World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm sure that the pre event is really just a stress test for the new scaling system and the Open world content, but it is pretty nice now.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya either invasions or PVP for loot would be the quickest. But the heirloom trinkets from mythics are still great since they work till 110.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They are breaking the unit position api for add ons in 7.1.

Raid Addon Utility and Changes
  • Addons that do things like tracking boss timers and better visibility on who is being targeted by what are fine, it is all informational.
  • Some of the things that addons do that interact with the 3D world such as radars or sending people to specific spots on Mythic Kormrok and Kromog are not great.
  • You could have much more scripted movement with the current state of addons, micromanaging your raid's movement and telling players exactly where to move in the 3D world.
  • In Patch 7.1, addons will not be able to access unit position in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.
  • The team wanted to get this in Patch 7.0.3, but they didn't want to break some mods that are harmless in the outdoor world, such as the ones that help with gathering or collecting treasures.
  • Anything that projects an arrow on your screen that interacts with the 3D world or giving you your position relative to others will be broken.
  • The team didn't want to announce this until they were sure it was doable, but that work has now been done internally.

I really hope these fuckers tune this shit properly or your average Heroic guild and all of pugs are going to get wrecked.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's still a pain until you get flying in order to reach all the bosses quickly.

Really? I don't understand people playing the beta so much that they get bored with the expansion before it's even released.

I've been invited very late, maybe a month ago. I tried a few artifact quests, checked out the first 3 or 4 quests per zone and with one class I reached 101 and the class order hall mission table, where I did a few missions.
I didn't want to spoil the fun, so I resisted the urge to do everything and being bored later on.
I'm at a point where I don't even know if I'll play a main or just say fuck it and play 4 or 5 characters, after all I'm not here for mythic raids, that shit is the antithesis of fun for me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They are breaking the unit position api for add ons in 7.1.

Raid Addon Utility and Changes
  • Addons that do things like tracking boss timers and better visibility on who is being targeted by what are fine, it is all informational.
  • Some of the things that addons do that interact with the 3D world such as radars or sending people to specific spots on Mythic Kormrok and Kromog are not great.
  • You could have much more scripted movement with the current state of addons, micromanaging your raid's movement and telling players exactly where to move in the 3D world.
  • In Patch 7.1, addons will not be able to access unit position in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.
  • The team wanted to get this in Patch 7.0.3, but they didn't want to break some mods that are harmless in the outdoor world, such as the ones that help with gathering or collecting treasures.
  • Anything that projects an arrow on your screen that interacts with the 3D world or giving you your position relative to others will be broken.
  • The team didn't want to announce this until they were sure it was doable, but that work has now been done internally.

I really hope these fuckers tune this shit properly or your average Heroic guild and all of pugs are going to get wrecked.

While I can agree addon's these days can give to big an advantage it's a little late to start revamping their entire fucking game.. It almost feels as if they wanna see if they can run away the other 5mil people from the game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
While I can agree addon's these days can give to big an advantage it's a little late to start revamping their entire fucking game.. It almost feels as if they wanna see if they can run away the other 5mil people from the game.

Eh, everyone got over decursive.

Frankly I don't care as long as they knew about it 3 years ago when they started working on this.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It really depends on how they make the encounters. You can't expect the average raider to know what 7 yards is. Could you imagine the average raider dealing with a 25 man plus raid on Heroic Archie with Shadowfel burst?

So they are increasing the difficulty by making the players information limited by reducing camera zoom out and information like distance. This could be a huge cluster fuck. They should just fucking look at the statistics on who is completing what and how soon. The WoW is easy shit has always been nonsense and the statistics prove it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think their raid game is in a really good spot right now aside from a select few mechanics, but I have to assume with the camera and the addon change they are developing around it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isn't that the point though? The "average" raider shouldn't be doing heroic Archie. The average raider should be in lfr.

you also have to take into account that most people feel like they can't succeed without DBM, except most of the stuff that DBM does is stock ui now.

If they learn that an encounter is undoable without a mod, their approach should be to change the encounter. Palm said it, but decursive is a perfect example.

Rime

<Donor>
Eh. The only thing that I use DBM for is timers and the range-distance finder. Are those built into the base UI now?

If they disable DBM, I am sure someone will come up with a WeakAuras or something to fill the gap. If Blizzard does away with all of that and still expects 20 people to stand exactly 8 yards apart in a room that is exactly 160 yards around, then it is going to be a total shitshow.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

Somewhat hilarious that a developer in the interview with FatBoss the other day acted incredulous over the idea that you couldn't bring too many melee to a raid...

...and then they go and make a change like this.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Isn't that the point though? The "average" raider shouldn't be doing heroic Archie. The average raider should be in lfr.

you also have to take into account that most people feel like they can't succeed without DBM, except most of the stuff that DBM does is stock ui now.

If they learn that an encounter is undoable without a mod, their approach should be to change the encounter. Palm said it, but decursive is a perfect example.

I personally consider the average raider someone who has some success in Heroics. I don't consider LFR raiding but more of a story mode. This is more something that will really hurt that Heroic raider if not tuned properly, forgive me if I have little faith in that. When doing Mythic progression we don't even use DBM but Weak Auras and some custom mods.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I considered myself an average raider in HFC and I pugged 100% of it.

Some players are really fucking bad but even mouthbreathers can make it pretty far in normal HFC. LFR is convenient for alts and people that don't have time to actually put in effort imo.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure the devs recently said that Normal is intended for Family/Friends, Heroic for Guild/Group, Mythic for Serious/Hardcore Raiders.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
How does the artifact weapon work? Looks like AA and pretty much the only thing I have ever wanted out of wow was AA. Can I grind it out or is it tied to some form of daily quests / weekly caps?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
How does the artifact weapon work? Looks like AA and pretty much the only thing I have ever wanted out of wow was AA. Can I grind it out or is it tied to some form of daily quests / weekly caps?

There's no caps AFAIK, but you do get Artifact Power mostly from capped events (dungeons, daily quests, etc). I've heard you can also get Artifact Power from things like LFG role satchel bonuses.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's no caps AFAIK, but you do get them mostly from capped events (dungeons, daily quests, etc). I've heard you can also get Artifact Power from things like LFG role satchel bonuses.

Thanks. Also gross.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did 87 to 100 on mage today, from about noon until 10pm invasion. Just tapping as much as I could.