World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
How does the artifact weapon work? Looks like AA and pretty much the only thing I have ever wanted out of wow was AA. Can I grind it out or is it tied to some form of daily quests / weekly caps?

It's basically AA. You get artifact power from doing pretty much anything at 110: world quests, pvp, trades, 5mans, raiding, etc. Also you research a thing in your class hall that multiplies the AP you get from every source (permanently) every few days.

Best advice I can give is don't worry about it too much and don't try too much to grind out AP at the start. I'd just focus on completing all the content because with the research mechanic you'll be getting double or triple the base AP in a few weeks. Get 13-14 traits in your primary artifact and then start throwing AP into your offspecs until the AP research really starts to kick in.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The new exploit with exp is to just do phase 1 and 2 and then log off and log back in and do phase 1 and 2 again. Works best with a place with an inn for instant log out. Expect that to get nerfed soon.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The new exploit with exp is to just do phase 1 and 2 and then log off and log back in and do phase 1 and 2 again. Works best with a place with an inn for instant log out. Expect that to get nerfed soon.
Shit's legit with Crossroads invasion!

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure they nerfed EXP gains from tagging and shit... again.

Still getting massive gains in Westfall as alliance. However, I did notice that when I do an invasion in Hillsbrad in the horde camp, I get noticably less XP. Maybe it has something to do with opposite faction NPCs damaging the mob?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is not nerfed yet. Just got 5 levels in about 20 minutes from 47-53. Not sure how long this will last but Dunboro will be the sweet spot for alliance given proximity to everything and insta-logging in and out.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For me, it seemed, that Hillsbrad was giving about 60-70% the xp in phase 1 and 2 as Xroads twas. Phase 3 and 4, seemed about the same.

Spots just changed, going to finish Westfall and Tanaris, then head back to chain run phase 1 &2 in xroads.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They might have nerfed the XP rewards for completing stages. This only applies if you are redoing them. I know chests were not rerewarded but now I have noticed I stopped getting XP for completion of stages.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
At least for me, I haven't got XP for repeating stages for quite some time, even since before the initial nerfs. I don't see why repeating stage 1-2 instead of 1-3 would be better though. the 6 or so bosses netting the huge exp bumps seems to be ideal in p3.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Phase 3 needs 280 flying+ to be able to keep up with the group, currently leveling toons on a server that I have 0 gold on....

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I did it ok with normal flying on my recent alt. usually was able to get there about the same time as everyone else. Maybe missed 1 or 2 if the group was exceptionally quick. Definitely a lot nicer at 70 when the 280 flying is available though. I'd say before any flying at all, that stage 1 and 2 might be ideal since some zone geography is just ass on a ground mount in the zones controlled by your factions, or you have the pvp zones where a level 100 just hits a random aoe like barrage and drops anyone under level 90 or so.

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This morning I rocked out the last 3 levels on the 'lock for stages 1 + 2 in the crossroads in about 45 or so minutes. 3.5 sets of 2 per level.

Crone

This morning I rocked out the last 3 levels on the 'lock for stages 1 + 2 in the crossroads in about 45 or so minutes. 3.5 sets of 2 per level.
It's for sure still working. Making about 2M exp/hour in Crossroads right now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some basic rules:

1. Tag everything and hopefully do not get agro. This makes it easier to run to other locations.

2. Do not die. You will not get XP for anything tagged if you do and do not retag. Also, the timer is irritating when you have to wait 20-30 seconds to revive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Some basic rules:

1. Tag everything and hopefully do not get agro. This makes it easier to run to other locations.

2. Do not die. You will not get XP for anything tagged if you do and do not retag. Also, the timer is irritating when you have to wait 20-30 seconds to revive.
3. Pray for Azshara or Crossroads invasions for easy logging out/in. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So for just about ever I have played Fury, but after just recently coming back after a year hiatus I am not really loving the way it currently plays. Just seems bland.

Any recommendations on what melee specs are a blast to play? DK any good?

What about Mages?