World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Am I missing something on my mage? I'm at the first set of 5 time-gate missions and one mob takes a Blizz to negate double duration (16 instead of 8 hrs). I did all my mage OH quests and all 5 the champions I have don't have the counter to stop the missions from taking 16 hrs. Millhouse apparently can, but he's only received after you complete these first 5? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Monk was done 8 hrs/ea unlike these.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Am I missing something on my mage? I'm at the first set of 5 time-gate missions and one mob takes a Blizz to negate double duration (16 instead of 8 hrs). I did all my mage OH quests and all 5 the champions I have don't have the counter to stop the missions from taking 16 hrs. Millhouse apparently can, but he's only received after you complete these first 5? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Monk was done 8 hrs/ea unlike these.

I think you just have to suffer through those first 5 missions, you should have 4 of your 8 followers so far. Finishing those gives you the quest for Millhouse and Arcane Protector shortly after, then you get gated by another 5 missions. I assume you'll get quests to get Vargoth and Meryl after that.

Icy Veins has a good list of followers for every class: Class Order Halls Champions (Legion 7.0.3)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think I did my second mission without negating the timer on my priest as well.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
As with practically every WoW expansion, they manage to launch exactly at a time when I have hardly any free time, so I'm only lvl 102 and only had time to do one dungeon, Halls of Valour. Still, looking good so far. Lots, lots LOTS of quests and things to do. Loved the instance. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mythics are so fun. Done em all beside Violet/Neltharion/Maw and obviously the two Suramar dungeons. So far Wardens was the worst by a long shot. Still really fun and I fucking love the mechanics. Can't wait to see T15 Mythics.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And I thought I had been playing a lot this week. I am amazed at how fast some of you burn through all existing content. Jesus.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mythics are so fun. Done em all beside Violet/Neltharion/Maw and obviously the two Suramar dungeons. So far Wardens was the worst by a long shot. Still really fun and I fucking love the mechanics. Can't wait to see T15 Mythics.
Halls of Valor was the only mythic we did where it actually felt "mythic," and that was pretty much only Odin's fight. Mythic 0 definitely just feels like heroic for slightly higher ilvl.

But that may in large part be due to running it with low-mobility classes and having to restart Odin a half dozen times due to "just slightly too slow in getting out of massive-template one-shot effects"

Darkheart Thicket was the only Mythic 0 where the added boss mechanics were really noticeable. Although it was pretty amusing on the last boss of Blackrook to realize that the "RP" was delaying the survivability buff long enough for the tank to get one-shot by the demon at the start of phase 2 if he wasn't popping defensive cooldowns/running away immediatly.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I have not yet been disgusted by the leveling and quit because of lack of flying. Blizz might have gotten something right

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have not yet been disgusted by the leveling and quit because of lack of flying. Blizz might have gotten something right

The zone design is vastly different than WoD (Where they went out of there way to make running around on ground mounts as painful as possible).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everything feels fairly condensed. Just look how spread out frost fire ridge is. It wouldn't have been a stupid design except blizzard made flying so important in wotlk and tbc.

Khane

Well everything feels fairly condensed because the Broken Isles are very, very small compared to every other expansion we've gotten. But they didn't pull that bullshit "Hey this looks like a path that will take me to my next quest just need to get over this hill... Shit can I get around over here maybe? Nope, what about... AHHHAHDASHDH FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU BLIZZARD."

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I noticed it was a lot smoother, I hated the Draenor experience, short as it was. I used one of those free 7 days or whatever they send once in awhile, and never actually leveled to cap, nor did I resubscribe.

Felt like I was fucking playing Fable. Walls, and roads and paths built the long way, every where! Go ALL the way around some mountain to find your damn quest. Yay fun.

Don't matter, I'm enjoying the game now, I don't feel ripped off for the price of a resub and xpac.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finished Highmountain today, really loved the zone, it's beautiful. I enjoyed the story a lot too.

Working on Suramar now, really enjoying the story there so far, and it's a beautiful zone.

I also finished running the normal dungeons. Overall they are pretty easy, and aside from Darkheart Thicket I enjoyed them. Can't do heroic yet since my iLevel is just 806 and you need 810, I'm close though.

Slowly advancing the Class Campaign, doing 1 mission every 12 hours pretty much at this point. I've been clearing my Emissary World Quest, and completing a few more as I run across them.

Only invested in Vengeance artifact so far, not much interest in Havoc right now. It's getting slow. My first Artifact research should be completed tomorrow. Curious to see just how much and improvement that will be.

Khane

I noticed it was a lot smoother, I hated the Draenor experience, short as it was. I used one of those free 7 days or whatever they send once in awhile, and never actually leveled to cap, nor did I resubscribe.

Felt like I was fucking playing Fable. Walls, and roads and paths built the long way, every where! Go ALL the way around some mountain to find your damn quest. Yay fun.

Don't matter, I'm enjoying the game now, I don't feel ripped off for the price of a resub and xpac.

You shouldn't feel ripped off. This is a very good expac so far. You know what the best part of it is though? The complete lack of those stupid fucking blue exclamation marks. I was really skeptical about world quests when I first heard about them because I hate dailies so much but I'm sold now. They are a very welcomed changed.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You shouldn't feel ripped off. This is a very good expac so far.
Nope don't feel ripped off at all, I'm impressed Bliz appears to have "gotten" it again. Worried they stopped giving a shit like SOE years ago.

Sure I'll have a bitch or 2 later, but looking to be in my top 3 with BC and WotLK. Even invested in a token for a starter nestegg of gold, I don't normally spend my real monies on games.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Planned to hit 110 tonight. Surprise wife surprised me and said she had the night off
.. Oh..... Awesome

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users