World of Warcraft: Current Year

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The alpha has been pretty good; I really dig a lot of the artifact quests. I haven't done too much else, and having to relearn all of my classes has been super annoying, BUT the new specs are fairly cool.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reading /r/wow everyone says how wod's launch was so good and the early questing was great. All I remember is every server turning to full because you couldn't play the damn thing due to the make a garrison bottleneck.

Still same bullshit with collectors editions "give the key to a friend!" yeah fuck me for wanting the most expensive box. I guess I can try to get my girlfriend playing but meh, it just feels like they aren't even trying any more

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clearly. I'm just hoping that half the team was working on Legion since WoD started being developed then instead of focusing on WoD because if this expansion doesn't deliver I think it's pretty safe to say the game is dead.
Now, now. Dead is a big word: even with just their blind loving following audience, they dwarf every other MMO out there. Even if it goes down to 2 millions, it's still an astounding amount of money.

What's sad and terrifying at the same time, is that they think they are doing a good job and it's scaring. WoD was a gargantuescan piece of shit, it provided at most 2 weeks of playing and if you were a poopsocker, you could cut that down to 1/3rd.
For what I was reading, most players were pissed by their idea of class fantasy for Legion, pruning some iconic spells from certain specs (I mean, take this for example: Frost Shock only for elemental shamans is 110% retarded) and while I can't follow all classes for all updates, I know some stuff has already been brough back to reality by some players feedback. There is a guy who wrote a 18k words essay on Blood tanking for fuck's sake, a guy that knows the difference between active tanking and licking the screen while playing, which was Blizzard design before they remade half the spec 2 weeks ago (coincidentally following that essay line of reasoning, which only made sense).

Their class design team must have been on acid or something to push out such a turd of a redesign. I'd like to point out one thing to the developers: I play 11 classes and I love them for what they are, not for what they think they should be, because they know fuck all about them, to the point I wonder if they even play their own game or if they could possibly understand why it was a great game at some point in history.

Quick rundown:
No more weapons, just one. If you don't like it, fuck you, this is how it works, so... fuck you.
Old talent trees coming back, except more boring (artifact trees).
Skill pruning, once more.
Where is my class? Legion edition. Learn again to play your class, except it's twice more shitty now.
Tanking is now a role an armless monkey with a brain disfunction can perform to 90% proficiency, just hammer down that keyboard with the forehead.
Healing is again based on: fucking out of mana. Except spirit is nowhere to be found, get a mana recovery trinket and pray your dps aren't retarded all the time, just some of the time (or let them die, whatever).

At least dungeons will be reusable, I'll have the priviledge to play World of Diablocraft paying a sub instead of playing it for free in D3, but it's a start, we can hope content won't be obsolete in 2 weeks this time.

I'm pessimist for Legion, I hope I'm wrong.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Legion Returns August 30
Legion will release on August 30, 2016!

Pre-ordering grants your Level 100 character boost immediately and eventual early access to the Demon Hunter class.
The digital deluxe edition gives you the Illidari Felstalker Mount, Nibbles Pet, Felstalker Mount in Heroes, SC2 Portraits, and Diablo III Wings & Helm transmog.
The collector's edition is available on Amazon for $89.99. Keep in mind you have to go through some extra steps to get the boost and Demon Hunter early access.
In theory I should have farmed up enough gold to have both my wife's account and my account paid through to the next expansion by then.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reading /r/wow everyone says how wod's launch was so good and the early questing was great. All I remember is every server turning to full because you couldn't play the damn thing due to the make a garrison bottleneck.

Still same bullshit with collectors editions "give the key to a friend!" yeah fuck me for wanting the most expensive box. I guess I can try to get my girlfriend playing but meh, it just feels like they aren't even trying any more
I actually had pretty decent wod intro got through the starting place okay and the initial area to do the pre garrison stuff was busy but not bad. The only real issues I had were the next day when the instance server for the garrisons started choking. Basically I just stopped going back to my garrison for a few days and bound to stormshield and just did my questing in the field. At the various outposts you could direct your followers to work on missions so having a few days without wanting to risk the garrison instance server flaking out was no big deal.

That said their plans this expansion with the way they are doing the level scaling should make the intro a lot smoother. if one zone is getting chunked up do one of the other zones first instead.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That said their plans this expansion with the way they are doing the level scaling should make the intro a lot smoother. if one zone is getting chunked up do one of the other zones first instead.
On large servers that'll prolly just translate to *every* zone getting fucked out the gates, with no ability to "outlevel" the fuckery.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Level scaling? So they are making the entire expansion scale to your level and not just certain quests here and there?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yes, all areas but one will scale with your level, or at least that is the plan. So you can quest anywhere you want.

Khane

Sounds like it might be the next "good mechanic gone wrong". Like phasing. Great in small batches (WoTLK), atrocious as a major mechanic (Cataclysm).

Might be good, but I can see it really screwing with people as they try to quest at level 102 while level 110 raid geared people are farming their quest mobs because everything scales.

Does the loot scale too?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like it might be the next "good mechanic gone wrong". Like phasing. Great in small batches (WoTLK), atrocious as a major mechanic (Cataclysm).

Might be good, but I can see it really screwing with people as they try to quest at level 102 while level 110 raid geared people are farming their quest mobs because everything scales.

Does the loot scale too?
It is personal loot so you get loot appropriate for your level. Furthermore, the 102 can just group with the 110. The bulk of leveling will be done before a significant portion of the player base is overgeared.

Khane

Well the 102 can just group with the 110 if neither of them are in a LFG queue. Yea it might be fine. Wait and see.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Realistically leveling 100-110 should be like 10% of your toon's life. So if they make the entire expansion level up to 110 with you that gives you a ton of zones to implement dailies and max level content instead of only a few zones out of 9 or so. It may make the 100-110 process a touch clunky but I think it will work out once you're 110.

Khane

Realistically leveling 100-110 should be like 10% of your toon's life. So if they make the entire expansion level up to 110 with you thatgives you a ton of zones to implement dailiesand max level content instead of only a few zones out of 9 or so. It may make the 100-110 process a touch clunky but I think it will work out once you're 110.
Oh god please no. You just made it sound 100x worse.

Tenks

With more zones you should theoretically get more varied content. But they'll probably just make it so you're collecting wolf asses in each zone and call it a day.

Tenks

Aren't they getting rid of a ton of clickies this expansion? Like I don't have to manage half a dozen 2m cooldowns? I just want to stand behind shit and backstab all day.

Khane

The clickies are indeed a tad ridiculous. Ashran has about 15 clickables alone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In the next expansion you'll be able to just give voice commands. "Tank C'thun" and your character performs the entire battle flawlessly.

On Mythic they make you hit death strike every time you need to.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
On large servers that'll prolly just translate to *every* zone getting fucked out the gates, with no ability to "outlevel" the fuckery.
This still has to be at least moderately better than everybody on a busy server starting in one or two zones all out of an the same basic instance server so if that one thing goes haywire it can cock block everybody. It probably will still be laggy but better likely hood of being playable.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Does the loot scale too?
Yes it does. Since they added the tech (I think during MoP? That's where warforged appeared, right?), every item can be ilvl-adjusted to whatever. That's how every timewalking dungeon drops items adjusted to your current level while downleveling you.

However, they've gone the reverse for Legion: the zone will adjust to your current level. And that's where they can screw you up majorly if you don't play exactly as they intend. Because, assume you level a bunch doing other things (like harvesting to feed your crafter alts). Then, when you've gained 6-7 levels, you decide to go to your "starting zone" to fight, except all the mobs now assume you're level 117 and geared in level 116 quest stuff. Which you didn't get, you're still in Baleful.

That's a balancing that's probably impossible, because if the game sees that you're low level in gear and adjust the mobs, then you simply equip low level gear to make the mobs easy, and if it assumes you have a level-appropriate ilvl, then you might be screwed if you don't have it, and left without a way of getting it since crafted stuff is not allowed to make your entire equipment. There's so many ways this upleveling can go wrong...