World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did the quest in there last night, and easily one of my favorite dungeons in WoW. The theme and look is amazing.
If you like that, you should check out Skyhold with a Warrior alt. Odyn, Thorim, Hodir and all of the Valarjar/Shieldmaden/Vrykul shit you can handle.

kudos

<Banned>
If you like that, you should check out Skyhold with a Warrior alt. Odyn, Thorim, Hodir and all of the Valarjar/Shieldmaden/Vrykul shit you can handle.
AKA recycled content. Does Blizzard have a problem making new storylines?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im pretty far behind the curve, called out in gchat today being 106 and someone thought it was my alt or something.. But I'm really enjoying everything so far. Highmountain really dragged on, but I still enjoyed the zone. They did it right with this scaling in one regard, I can just keep levelling in my zone with out thinking I need to move to the next early for better exp.

Tanking norms on my warrior is a joke. In packs I can take a little damage but on bosses I usually take zero to very minimal damage and it just depends what kind of burst the boss has. The combo of heirloom trinket shield and ignore pain is retarded for dungeons. Soloing I take 0 damage as well. Might take me a year to kill that group quest mob, but he never touches me and my ignore pain stack says I can absorb 3M damage.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yes, they are usually geared to patchwerk parses. For most people doing say 30% more aoe dps is far more important than doing 3% more single target - just QOL, questing, raid trash, etc.

I can't speak for every artifact but I know several have pretty big gap fillers (frost DK aoe dps for instance) whereas the other options are comparatively minor upgrades to single skills or utility skills/defensive stuff which is less useful.

Thanks for the info. The Enhance arti build seems to lead to increasing AoE dps more than single target (e.g. giving spirit wolves AoE attacks when you use the static charge aoe ability).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thanks for the info. The Enhance arti build seems to lead to increasing AoE dps more than single target (e.g. giving spirit wolves AoE attacks when you use the static charge aoe ability).

Yea, also don't discount play style changes as well. For example on my mage there's 'higher dps' gold skills but the most important one for overall feel is a proc to chunk 10s off phoenix CD. That changes playstyle quite a bit apparently and while it's not 'best dps on single raid boss' it enables aoe a ton and feels more fluid zipping around questing and doing dungeons so it's a much better choice IMO except for poopsockers.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I ran into the "wall" while questing in Highmountain at 109. Seeing the bar jump from 1000 to 6800 is groan.

Since then, I'm feeding half the power to my alt spec and half to my main. So I'm now at 13/9 halfway in 13. I'll probably stop feeding my alt until I'm waay higher as soon as it hits 13 on alt.

PS: World quest chests were nice with me for first World Quest day: 2 of them had a 400-power item in them.

The suramar lines of quests give a shit ton of AP. I got my main artifact to 13, got my alt to 13, and am now ALMOST to 14 (97%). I probably should have done my 3rd relic to 13 instead, but fuck subtlety.

FINALLY. Can do Class Hall missions without having to log on.
Can not wait for this. Gonna download it so hard.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The suramar lines of quests give a shit ton of AP. I got my main artifact to 13, got my alt to 13, and am now ALMOST to 14 (97%). I probably should have done my 3rd relic to 13 instead, but fuck subtlety.

Can not wait for this. Gonna download it so hard.

Supposedly it only unlocks after 5/5 14 day order hall missions from a quest.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Dat app. Can't wait. 7.1 looks amazing too.

Oh PSA if you have any rep consumables save 'em until tomorrow. Darkmoon Faire rep boost!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Holy shit, best quest in game. Mega spoilers but my sides... Suramar is so good.

If you have done the quests for the trappers near the Crimson Thicket (may need certain unlocks in the city as well not sure) and you go to the Menagerie (zoo), there's a druid in aquatic form in the exhibit. Gives a quest to release animals, yada yada. Then there's a cave with a Devilsaur. You free it, but then you ride it and destroy the city. Opens up a WQ after as well. Best quest ever.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sounds awesome(I havent done that yet, though I am sure I did the quest from the guy near crimson thicket, will have to check that area again). I love suramar as a zone. The entire aspect of building a new city(not just for you but for everyone), building portals, power for them, recruiting people, whole rebellion thing is so much fun.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Just hit 110 last night, weirdly I plowed through the last 2 levels in about the same time it took to do one level when I was in the early 100's. Not sure if it's because of the layout of highmountain or the way my mage seems to kill more efficiently as I leveled up, but it was kind of annoying actually, since I still had about 1/3 of the main storyline to do in HM. Neltharion's Lair was a pretty badass dungeon - probably the best of the first 4 I've done.

Was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of content that opened up when I hit cap, but also happy that there's a ton of stuff to do. I remember being bored to tears within 2 or 3 days of hitting 100 in WOD and just farming the same 8 shitty heroics. Going to spend tonight getting stuck into it, and maybe fuck around on my shammy a bit.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I fucked up with my arti (fire sword), spending the first 4 points in the wrong direction before I realized how the respec system worked - it's currently level 11, and I'm thinking it'd be better to respec it now while it will only cost me 875 points so I can complete the path towards the first major passive before I reach level 13 and the arti power requirements skyrocket the way you guys are describing. Thoughts?
Long term, it doesn't matter. If you want to unlock your first golden trait before starting to raid, you're still fine, it's not one of those artifacts where the first important golden trait require like 15+ pt...

(/eye Shadow Priest blade)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mryd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Val Sharah was boring as hell to me. Another zone full of stereotypical druid stuff, so tired of that! It looked nice, but the storyline and quests were meh. I much prefer Highmountain. Highmountain gave me a similar vibe as Kunlai Summit in MoP, which is one of my favorite zones ever.

Finally, someone who likes Kun Lai as much as I do. It is my favorite zone in the game, by far. The mountains, the lower plains with all of the yaks, the Sha popping up out of nowhere and shouting at everyone in the zone, the music. God damn!

The immersion is so real I gotta brew some green tea before I do my Kun Lai.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Launcher finally finished downloading the client the other day when it got a patch. I am liking Legion a lot so far, but I can't get over how much more I would like it if WoW got rid of the tab targeting combat system and just went all "action" combat style, it feels so clunky after playing BDO for awhile.

My DH is only 106 at the moment, but I was wondering if I need to complete every zone in order to get World Quests for that zone once I hit 110, or at the WQ totally separate?