World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In terms of what? Gear?

Everything I have read and heard, say they are great for AP. The gear rewards scale with your ilvl(so higher you are the higher the rewards). Also iirc, there are a few each day that reward a box/chest from each zone's faction, where you can get the legendaries from.

As for crafting, extra source of bloods of sargeras, also they give the odd very rare resources(feltwort, brimstone etc) like once every 3 days(and I think its pretty much only way to get those materials).
Yes, my statement was in the context of profession world quests as we were discussing the lack of hard evidence of a required skill level to receive them...

joz123

Potato del Grande
Heroic dungeons are the best way to farm AP really. You can get lucky and get a few high value AP world quests but it is random what quests you get and sometimes you get few or 0 AP quests.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
World quests in general are going to be good for raid prep/suplement in the first 3 months. I think the items will go up to 850, and you can also get relics for your off-spec weapons, which was nice on beta. The mega-world quest daily (requires 4 world quests tied to a faction) will give you a box with random shit in it, including a chance at a legendary, and 500 rep with that faction. These dailies can stack up to 3, so, at least every 3 days, you should do 12 dailies, which are fairly fast.

World quests are also the only way to get the new garrison (class hall) resources at 110, that I found. You will need truck loads of them to max out the class hall and enable the use of 2 legendaries at a time.

For trade skills:
Gathering profs are easy to get to 100 getting legion mats, that you need to gather anyway. The skill 100 cap only applies to the world quests, and you should be able to bang out that skill in a couple hours. The world quest is the only place, currently, where you can get the green gathering mats (such as Felwort - Item - World of Warcraft).

Production professions should be likewise, easy to get to 300, granted you have the mats. Each combine will give 3 to 5 skill points, and there is no reroll token, like in WoD. So you will need to keep making items to get the optimal stats. You need a plethora of trade skill items, just to eat at the forge, to eventually make the upgrade tokens. Those tokens take the item from 815, to 850, 5 ilev at a time. World quests can give rank 2 recipes. I didn't see much else, as rank 1 seems to be tied to quests, and rank 3 look like they are on faction vendors.

Some items do require skill 800, like a few gems and the alchemy caldron. I have not found many needing 800, but you will need to look at the wowhead guides, as the in game interface doesn't seem to list skill needed. If you dont think you are going to make a bunch of legion items, before you need the skill level 800 stuff, then by all means, use WoD to level up. You can gather your own mats in the garrison, fairly easily.

Here is how the Obliterum works:
(I cant get the wowhead links to give a pop up window and link properly, so this will look a little messy)

There is a quest (Fire! - Quest - World of Warcraft) you get at 110, that leads to 7 more quests that will eventually unlock the Obliterum forge. Note: Trial By Fel Fire - Quest - World of Warcraft requires 1 bracer from blacksmithing, 1 from tailoring and 2 from leatherworking.

Each crafted item gives a set amount of Obliterum Ash - Item - World of Warcraft.
-Legs give the greatest return on invested mats at 20 Obliterum Ash.
-You need 100 Obliterum Ash to turn it into Obliterum - Item - World of Warcraft.

You need 7 Obliterum to make an item 850 ilevel.

So, 1 item to ilevel 850 needs 35 legs, and making 35 legs gives 175 skill points.

Edit: Forgot some smaller combines (like bracers) give less skill points

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The mega-world quest daily (requires 4 world quests tied to a faction) will give you a box with random shit in it, including a chance at a legendary, and 500 rep with that faction. These dailies can stack up to 3, so, at least every 3 days, you should do 12 dailies, which are fairly fast.

These are the emissary quests. You get one per day which is "complete 4 world quests in this zone", once you do that you get a rep bump and the loot chest. They stack up to 3 so if you don't login every day you can still do them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Did they carry over the rule of not being able to wear more than 3 crafted pieces at a time?

Burns

In beta, the raids are open, and you can still only make up to ilev 850, if it stays the same on live, trade skill gear will not be competing with normal & heroic raid gear or mythic+, like in WoD. Due to that, I guess they felt they didnt need to make it limited with how much you can wear. It means that tradeskills may be poor for the raider, but you can use it to catch up alts a little easier.

Argarth

On the verandah
I specced my mage as fire yesterday and did the broken isles questline and thought "Yea I like the way this plays, I'll play my mage in Legion"

Then today I specced my druid as guardian and did the questline and now I can't decide if I want to play druid or mage. I'm gonna do the questline with my warrior next and I'm assuming I'm going to be saying the same damn thing.

You are not alone with these same problems, and I guess that's a good thing. They designed the classes well enough and balanced enough that there isn't an obvious choice anymore.

In exactly the same boat. Watched Preach's video review of the Beta Arms warrior and thought "eh, might as well take it for a spin, certain I'll still hate it just like I have every expansion since I can't remember when". So I dusted off my 100 Warrior, specced into Arms, did the Broken Isles and jumped into some invasions, and fuck me if I'm not having a blast with it! Didn't think it was possible to ever remotely enjoy Arms, but now I'm stuck with 5 classes that I really want to play in Legion.

Hope I don't turn into a Cheeto-chuffing shut-in... jeezus I'm too old to get seriously addicted to WoW again. Damn you Blizzard, and kudos!!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think overall (so considering all specs) my tops right now are Monk Mage DK, the OKs are Dru DH Sham Priest and the shitters are Pal Lock Rogue Hunter War (not a fan of arms or IP and fury got fixed into meh).

The funny thing is while a lot of the talent trees are still shit in a can, overall a lot of specs feel "fresh" now but a few classes seem old and musty overall.

Disappointing specs imo:
Entire Rogue class
Entire Pal class
Entire Hunter class
Affli
Destro
Feral
Venge
Disc (no dual target mechanic like WAR makes this just shit to play sometimes)
Arms
Prot (not huge fan of dropping shield stuff for IP focus)

The rest are pretty awesome even if I don't care for them.

Burns

ln9jF5K.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well he's(rhonin) dead now. So unless you go back in time(aka to the Northrend Dalaran) after Tuesday, shouldn't have to hear that speech anymore. Thank god.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
God I hope they add a Toy that activates that speech in new Dalaran. [Historic Speech Recorder] that shit!

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I miss how loud Mini XT was when they first sold it. Could hear him across entire zones

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
That is the reason I turned voiceover sounds completely off when fishing in the sewers. It's like every 3 minutes, I didn't even know there's that many people with alts running Ulduar but I'm a god damn fool

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is the reason I turned voiceover sounds completely off when fishing in the sewers. It's like every 3 minutes, I didn't even know there's that many people with alts running Ulduar but I'm a god damn fool

Mims head bro. Why they pick up the quest EVERY time? Who knows.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I did say that one of the quests required fishing skill.

Wowhead implied it doesn't matter what your skill is, the drop rate on that quest is just balls overall. I gained like 200 fishing points just doing that quest. Skipping it from now on!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question if anyone knows. As a DK I know you can still use runes on your Artifact. After you get the artifact do you get to put a rune on it right after or is that something you should be using death gate to do it asap?