World of Warcraft: Current Year

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"Warriors were always built like rocks. We took damage, had some active abilities to mitigate and that was it."

Sunder armor, max stacks? alright lets let this boss smash my face with a hammer

*tanking*

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tank spec removed, go heal fgt.

More seriously, I have no idea how to fix brewmasters, I have 0 interest in the class. I was somewhat surprised after coming back for this expansion after cata that there are now more tank specs than healing specs.

Too many specs. I kinda like the idea of two specs per class. Differentiation >>>>> muddy sameness.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Then nerf purifying brew to only clear 40% of stagger. I mean. The fuck? You can slow down the amount of dmg taken but it is a mechanical impossibility to just mitigate the damage away like War/Druid/Pal can do. I don't know shit about DH so whatever.

Not to mention you only stagger 35% of physical damage taken so you still get hit hard... then less hard over time. While also being a lower armor class innately because leather.

Also you just eat spell dmg because your magic dmg mitigation cooldown requires you to not be hit by anything melee.

My tears are real bros. But I, the last Brewmaster, will stand strong! I absolutely love the Brewmaster general playstyle, aesthetic and class fantasy. So I can't just give it up. But I am leveling my warrior because fuck. Juggernaut tank son.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Tank spec removed, go heal fgt.

More seriously, I have no idea how to fix brewmasters, I have 0 interest in the class. I was somewhat surprised after coming back for this expansion after cata that there are now more tank specs than healing specs.

Too many specs. I kinda like the idea of two specs per class. Differentiation >>>>> muddy sameness.
They need to add expel harm and/or guard back as they were or similar to other tank classes' AM skills. They need to rework stagger too. Compared to other tanks, BM take a lot of skill to play and if you mess up your stagger it becomes extremely difficult to fully recover from it in a reasonable amount of time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
"Warriors were always built like rocks. We took damage, had some active abilities to mitigate and that was it."

Sunder armor, max stacks? alright lets let this boss smash my face with a hammer

*tanking*
Or ignore pain so that you absorb 87% of the damage on xavius P3 while you solo tank it because ZyyzYzzy died.

*tanking*

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Other than Beast Mastery what DPS specs are really easy to play at a high(er) level? Ret Paladin?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Check out rotation pages for each class/spec you're interested in on Icy Veins. That's what I did to get a feel for what is overly complicated (which a lot of them seem to be).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Other than Beast Mastery what DPS specs are really easy to play at a high(er) level? Ret Paladin?
As a ret, I wouldn't say ret is easy to play at a high level. Granted, I haven't even played half the other DPS specs in the game (since Legion/artifacts), but there's a lot of room for error in ret's "rotation" and AP spending. Small errors cost a lot of damage.

Edit: Here's my street cred - Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marksman hunter is pretty straight forward with the spec I have been seeing used a lot which is sidewinders and this other talent. Side winder removes arcane shot and multishot so basically are always doing the same general button as your builder. Beast mastery is also pretty straight forward. Ret paladin seemed pretty easy but they do have a lot of OMG WTF buttons a lot more so than hunters do not rotational stuff but things you kinda need to know how and when to use.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It takes a bit of getting when to use the moons but yes it is pretty straight forward and a few minutes at a training dummy you can get pretty well locked into the rotation. They do have a fair amount of rotational abilities though. Moon fire/sun fire/star surge/star fire/wrath/lunar strike/moon moon are all things powers actively used every fight with star surge or starfall depending on if you are doing aoe or single target. But you are not chasing the rabbit any more with eclipse and once you get your rotation set its easy to keep it going. For me in dungeons my burst dps is not stellar but once I get rolling especially on bosses it is pretty easy to stay at the top or near top of DPS meters.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Outside the notion that warlocks suck, it seems that Destruction is pretty straight forward once you get rolling too.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It takes a bit of getting when to use the moons but yes it is pretty straight forward and a few minutes at a training dummy you can get pretty well locked into the rotation. They do have a fair amount of rotational abilities though. Moon fire/sun fire/star surge/star fire/wrath/lunar strike/moon moon are all things powers actively used every fight with star surge or starfall depending on if you are doing aoe or single target. But you are not chasing the rabbit any more with eclipse and once you get your rotation set its easy to keep it going. For me in dungeons my burst dps is not stellar but once I get rolling especially on bosses it is pretty easy to stay at the top or near top of DPS meters.

Plus you get that extremely satisfying CRASH sound every time you drop a full moon.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh I love dropping moons on people. Because its typically Giant moon followed instantly by 1-2 star surges its a huge burst of damage. If you can get that combo off in the battle grounds it is hilarious. People go from alive to not pretty rapidly if you let the big chicken thing have time to cast.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
You know--I really want to play a druid--But I'm a major xmog hunter, and think I might end up bothered by not seeing the xmogs in combat/

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well with boomkin you can use the glyph of stars to look like your normal self but more glowy and ethereal which is what I did to see my xmogs. Still in this expansion I am getting a ton of milage out of flap so I am sticking with giant fat chicken for the moment. It is my one grump about druids is not seeing your gear but if you can only see one pice of gear the scythe of elune is pretty sexy.