World of Warcraft: Current Year

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Heading into Legion with Pally, DK, Warrior, Shaman and DH at 100 and a spare 100 boost if I decide I want to boost up a horde something.

Going to be maining the pally as mostly heals/some DPS, I am pretty stoked. I don't think I have been this excited about a launch since SWTOR dropped (I know, that was pretty disappointing in the beginning but the hype was real).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Beware Prot pally, that spec can be played while wearing pants on your head while you jerk off and eat a sandwich. Boring as fuck and you can't fail.

Also I've heard on the high end guilds that Prot warrior is insane and a must have.....especially because of how insane ignore pain is.
Ignore pain is godly. Love it, love it love it. It mitigates physical and magic damage and you can stack it. Prot warriors are pretty sick especially if timed correctly you can almost have 100% uptime of ignore pain. They have awesome mobility and lots of mitigation. Guardian tanks are probably the best tank imo for this expansion. Granted they took a huge mastery nerf which caused them to lose a lot of health and dps. The dps nerf is a confirmed bug and can probably cause some threat issue but they are looking into fixing the attack power bug. Prot pallies are good but very simple to play and it's really hard to fuck up playing one. I would suggest anyone new to tanking to choose a pally first. You can't go wrong with any of the three tanks. I'll be leveling my guardian/feral Druid and then my prot war/fury or arms (still deciding on secondary) later.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm prepared for launch. Twelve classes at 100, questlogs cleared out, inventories cleared out a bit (still need to free space on my main and clear out his bank), now all I do is sit in invasion zones on the current lowest ilvl alt and wait for chests to get that .1% dps increase for launch questing.

I hope their servers hold up. Oh and I hope it's not queue city like in WoD where I had to log in at home before leaving for work if I wanted to play after work.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tonight at midnight it launches in EU, 9 hours and a half from now. I still haven't picked a class to start with. Damn, it's hard to play a single class, I admire those that can manage to focus. On the other hand, changing is nice. I'll probably play druid, 3 good specs out of 4 are a good starting point, the 4th is also good, but I never really liked it (Balance). There is the Mistweaver calling to me, with Windwalker being also a very good spec... Shaman restoration is a great healer and enhancement a very fun and effective offspec, but priest has a good shadow spec with that level 100 Talent that is good and crazy at the same time (Surrender to Madness) and Discipline which once mastered could be an extremely desired healer.

ARGH!

I've got to stop... I'll play Druid (for now :D ).

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I'll be going in with the destro lock, always been my main (though affliction and demonolgy at times), no reason to change that (and all them green rep bars).

After I've had my share of fun with him, I'll surely move towards the tanks. Those are really fun to me.

I'm so excited.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The hype level is real.

I don't think I've seen any article, or anyone saying negative things about Legion, everyone seems very excited. I guess coming off what might be the worse expansion helps.

I don't think I've been this hyped about a WoW expansion since WotLK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm very prepared. Got all my stat food and pots ready. Bags emptied out and enchants bought. Purchased a grand expedition yak cause I have a shitload of gold and nothing to spend it on. Planned out how I will be doing each zone in what order and mapped out my artifact progression. The hype is very real. This reminds me of TBC/WOTLK.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lot's of good information in this thread.

So I missed the entire WoD expansion and from what I've been reading over the year(s), sort of glad I did. So a few questions:

1. Is it even worth my time to get Draenor flying? They should allow you to buy it with gold at this point.
2. Garrisons. What the fuck is the point now? I boosted my druid to 100 and went into it for the first time and looks like a bunch of shit is at Tier 2.
3. Usually played tanks in the past, but want to try healer. Would you prefer a monk or druid in your party? I honestly like aspects of each class so it's a tough call.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lot's of good information in this thread.

So I missed the entire WoD expansion and from what I've been reading over the year(s), sort of glad I did. So a few questions:

1. Is it even worth my time to get Draenor flying? They should allow you to buy it with gold at this point.
2. Garrisons. What the fuck is the point now? I boosted my druid to 100 and went into it for the first time and looks like a bunch of shit is at Tier 2.
3. Usually played tanks in the past, but want to try healer. Would you prefer a monk or druid in your party? I honestly like aspects of each class so it's a tough call.

Forget anything about Draenor, it's in the past and completely irrelevant. This includes garrisons.

Restodruid and Mistweaver are both great healers, with druid requiring a little bit of setup with multiple hots rolling and monk being more direct and having very good healing spells (you'll love Vivify). Druids have it slightly worse with mana, because monks can work their asses off to gain a bunch back, but the difference is not astounding.
Druids have the best tank cooldown in game (because it can be used more often) and a good group/raid heal which is Tranquillity. One of the artifact golden traits allows to cast it on the move and boosts it by 20%, but it's still channeled. Monks Revival is still extremely powerful, because it's an instant healing bomb (with a dispel included) and a golden trait adds a 30% HoT to it.
Both classes can cast for zero mana cost for 10 seconds, but the monk must talent into it and the druid could theoretically cast it on someone else.
Mobility: monks win, Roll/Chi Torpedo is just the best, but druids can talent Displacer Beast which is a Blink type skill (but it puts you in cat form, so you have to shift out of it) and can talent Feral Affinity for a permanent 15% movement speed boost.
DPSing while healing: monk can use Crackling Jade Lightning (channeled) or go melee, which does more damage, allows to do AoE dps, while druids use essentially Moonfire, Sunfire and Wrath, or they can talent into Balance or Feral Affinities for extra skills.
Artifact power active skill: the Monk one can push astoundingly big single target heals if the fight is long enough (really big), the druid one shines when a lot of people have hots, the more the merrier, so it's extremely good in raids, but good also in groups.

If you are planning to do a ton of Mythic dungeons, Druid is maybe a bit better for the tank cooldown, which can be used much more often.

I like both, I'll certainly play both sooner or later.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol at anyone that thinks they will be playing tonight at midnight when the game launches.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The hype level is real.

I don't think I've seen any article, or anyone saying negative things about Legion, everyone seems very excited. I guess coming off what might be the worse expansion helps.

I don't think I've been this hyped about a WoW expansion since WotLK.

Something something ethics in journalism...

Overall it's structured really well, much better than WoD. Problem in my eyes is speed of updates will be critical right now (more hotfix rather than content) and while Blizz has gotten better I don't think they're quick enough overall.

That is, there's massive time commitment in a lot of areas of the game now and given the fine tuning of more content out of the gate it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow when your spec isn't quite good enough or the three legendaries you got so far have underperforming special effects. You can't compete but you also can't get that time back by swapping specs because of lego drops being spec specific and not being able to pull arti power out of a weapon.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Lol at anyone that thinks they will be playing tonight at midnight when the game launches.
Well hopefully we will. It seems they learned their lessonfrom WoD by funneling everyone to one starting zone. Frost Ridge was a huge cluster fuck. Laggy as hell and it kept crashing. Took forever to finish quests due to the lack of mobs. This time you have 4 choices of zones to start leveling in. That should decrease the amount of players in a single area.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I'll most likely just book off friday, maaaybe thursday since it's a long weekend anyway. I expect not a whole lot of playtime tues/weds anyway since people were threatening ddosing for a constant week or something awhile back iirc

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well hopefully we will. It seems they learned their lessonfrom WoD by funneling everyone to one starting zone. Frost Ridge was a huge cluster fuck. Laggy as hell and it kept crashing. Took forever to finish quests due to the lack of mobs. This time you have 4 choices of zones to start leveling in. That should decrease the amount of players in a single area.

Oh I am not talking about the starting area problem. I am talking about 3,000,000 Resubs all hitting the live servers at once in conjunction with everyone else. This won't ever change, and it has happened with the last 5 expansions. Just trying to manage expectations :) I wouldn't take any time off work for the launch like some people do, only to not log in for 3 days until everything settles down.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'll most likely just book off friday, maaaybe thursday since it's a long weekend anyway. I expect not a whole lot of playtime tues/weds anyway since people were threatening ddosing for a constant week or something awhile back iirc

Yeah that's a good call. I doubt stability will come before then.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Druid is parked in Dalaran. With pots, gliders and misc useful items. Monk is currently leveling some battle pets but otherwise ready to go!

Definitely going to be Mistweaver Monk/WW and Tank Druid/Whatever. I am sad Brewmaster isn't something I enjoy at the moment because the Brewmaster artifact is my favorite looking one.

Abused invasions to get my first Alliance to 100 ever and lvl up a rogue and mage for funsies.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's fine, mastery got hotfixed back to buffing Attack Power.

Also, expansion launch is the only reason left as to why I'm glad to be on a backwater wasteland server. There's been connection issues/bottlenecks for every Expansion, but I've never had the server down a high enough % of the day to stop me from levelcapping right away. Even the WoD Garrison stuff... I just booked it out of the garrison as soon as the game let me, then never went back. As long as you didn't use any flight paths that went over the garrison you were fine.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Do you think that leveling Druid as Guardian will be AIDS or not so bad?
I leveled as guardian in beta and it wasn't bad at all. Takes a little longer to kill shit than feral but at least you can grab multiple quest mobs and mow them all at once. Plus you'll barely have any downtime killing shit as guardian. Just make sure you take the resto affinity for the heals. That helps out a lot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like