World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ya, they reuse models all the time for raid bosses. Then, in later expansions, they use recolored raid bosses as dungeon bosses! It honestly doesn't bother me as long there's some apparent effort to make that boss unique in some way, even if it's just voice-overs or whatever.

It'll be interesting to see if they make more unique models now that LFR has opened the door to raid content for exponentially more players.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So... what is the next raid?

It's trolls again isn't it (With Mogu + Thunder King)? Ruins of Zandalar is floating right there on the Pandaria Map above Townlong Stepps...

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Trolls 'again'? What, three expansions worth of time isn't long enough between troll raids?
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Speaking of trolls, Gara'jal heroic is a giant cocksucker if you're a DK tank. It's doable but god damn is that shit retarded. After that bullshit I don't want to ever see another fucking troll.

kudos

<Banned>
yeah, well, that's just your opinion, mon.
Remember back when people would complain when devs in EQ would add a death touch mechanic to a fight? They said it was just lazy fucking raid design.

That's how I see troll dungeons. It's like they are just calling it in when they make one. Out of ideas? Make another damn troll dungeon.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There was no troll raid in WotLK, or Cataclysm. Just saiyan
While technically accurate, since they were not raids, WoLK and Cata had a lot of troll content. WoLK had an entire zone dedicated to trolls (Zul'Drak) as well as two dungeons (Drak'Theron and Gun'Drak). Cataclysm also brought back Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman as the main focus of a content patch. It does seem like trolls are the most common recurring theme in WoW, and I myself am tired of them as well.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I just really dislike that MOP reversed entirely good solutions for issues in previous expansions. We're back to one bonus heroic a day; professions + recipes are stupid, VP items on rep vendors, and the way reputation was handled in this expac can blow me.

Yea, I mean I'll vouch for the fact that at least we have more raid content now, and the whole 4 lockouts in wotlk can go fuck itself.

But the rest of the content is dailies pretty much, and if you're ok doing that over and over again (Even if you're only doing it casually, or only to revered, or only a few reps at a time) it's still stupid repetitive.

My main issue has always been that they seem to have taken a few steps back in some areas, and didn't do a whole lot else to improve the game.

MOP is not a bad expansion, but fuck me if I'll call it the best.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Upgrading gear ilvl with badge points killed me this time around. Totally grindy needless shit imo. :/

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm enjoying this expansion a lot. My hunter is almost 'done' with reps. At this point all I have left to do is grind mobs in DP for black prince rep, and finish up SP, GL, and AC. I've put most of that on hold and gone on an old school rep spree the past couple weeks. Within the next month I'll be exalted with all vanilla -> wolk raid reps leaving only Avengers of Hyjal to do and the old daily grind ones in bc and wolk.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
So I just came back and I'm playing very casual maybe 1 hour a night. DPS isn't cutting it for LFD ques, with the recent MoP changes what tank or healer is the most fun to play?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea dailies are a bit stupid in this xpac. There is what? 6-8 factions with about 4-12 dailies each (I hate you Golden Lotus). About 80-90% of the daily quests are monotonous. I don't mind them artificially cockblocking me, but they could make each faction only have one long, more indepth. Remember that sniping mission in Jade Forest? Why don't they have dailies like that?

I'm thinking something like Brawler's Guild type mobs mixed with that August Celestial quest where you have to run up to mountain avoiding the tornadoes. Also, include more raid mechanics to quests, re-introduce group quests, and start teaching people how to play their class. Hell if you had one daily per faction you could make them class specific.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I just came back and I'm playing very casual maybe 1 hour a night. DPS isn't cutting it for LFD ques, with the recent MoP changes what tank or healer is the most fun to play?
I'm enjoying DK as Blood. I'm pretty casual (play for a few hours a week) and like that the Blood spec allows me to do shit like solo old world content (now with pets!) for transmog armor, etc. Fun and not overly complicated in group/raid content either (my opinion). Frost is very strong DPS as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well if you are talking numbers DPS wise, the top 3 in raid content, fully geared, would be Affliction Lock, Fury War, and Arcane Mage followed by Rogues, DKs and Priests. Hunters need some PvE love IMO (their AoE seems great though)

Healing wise I would take a Paladin/Priest as Monks got nerfed in 5.1. Priest is probably the best because you can be both DPS and backup heals.

Tanking is up for grabs, although I hear paladins/warriors are great and druids suck. I could be wrong though.

Personally I play an Affliction Lock for PvE and Demon for Arenas so if you need any advice with the class I can help you out.