World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not using FR, it doesn't feel right to play, but I'm also not using mortal combo, I've gone with in for the kill at that level. I'm still unsure on whether arms is better than fury for open world stuff, it's great with lots of small mobs but I think twice about attacking a rare type over a few million hp as having no heals until mob dies sucks, at least with fury you have an oh-shit to combine with the multi heals. In dungeons it's a bit of a wash, fury better on trash and arms slightly ahead for bosses in my experience.

Unfortunately for fury I am pretty sure if its even close to arms damage wise even if it is a bit better the taking 20-30% more damage probably pushes the scales to arms at this time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I swear my panda is broken - still burning shit - the success rate is abysmal - However it can be my luck, ran the raid and only items got were from bonus rolls and just 1 quest piece 1/30 - feels bad.

Theorycrafting is saying that the proc rate is drastically dependent on having all possible dropped/quest recipes. Such that missing even one dramatically reduces the ability to get recipes from him.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Unfortunately for fury I am pretty sure if its even close to arms damage wise even if it is a bit better the taking 20-30% more damage probably pushes the scales to arms at this time.

And thats such a bummer. I haven't unlocked the arms arti on my war yet, but fury feels so good to play especially in AoE situations

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Leveling up my warrior now. Looking forward to him being my alt. Even though he's currently a lowbie. I'm in now particular rush with an alt for this expac.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been a huge fan of Fury, ive dumped 17 into Arms as my offspec. i was managing ~210k on our mythic run last night still wearing tank trinkets/enchants and tank gear. The FR build seems weird, i tried it but wasn't a fan, im sure its probably better dps but mortal combo just has more buttons to press that feel like youre actually doing something. even pulling over 200k i was getting destroyed by the hunter alt in the group that has a much simpler rotation pulling 370k+ on trash packs, that can engage further away, doesn't have to deal with as much melee hate and has better survival, feels bad man.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Playing a main DH tank, Bliz need to do something to fix us because right now the spikes are just so anoying and this upcomong 10% damage nerf to all tanks is a double nerf to DH's are we need our damage for the heals which is our tank "gimick" so not only we will do less damage we will heal for a lot less as well.

The 10% nerf is already in game. I think it has been since Tuesday. They never released final hot fix notes that day but they said a few days before that they would be in on the next maintenance. The PTR nerfs you see on all of the tanks's dps attacks are just tooltip updates.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anybody raiding as a shadow priest? Does Surrender to Madness just seem like a "win more" buff? What I mean is, its seems that on fights where you can use it fully your raid was already going to kill the boss, so all you are doing in inflating your DPS.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So a properly geared Fire mage (stacking crit, crit, and more crit) is fucking insane. Did Mythic Nelth's Lair +2 last night and that mage was hitting 450k on bosses with lust while the rest of the DPS, who were good, got to about 275k-310k or so. This is all around 830-845 ilvl.

Given the bosses in that dungeon don't require a lot of moving around but still.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I like S2M in theory, it gives you a 2 minute window (latency depending, encounter depending) of high damage. with as many wipes as we've had on heroics at 5-10% i feel like a SP with S2M may have been pretty handy, as well as a DPS warrior for executes.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I figured that Surrender to Madness was the sort of thing that was only truly useful in either desperation situations as a hail-Mary, or in the hands of someone who could manage to ride the razors edge for a very long time.

No idea how you manage to properly balance such a thing unless you are factoring in a self/battle rez.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So a properly geared Fire mage (stacking crit, crit, and more crit) is fucking insane. Did Mythic Nelth's Lair +2 last night and that mage was hitting 450k on bosses with lust while the rest of the DPS, who were good, got to about 275k-310k or so. This is all around 830-845 ilvl.

Given the bosses in that dungeon don't require a lot of moving around but still.

Fire is going to get nerfed so hard, i'm assuming they'll hit the mastery. This is a very weird place for Blizzard to be at the moment and they have to toe the line of either "do we nerf fire and make people feel like they wasted points" or do we "buff every other mage spec and still make people feel like they wasted points when they were forced to go fire".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I figured that Surrender to Madness was the sort of thing that was only truly useful in either desperation situations as a hail-Mary, or in the hands of someone who could manage to ride the razors edge for a very long time.

No idea how you manage to properly balance such a thing unless you are factoring in a self/battle rez.

a properly geared SP can keep it going for quite a while, i was surprised at how long it would actually last. but god forbid you get a lag spike its all over.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, just looking at these dps numbers y'all are posting...

I'm running guardian / resto so I really don't have a horse in this race but I'm pulling 120-140k with the bear. The DPS I run with are running ~ 200k-210k. Where are all these 300k+ people you guys are talking about. My buddy is a DH @ 850 ilvl (no leg, 3rd relic) and he maxes at 215 on a very good fight. Is this all from secondary stat optimization? Is it his rotation?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
So, just looking at these dps numbers y'all are posting...

I'm running guardian / resto so I really don't have a horse in this race but I'm pulling 120-140k with the bear. The DPS I run with are running ~ 200k-210k. Where are all these 300k+ people you guys are talking about. My buddy is a DH @ 850 ilvl (no leg, 3rd relic) and he maxes at 215 on a very good fight. Is this all from secondary stat optimization? Is it his rotation?

Hunters and mages are broke is the explanation, i've seen "optimal" demon hunters pull 650k+ on trash packs in short bursts but only 250-300k on bosses.

almost all classes dps wise are pulling 200-250, MM hunters with the correct talents unlocked pull stupid high numbers, as do fire mages who have ~50% crit.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
a properly geared SP can keep it going for quite a while, i was surprised at how long it would actually last. but god forbid you get a lag spike its all over.

And by properly geared that means stack haste to infinity while ignoring all else. If one takes a look at the boss logs posted in the log thread, the two shadow priests have a vaslty different amount of haste. And this is why there is such a massive disparity between uptime on void form and therefore the dps difference. S2M is such a shit talent but is fun as its another mini game within the game. Wish i had time to try it out this week on the raids :(