World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
Blizzard has no qualms with people selling in-game services for in-game currency. It is not something they actively encourage or police against. The only time it becomes an issue is when people do real life money transfers or any of the various bots or pilot programs/account sharing to get it done.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Okay, so two friends talked me into re-subbing and one of them shot me the RaF invite. I clicked on the email link and successfully added it to my account but when I go to my account page it shows two WoW accounts. One with WoD (My normal account) and one that prompts me to buy the starter edition.

I added game time but I'm assuming that I'm not eligible for the RaF stuff and I have to buy all that shit again to get it? Someone clue me in on this shit because their FAQ didn't help at all.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Okay, so two friends talked me into re-subbing and one of them shot me the RaF invite. I clicked on the email link and successfully added it to my account but when I go to my account page it shows two WoW accounts. One with WoD (My normal account) and one that prompts me to buy the starter edition.

I added game time but I'm assuming that I'm not eligible for the RaF stuff and I have to buy all that shit again to get it? Someone clue me in on this shit because their FAQ didn't help at all.
RAF is different from the old scroll of resurrection. RAF is for new accounts; you can't use it to re-enable your old account. Your friend will not receive a bonus unless you buy the game on the second account and add 2 months of game time to it. The two accounts are separate (save for the BoA stuff).

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Is any class at least giving their class changes a 5 out of 10? This xpac not a single damn class is happy or even at least meh. Straight up 100% FUCK THIS SUCKS.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
RAF is different from the old scroll of resurrection. RAF is for new accounts; you can't use it to re-enable your old account. Your friend will not receive a bonus unless you buy the game on the second account and add 2 months of game time to it. The two accounts are separate (save for the BoA stuff).
Good to know, thank you.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is any class at least giving their class changes a 5 out of 10? This xpac not a single damn class is happy or even at least meh. Straight up 100% FUCK THIS SUCKS.
HAHAH sorry but pretty much no matter how OP a class is most people on class forums pretty much will say their class is the worst ever and it can't do anything. I have tried a good majority of the classes/specs and most seem pretty good. I am really happy with enhance shaman/boomkin/resto shaman/guardian druid/prot warrior/arms warrior/outlaw rogue/demo warlock/fire mage.

There are a few that are in a bit of an odd spot beast mastery hunters I can understand some of the complaints about them although some of it you can mitigate with taking chimera shot to smooth out the rotation and some may simply be gearing issues. Of the classes that start a bit clunky some of that gets fixed once your haste back up to snuff.

I think the only one I did not really care for was the shadow priest and that was not because it did not work as a spec but that it worked very much like the old demo warlock which I did not care for.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Enhancement shamans are pretty happy overall. A few people with stockholm syndrome actually enjoy ground-targeted maintenance buffs, so are pissy about totems being gone, but fuck those people.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I'd say only 25-33% of all the spec revamps are actually crappy. If your main was one of those specs, just change to something else, there's plenty of fun ones to find. My personal favorites so far: Blood DK, Fury and Prot Warrior, Holy Pally, Marks Hunter, Outlaw Rogue, Disc Priest (I like the playstyle, not sure if they're up to snuff on numbers yet), Enhance Shammy, Arcane and Fire Mage, Boomkin and Cat Druid.

The argument that "I've invested hundreds of hours into my character, and now Blizzard made it shitty, now I can't enjoy this game at all" would make sense for old school MMO's, but not for WoW. Every expansion is a complete reset on practically all progression. Level another character, it doesn't take that long. Or use the damn free 100 boost on one. Or for fuck's sake, just switch spec on the class you already play and you'll have more fun than being stubborn and complaining about it. If everyone stops playing the shitty specs, they'll notice and hopefully try to fix it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enhancement shamans are pretty happy overall. A few people with stockholm syndrome actually enjoy ground-targeted maintenance buffs, so are pissy about totems being gone, but fuck those people.
I am so happy to see damn totems gone. They were so weirdly single use in WOD that they took up a lot of bar space and mostly never got utilized. I would rather for a mobile melee class that always had a ton of issues staying in range of them just axe all but some talent options is totally fine by me. Really the only big complaint about enhance right now is they are a bit squishier at the moment as they got rid of shamanistic range and gave them a different mitigation power.

That and self healing across the board seems lower than it used to be even for tanks so some of that mitigation complaint may just be intended at the moment although I can say in my playing around it did not seem bad and I could fight and kill and heal with no real down time. At the end of a fight if you have malestrom to burn you can flurry some instant heals and then saunter to the next victims.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shaman and druid are good. Warrior is better than WoD. Holy pala is good too.
They saved arms. WOD arms made me quit playing my warrior totally. I just finally made myself play arms again on beta just to try it even though WOD left such a bad taste in my mouth with that spec and it played great. Hits hard I can talent my overpower back very mobile. Again like enhance though its self heal is less than it was basically their main self heal is victory rush or second wind for out of combat healing. If you are getting a lot of killing blows and soloing stuff they work great but in dungeons if you are not getting the killing blows you can have some issues with self heals but in theory that is the healers job to take care of.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've heard they are still running a lot of the numbers and balancing is still to come but how is the healing working out? I'm more of the pure healer type but do more groups than raids honestly. I think I may actually pick this up after all.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've heard they are still running a lot of the numbers and balancing is still to come but how is the healing working out? I'm more of the pure healer type but do more groups than raids honestly. I think I may actually pick this up after all.
The number balance passes are going on now although I think they are in the ball park enough mostly although as always I expect at least one or two early class adjustment patches after the prerelease. I did not do a ton of pure healers but I did try resto druid and shaman and resto druid seemed pretty much along the lines of what they have been for a while and still one of the best. Resto shaman I actually had an easier time with than I did on live. On live I often have some mana issues although a lot of that is me not playing it that often so my rythm of what heals to use is probably not ideal. On the beta I could throw chain heals with wild abandon without any serious mana issues. Also for the removing totem comments resto shaman and elemental still make a lot of use out of totems but the ones they have are their good ones like healing tide/whirlpool/cloud burst and some of the other really nice utility ones.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard has no qualms with people selling in-game services for in-game currency. It is not something they actively encourage or police against. The only time it becomes an issue is when people do real life money transfers or any of the various bots or pilot programs/account sharing to get it done.
Yet they do so little that there are countless websites selling for cash X/Y/Z content. Hell there are fuckers who stream themselves running their website and people through gold challenges and shit. Blizzard really does about next to fuck all to discourage this stuff. On one hand people can do whatever they want with their money, if they want to buy gold/mounts/challenge modes/raids/ect.. I guess that is their right but goddamn does allowing it to be so open and rampant detract from the charm of an MMO at least for me.

I guess selling runs for in game currency has always existed but at what point did it become so wide spread that it became the defacto way to experience content in this game? I am still undecided on getting legion or not currently because while there are aspects of the game that are enjoyable with each passing patch it feels more like a single player game that just so happens to have other people playing the same single player experience.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess selling runs for in game currency has always existed but at what point did it become so wide spread that it became the defacto way to experience content in this game? I am still undecided on getting legion or not currently because while there are aspects of the game that are enjoyable with each passing patch it feels more like a single player game that just so happens to have other people playing the same single player experience.
It comes down to how each player plays the game. It's not the "Defacto" way to experience content nor is it a single player game that just happens to have others playing around you, unless you play it like that.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whelp it looks like PTR is listed as release candidate now everything looks good for prepatch landing next week.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After doing some research, might have to jump in this expansion. Looks like fury or arms can be fun again(though not sure on fury with 30% extra damage taken for pvp). Will be fun to at least do all the content, some lfr and pvp here and there. Not sure I would have time for actual raiding, especially if its anything like WoD and being a melee.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I am more than happy to see totems gone. I just hate how fucking simple it is to play now. All the thought and pre-planning and the quick-thinking is gone. Current enhancement actually keeps me engaged; it's challenging, and I can always keep improving on it. I also just hate builder/spender style systems and now I get to play a re-flavored warrior. Of course, everyone's flocking to it because it was doing absurd damage and they don't actually have to learn how to play it, now. Don't get me wrong, enh damage is probably in the best place I've ever seen it since I started maining it back in wrath, but the soul of it is just gone for me and there's nothing really out there to replace it. I tried playing some other specs I occasionally alted and my god...where the fuck did all the buttons go? Everything I've played is just boring as shit.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I usually tank for the guild and heal in every other occasions, be it pickups, LFR, dungeons, etc.
This time around I'm not going to tank if I can find some decent ones to group with, but will focus on healing and for my tests on the PTR and the beta readings I did, the main choice you have to do is based on what you like to provide to the group / raid. If you want lots of utilities and cooldowns, shaman and paladin offer the best ones, shaman seems slightly ahead because Spirit Link Totem is simply amazing (and you still have Bloodlust, which in 5 men is not always available). I like a lot the shaman mastery and I'm not too fond of the new paladin one, plus the shammy AE healing is more enjoyable to me, but paladin has a lot of instant casts now, which makes it a lot more mobile than it was in WoD.

Druid is the same as it was, except it has a new mastery that jojo'ed up and down during beta: the more hots a target has, the larger heals it receives, then it was capped at 3 hots, then fuck knows what they did. It went from great to meh, to decent and now I have no idea where it sits in the stat priority, what I know is that druid healing style is very similar to the past, plus it gets Tranquillity on a 2 minutes cooldown and castable while moving once unlocked on the artifact.

Discipline Priest has changed a lot, damage to heal and a more hybrid role is the idea, I honestly still have to try it, while Holy is similar to the past with very large heals on a 1 minute cooldown that can be significantly shortened through the use of other spells. I kinda liked Holy for the few dungeons I ran with it on the PTR, but maybe it could become a bit boring over time, not sure, it's just an impression.

Mistweaver monk is a totally different class from its previous incarnations. I loved it in MoP, considered it decent in WoD (didn't like stances) and I find it pretty boring in Legion.