World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
All these BOE greens from crates, do they need to be equipped to get their tmog or just hit the inventory? Not sure I care to ensure I have them all but figured I should know.
Yes they have to be bound to a character for you to unlock the wardrobe. So any bind on pick up stuff or soul bound stuff you have but BOE has to be bound to a character who can use that item to unlock the look. There was a lot of taking shit off and putting shit on last night.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah not sure I want to go through 700 crates of green boe's not like any of that gear is what I want to use for my transmog sets anyways, to the vendor it goes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly it is not to bad. Step one don't be me make sure you put all your main gear in the god damn bank first before starting.

Then its just a matter of equipping and removing shit if you don't look naked remove the green crap on you. Also about 80% of the stuff from crates seems to be weapons so reality is mostly just equipping random weapons is most of it and thats fast and pretty painless.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I see there is a tag on items you don't have the appearance for that made it not as tedious. I did 3 characters out of 9 so far.

I am not mailing them across characters though for the ones I can't equip.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see there is a tag on items you don't have the appearance for that made it not as tedious. I did 3 characters out of 9 so far.

I am not mailing them across characters though for the ones I can't equip.
Yup that is about how I did it. I only mailed a couple really neat purple looks I got to appropriate characters. Most of the other stuff I had so many dupes of it was not worth time mailing it back and forth.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think I asked before but I can't remember. Getting a bit closer to launch so figured I'd ask again.

What's the current rankings on tanks right now for legion?

I've mained a DK tank since they were first launched (yep, even during hyper OP double tank spec frost and blood, and occasionally unholy). Before that I main tanked as a warrior from the time Ragnaros came out. Those are the only two raid tanks I've played.

My initial feeling is to just stick with DK, it's all I know. How are they looking as tanks?

I also have a 100 Warrior, 80ish Paladin, 85 Monk that I'd consider if one of those is high ranking as well. There's something to be said for playing a new class because I have to admit the DK rotation is quite stale to me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I asked before but I can't remember. Getting a bit closer to launch so figured I'd ask again.

What's the current rankings on tanks right now for legion?

I've mained a DK tank since they were first launched (yep, even during hyper OP double tank spec frost and blood, and occasionally unholy). Before that I main tanked as a warrior from the time Ragnaros came out. Those are the only two raid tanks I've played.

My initial feeling is to just stick with DK, it's all I know. How are they looking as tanks?

I also have a 100 Warrior, 80ish Paladin, 85 Monk that I'd consider if one of those is high ranking as well. There's something to be said for playing a new class because I have to admit the DK rotation is quite stale to me.
I putzed around with blood tank and they seemed about as lol OP as always. Strong self healing good mitigation and damage seemed strong. Hard to tell without really doing dungeons but all the tanks that I tried which was everything but brewmaster seemed to be doing well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You lose/have reduced effectiveness OH SHIT buttons, but they did that to every tank. Your self-healing is still better than the other tanks. In Legion, Blizzard focused heavily on Tanks just being a meatbag that exists to hold threat while healers do the heavy lifting, so don't expect to be pulling off clutch active-mitigation saves often.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
How I felt preparing for Legion PvP then realizing PvE gear is far superior for world pvp

tumblr_njy4arM6321qedb29o1_500.gif

Just been walking around smh'ing since. Mythical pve gear is better for everything, fucking great.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My main is a BM hunter and there was a lot of doom and gloom about it, but after having logged on I don't think it's quite so bad. Still have to do some testing and run a dungeon/LFR but I'm not as pessimistic as I was. The Transmog stuff is great, but I see some mods will be needed to flesh it out. One thing I was hoping for, but was not implemented was being able to, say, search for "Stockades" and seeing all the stuff that drops from there to see if I have it unlocked or not. That would be super useful. Bet mods will do it though.

One question, I've logged into all my characters, but I did notice on my main that the item tally counts up slowly in the achievement bar, as if it goes through a long list that takes a few minutes to complete. Is this true only the first time you long on with any one of your characters, or do you need to be logged on for a few minutes forallof them just to make sure?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I only had time to set up some basic weakauras for outlaw by raid time and if making the most out of Roll the Bones RNG wasn't so retarded I'd call it an improvement over combat and it's equally stupid Bandit's Guile. I was only re-rolling if my only buff was the shitty 40% haste/20% leech. Lack of shadowstep sucks though. Grapple is slow and the only reason to play outlaw is for blade flurry so you may as well spec into the 3' extra melee range instead.

Will fuck with the other two when I get home.

Oh, the worst part was the default nameplates. Which are actually new and improved, but still bad.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My main is a BM hunter and there was a lot of doom and gloom about it, but after having logged on I don't think it's quite so bad. Still have to do some testing and run a dungeon/LFR but I'm not as pessimistic as I was. The Transmog stuff is great, but I see some mods will be needed to flesh it out. One thing I was hoping for, but was not implemented was being able to, say, search for "Stockades" and seeing all the stuff that drops from there to see if I have it unlocked or not. That would be super useful. Bet mods will do it though.

One question, I've logged into all my characters, but I did notice on my main that the item tally counts up slowly in the achievement bar, as if it goes through a long list that takes a few minutes to complete. Is this true only the first time you long on with any one of your characters, or do you need to be logged on for a few minutes forallof them just to make sure?
I think it just keeps tallying once you are logged on it sees your character they just throttled how fast the achivement stuff is calculated in order to stop their servers from shitting themselvs as people opened thousands of boxes of crap.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I only had time to set up some basic weakauras for outlaw by raid time and if making the most out of Roll the Bones RNG wasn't so retarded I'd call it an improvement over combat and it's equally stupid Bandit's Guile. I was only re-rolling if my only buff was the shitty 40% haste/20% leech. Lack of shadowstep sucks though. Grapple is slow and the only reason to play outlaw is for blade flurry so you may as well spec into the 3' extra melee range instead.

Will fuck with the other two when I get home.

Oh, the worst part was the default nameplates. Which are actually new and improved, but still bad.
Blizzard needs to just steal some of the mod community work rather than try and copy it and make it their own.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And fuck only being able to change talents in a rest zone. Hooray, stuck using the most generic setup at all times?

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
so is there a decent way to make money now that garrison's are nerfed? I'd like to earn a token before the xpac so my sub time is covered...running cata dungeons I guess?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blizzard needs to just steal some of the mod community work rather than try and copy it and make it their own.
You will take your 40% haste 20% leach an you will like it! No seriously it used to be when you rolled bad and only got one buff all you got was a self regen with no DPS boost at all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
what kind of drugs do you all recommend for raising herbalism

I will say that Mark of Honor being account bound is nice but removing WoD rings/neck/trinkets was WTF seriously levels of berg out for me

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
so is there a decent way to make money now that garrison's are nerfed? I'd like to earn a token before the xpac so my sub time is covered...running cata dungeons I guess?
Legacy raids. I think they nerfed their gold output a bit but cash and merchandise from those it probably is one of the more lucrative ways to go. If you can stand draenor dungeons and have a tank spec now is a great time to get used to your spec again and if the role needed thing is active its worth about 500 gold a run just from the bag.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And fuck only being able to change talents in a rest zone. Hooray, stuck using the most generic setup at all times?
You have to have the little consumable from scribes that gives you a minute to change talents if you are not in a rest zone.