to his layer, but that is still a fuckton of people.

• 1Mother of God

Needless

Toe Sucker
if he really wanted to level he wouldnt stream it, asmons a retard and streamers should be segregated :)

• 1EyeRoll

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This seems vaguely positive? I mean this isn't quite the Classic+ I wanted. Some of the skill changes seem excessive - like OK making all specs viable by hinting towards TBC changes, great, but adding the crazy tank shit is a bit ehhhhh? There seems like just too much wacky stuff right off the bat. If I can get over that, maybe the C+ I wanted is in store if this whole thing is very successful and makes it to 60 and beyond. So maybe there is hope.
Granting shit like 50-point Wrath talents at a level where the class doesn’t even have half its baseline spells from Vanilla yet is just a laughably absurd design choice.

This is something I’d expect from kids just monkeying around with the settings on their own pserver, although I guess that also describes the Blizzard of 2023.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This new server doesn't sound classic at all, but it does sound fun.

Will be curious if they end up the EQ route. Divide their playerbase. 1 regular classic server and then 1 server where they put all the weird ideas to test them out.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
welp WOTLK is confirmed dead since they are moving to Cataclysm but fuck yes SOD looks fucking amazing.

Vanilla is just such a superior game world and superior product in every conceivable way, except class balance is absolute shit, world buffs are fucking gay, and everything is known and solved.

Season of Discovery resolves 2 out of the 3 problems by bringing customizable wrath/tbc class design into classic and by adding new mysteries/unknowns to solve, new raids/gear/etc, at least for a few weeks as each level band is released.

I guess we're just forever stuck with world buffs. Fuck whoever came up with them hope they are getting ass raped in a prison somewhere.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

looking at the skills i'm pretty sure its going to be wotlk era mechanics not classic. ie +crit/expertise/hit rating not + weapon skill. looks like no crushing blows, just enough defense to hit -6% crit chance since all the non-tank tank skills are getting that.

Also seems like threat will be closer to wrath than classic. with feral druids getting windfury affect and paladins getting tremor totem, the question is what does horde get from paladins to make it even? where's the Salv? oh its built in just like it is in tbc/wrath.