World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I read a post somewhere about how some gloves from the pre-Legion quests were amazing. I had vendored them so I used the item restore to get them back and copied over to beta.

TL;DR: Get dem gloves, use the item restore service if you vendored them.
Gloves of the Arcane Purge
Handguards of Demonsbane
Grips of the Fel Destroyer
Gauntlets of Legion Devastation

Luckily for me these gloves were better than what I was already wearing on my mage when I finished the quest line yesterday. Wasn't sure I even noticed them so logged in to check after reading your post and I actually had them equipped. Score.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This scaling tech blows my simpleton mind. How does it work? For example, during these invasions how on earth can a level 10 and a level 100 fight the same mob and have it be appropriately challenging for both of us? Does everything work on hidden percentages now or something? I'm really curious about the mechanics behind how it works.

peeew.gif

Yeah, it's really fucking magic. You can watch the bosses total health jump around as more people tag it, but the percentage stays relatively close. Meanwhile I can fire off a lava burst from my shit-heel lvl 60 ele shaman for 2k and watch a CHUNK of health pop off the boss and then suddenly the level 100 hits it for 2,000,000 and the health bar barely moves. It's got to be based on percentages of what should be "normal" for the players projected level.

But big kudos to whoever came up with the system, it's really fucking slick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Yeah, it's really fucking magic. You can watch the bosses total health jump around as more people tag it, but the percentage stays relatively close. Meanwhile I can fire off a lava burst from my shit-heel lvl 60 ele shaman for 2k and watch a CHUNK of health pop off the boss and then suddenly the level 100 hits it for 2,000,000 and the health bar barely moves. It's got to be based on percentages of what should be "normal" for the players projected level.

But big kudos to whoever came up with the system, it's really fucking slick.

I'd wager it's not nearly as complex as you guys think. Basically their timewalking system except without the UI showing what's going on. Everyone is the same level on the back end and the boss is taking comparable damage based to how everyone was scaled up or down, but the UI just outputs numbers you'd normally see at your specific level on the UI.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd wager it's not nearly as complex as you guys think. Basically their timewalking system except without the UI showing what's going on. Everyone is the same level on the back end and the boss is taking comparable damage based to how everyone was scaled up or down, but the UI just outputs numbers you'd normally see at your specific level on the UI.

I am guessing it is something like that and in practice it seems to be working really pretty nicely on even HUGE level range differences. When I can go in with a level 10 and kill stuff and feel like I am doing actual good damage standing shoulder to shoulder with a level 100 who feels the same that is pretty damn on the money. I have little doubt they wind up making more heavy use of this tech going forward maybe with just something like a mentoring system because it would make the ability to group with new friends who just start SO much nicer.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Definitely feels like the lower the level you are the more "dps" you do compared to a lvl 100. They implemented it pretty damn well though. I like it~

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's not that it's complex, it's that it's seamless.

The only hitch is healing higher levels as a lower level, but c'est la vie.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yes, but healing lower levels... I feel like a god standing in a rain or whatever aoe druids do (is it still a mushroom?)

Khane

I specced my mage as fire yesterday and did the broken isles questline and thought "Yea I like the way this plays, I'll play my mage in Legion"

Then today I specced my druid as guardian and did the questline and now I can't decide if I want to play druid or mage. I'm gonna do the questline with my warrior next and I'm assuming I'm going to be saying the same damn thing.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I specced my mage as fire yesterday and did the broken isles questline and thought "Yea I like the way this plays, I'll play my mage in Legion"

Then today I specced my druid as guardian and did the questline and now I can't decide if I want to play druid or mage. I'm gonna do the questline with my warrior next and I'm assuming I'm going to be saying the same damn thing.
You are not alone with these same problems, and I guess that's a good thing. They designed the classes well enough and balanced enough that there isn't an obvious choice anymore.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I tried switching classes but I am too attached to my rep gains. No idea why. OCD sucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have been trying all morning to PvP for a couple marks of honor to get a shield on my Paladin. Holy shit this stuff is aids. Sarcastic question, but how the fuck do people enjoy this bullshit? Pre-made teams is the only way this could ever be fun, because of how stupid people are. Got into multiple 45 minute long AV matches, or Isle of Conquest, and all losses, so no marks. It's totally bull shit.

So fucking triggered, as all I want to do is get a shield, and be done, and I don't feel like slogging through Tanaan bullshit to get some 650 one. Fuck! RUSTLED

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's pretty shitty most often, i only enjoy shitting on nerds 1v1 that you can catch trying to rotate positions on isle of gilneas and other rotational maps

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Have been trying all morning to PvP for a couple marks of honor to get a shield on my Paladin. Holy shit this stuff is aids. Sarcastic question, but how the fuck do people enjoy this bullshit? Pre-made teams is the only way this could ever be fun, because of how stupid people are. Got into multiple 45 minute long AV matches, or Isle of Conquest, and all losses, so no marks. It's totally bull shit.

So fucking triggered, as all I want to do is get a shield, and be done, and I don't feel like slogging through Tanaan bullshit to get some 650 one. Fuck! RUSTLED

Marks are account bound. Do the pvp on whatever class you want and mail them to your paladin

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only do PVP to farm kills or have fun. I stopped caring about winning years ago. Otherwise you will just go crazy.

And I love the current AV. No more PVE race, it actually turns into big pvp around objectives. Before it was "Avoid as much pvp as possible and just rush the boss", which was horrid and not a BG at all.

If you don't want long BGs, just exclude Isle and AV. You can do up to 2 of them.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
You are not alone with these same problems, and I guess that's a good thing. They designed the classes well enough and balanced enough that there isn't an obvious choice anymore.

In many regards it sucks. I use to really identify with a class but that just isn't the case any more. Since the game has been out for so long I understand what I am giving up by going with X class over Y. For example, I want to play a class that only has DPS specs but I don't want to end up in the DPS queue hell.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Can anyone confirm the minimum profession skill levels you need for World quests? Is it 300 primary, and 100 for everything else (gathering, fishing, cooking, etc)?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
P.s.: I have all those gloves, they were 685 for me.

Yeah something's fucky with the hotfix on them. They were 700 on beta and 685 on live for me before I went to bed last night. I checked this morning and they're showing as 685 on beta, on live I got a red "Retrieving item information" tooltip when mousing over them, about a minute later the tooltip finally loads and shows them as 700.

Wowhead comments are saying that they display as 685 but actually give the stats of a 700 item. No idea, but the proc is baller.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I tried switching classes but I am too attached to my rep gains. No idea why. OCD sucks.

A million times this! I've got over 70 reps at exalted, and almost all the green bars are full on my main Alliance warrior on Sen'jin. I can't enjoy any other characters now because the green bars are all empty.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, but healing lower levels... I feel like a god standing in a rain or whatever aoe druids do (is it still a mushroom?)

Even lower level heals like my paladins quick heal seems more potent when the scaling stuff is going on. Still for that kind of content if it makes a newer player feel powerful I say why not. You arn't wacking bunnies you are fighting the toes of giant 50 foot tall demons and murdering them. Thats a pretty solid new player experience.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can anyone confirm the minimum profession skill levels you need for World quests? Is it 300 primary, and 100 for everything else (gathering, fishing, cooking, etc)?

Wait, what? Everything I've seen so far said don't bother levelling profs for Legion, that you can just do them from level 1. That doesn't include the world quests?