World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does WoD ever go on sale on bnet shop? Got a 20 dollar giftcard to use.
I got it on sale directly through b.net during Black Friday so it does go on sale but Dandai is probably right that it won't until the pre-Legion patch hits.

It's barely over $20 after tax without being on sale though.

Khane

So based on how they developed and continue to update Diablo 3, and now the announcement of the new Mythic+ system and keystones in Legion it seems like with every update they are making the two games more and more homogenous. Random affixes don't belong in an MMORPG. And scaling both hp AND damage of enemy mobs at the same percentage in each tier... totally a shoehorn.

"We got fucked with affixes, reset". Seems like a really stupid change to me, hope it doesn't make it live.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, it is a great way to keep 5 man content compelling and worthwhile. How else are they going to prevent dungeons from being useless a month into the expansion?

Also, affixes aren't random per use of key. They are random within a certain period of time that all players doing that content at that time have to deal with. Sure, you can wait for a good affix combo to show up but you certainly won't be randoming it over and over looking for the right now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So based on how they developed and continue to update Diablo 3, and now the announcement of the new Mythic+ system and keystones in Legion it seems like with every update they are making the two games more and more homogenous. Random affixes don't belong in an MMORPG. And scaling both hp AND damage of enemy mobs at the same percentage in each tier... totally a shoehorn.

"We got fucked with affixes, reset". Seems like a really stupid change to me, hope it doesn't make it live.
I disagree, random stats worked fine in AC and were the cornerstone of the economy and the reason to play. Shitty implementations are the problem- ie one shot per week at a shot at the stats you want on maybe the piece you need with gear resets every six(LoL) months.

Khane

Meh, it is a great way to keep 5 man content compelling and worthwhile. How else are they going to prevent dungeons from being useless a month into the expansion?

Also, affixes aren't random per use of key. They are random within a certain period of time that all players doing that content at that time have to deal with. Sure, you can wait for a good affix combo to show up but you certainly won't be randoming it over and over looking for the right now.
Ugh, that makes it even worse.

I still see a full list of custom Mythic dungeon groups in the dungeon finding tool any time I look. So it doesn't appear they are useless.

Making them harder and harder as you get better and better is one thing. Adding stupid affixes that are random and change, even if it's every 12 hours, is a model I am not a fan of at all.

I like the idea of removing the run cap and being able to gear out in 5 man content. I do not like the affix idea, not one bit. It sucks in Diablo and it's gonna suck in WoW. The problem arises in the fact that certain combos inevitably just won't be able to be dealt with for certain classes, while other classes can cakewalk them. It adds a very stupid element of chance to your progression because regardless of skill level, it's guaranteed some of those affix combos are going to be way, way harder than others. Then they will get nerfed to the point where you can just ignore them and what's the damn point anyway?

Khane

I disagree, random stats worked fine in AC and were the cornerstone of the economy and the reason to play. Shitty implementations are the problem- ie one shot per week at a shot at the stats you want on maybe the piece you need with gear resets every six(LoL) months.
I never played AC, but it sounds like you're talking about random stats on gear? That's not what I'm talking about. Mobs in these Mythic+ dungeons are going to have random ability affixes, like rares/champs in diablo. I agree that the current mythic lockout is stupid, and it's stupid for all the same reasons that I hate dailies, but random ability affixes are just as stupid with a different set of equally stupid problems.

Khane

Looks like it was NPC Scan that was causing all my black screen crashes, which really sucks because I can't imagine playing without that addon.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Looks like it was NPC Scan that was causing all my black screen crashes, which really sucks because I can't imagine playing without that addon.
update and/or revert it?

I fucking love that thing, I just wish it work in Tanaan for the non-one-time treasures.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I haven't used NPCScan in years. Silver Dragon is what all the kids are using these days.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Making them harder and harder as you get better and better is one thing. Adding stupid affixes that are random and change, even if it's every 12 hours, is a model I am not a fan of at all.
There's ablue postthat explicitly says that the 12h rotation is for beta testing, and the real rotation is weekly.

Basically, every week, you are going to have a combo of specific affixes; everyone is going to have the same combo for that week, and the combos rotate on a fixed basis. You start with a tier 1 stone, you get that week's first affix on your 3rd successful run, you get the week's second affix on the 6th run. So it's not random combos, there's a list of possible combos, and you'll know in advance what you'll face this week (and have easy weeks and hard weeks. Up to you to see if you try to get that week's big loot or not bother after 5th run).

Khane

There's ablue postthat explicitly says that the 12h rotation is for beta testing, and the real rotation is weekly.

Basically, every week, you are going to have a combo of specific affixes; everyone is going to have the same combo for that week, and the combos rotate on a fixed basis. You start with a tier 1 stone, you get that week's first affix on your 3rd successful run, you get the week's second affix on the 6th run. So it's not random combos, there's a list of possible combos, and you'll know in advance what you'll face this week (and have easy weeks and hard weeks. Up to you to see if you try to get that week's big loot or not bother after 5th run).
Weekly is even worse man. An entire week with a shit sandwich affix and all the players saying "LF DK Tank and Resto Druid Healer for Mythic+. Shit sandwich affixes that eat warriors and prot pallies alive, sorry buds!". And in order for that not to happen we all already know what Blizzard will do. Nerf the affixes to the point of not even mattering anyway.

One of the worst ideas I've seen them come up with. They love this weekly/daily shit.

Khane

Ugh, I reinstalled WoW again because as it turns out it wasn't NPC scan causing the issues and it was happening even with the stock UI. Except I forgot to backup my savedvariables folder...

Fuck me now I have to set up my UI again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Resubbed because the mage I'd been tinkering with finally hit 21 so I couldn't play for free anymore. Ran my Paladin do Ulduar deciding to park him there to plow through the dungeon every week and to work on that legendary - 4 shards is a nice start I suppose. Mimiron's head was the real reward for the evening.

Anyone else have alts parked different places working on things like that?

Saban_sl

shitlord
i was going around working on all the dungeon and raid meta achievements, and in ulduars case all the extra achievements. Most of them are soloable, but nearly every raid has an achievement that cant be soloed.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I've completed all of them up through Dragon Soul, except Firelands. The only raid achievement that isn't soloable is "Only the Penitent..." from Firelands.

The one other tricky one is "Been Waiting a Long Time for This" in ICC, where you need to let devouring plague stack to 30, but he doesn't cast it on the highest aggro target. Doable with a hunter though, probably other pet classes too.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, only need Penitent too. Tried it once w/ someone and I have no idea who messed up tbh.