World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What happened at launch? I didn't get into WoD until a month or two in. I can't remember why either.
Blizzard released a documentary on how stupid it was to have the entire server in one spot like AQ. They then proceeded to funnel the entire server into a single spot creating a huge cluster fuck for the WoD release. They also had some annoying clicky shared resource quest where you had to tag trees or some shit which created a huge fucking choke point. Huge queues also created people never wanting to log out as people wanted to keep recycling the fucking garrison missions.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Wow August 30th... right before Labor Day and completely missing what nearly everyone would regard as "summer" much less the golden window around the release of the movie.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh I forgot about the WOD queues

I remember installing team viewer, setting my char to login, going to the bar with friends and constantly checking it from my phone. As soon as I logged in (several hours later) I would just keep moving my character until I got home.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Blizzard released a documentary on how stupid it was to have the entire server in one spot like AQ. They then proceeded to funnel the entire server into a single spot creating a huge cluster fuck for the WoD release. They also had some annoying clicky shared resource quest where you had to tag trees or some shit which created a huge fucking choke point. Huge queues also created people never wanting to log out as people wanted to keep recycling the fucking garrison missions.
haha, I totally blocked that out. Fuck I forgot about that. At least the orgon you had to kill was a shared tag.

Also:The Legion Returns August 30 - World of Warcraft

"Summer". Fucking...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well technically summer doesn't end until September 21st. This doesn't surprise me at all, what would have surprised me was if they actually came in around June like everyone was hoping.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It was a real pain in the ass to establish your garrison when WoD launched. Literally like 100 people would phase in and just steal your shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well technically summer doesn't end until September 21st. This doesn't surprise me at all, what would have surprised me was if they actually came in around June like everyone was hoping.
Late July was my hope, but fucking... really? August?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow August 30th... right before Labor Day and completely missing what nearly everyone would regard as "summer" much less the golden window around the release of the movie.
Kinda depends on when the prepatch goes live. That is almost always a month prior to launch and I would guess they are going to try to tie the prepatch pre expansion thing with the movie release then give people a month or so to dick around leveling newbie demon hunters and playing with them prior to the expansion.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I would honestly pay real money for an in-depth explanation on whatexactlywent wrong with WoD. Not a lot of money, mind you, but a nice hour-long post mortem podcast or something.

Welp, doesn't matter anyway. I need exalted with The Lorewalkers not the Klaxxi.
Lorewalkers iseasy- takes you an hour or two tops.

Khane

Yea I did it in about an hour last night, and got the recipe about 2 hours later.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
What happened at launch? I didn't get into WoD until a month or two in. I can't remember why either.
7sI0FiL.jpg

I managed to go through with my monk and I was pretty much alone for the whole first evening of SMV questing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
FUCKING AUGUST?

Didn't they claim we had 14 months of SOO because they were focusing on the future as to not have another 14 months of one raid tier? What a fucking joke

Khane

FUCKING AUGUST?

Didn't they claim we had 14 months of SOO because they were focusing on the future as to not have another 14 months of one raid tier? What a fucking joke
Haven't they said the same thing every single expansion since TBC?

xzi

Mouthbreather
They've said the same thing but we didn't spend much more than 6ish months of the last tier raid really until MoP. Not 14.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What a clusterfuck. Surely to God the class halls are pre-existing meaning we don't have quest chokes on it getting set up.

That date works for me but I tapped out on HFC after I finished my ring. Be right after the Diablo season. I'm a little concerned about gold inflation. I have around 400-450k gold across my account. Some folks have 800k plus on each character. I hope I don't see 50-100k gold sinks for the order halls that are "mandatory."

Itzena_sl

shitlord
FUCKING AUGUST?

It's pretty clear that something wentverywrong during the development of WoD and Blizzard has basically given up on it. Anyone know if there's been any shuffling of high-up devs/managers in the last year or so?

Like I said a few posts back, an official post mortem would be interesting to see.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Clearly. I'm just hoping that half the team was working on Legion since WoD started being developed then instead of focusing on WoD because if this expansion doesn't deliver I think it's pretty safe to say the game is dead.