World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've gone to clear Serpentrix second and still had to clear Seagulls.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
If there's a hunter in the party they're like guaranteed to aggro them, have to kill them.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
On the subject of healers, I've been futzing with my Monk (Mistweaver) and am still getting used to the changes since Pandaria with Mistweaver as I really had not played him at all during WoD. I'm okay with the "cast something to start soothing mist" part of the situation even though I really liked the old version with the 0.5 second GCD, but I miss the insta-cast while channeling business.

My bigger question about Mistweavers : Does anyone else find the Artifact weapon ability to be fairly clunky? Granted I am just getting into the swing of things, but I find myself only using the "Sheilun's Gift" ability when I accidently hit it (NAGA mouse). I could see it being a nice "oh fuck!" ability to use when all the regenerative mists are not keeping things stable, but by virtue of it having a casting time it feels like there are more natural ways to address any healing deficit. Then again I also chose to use my Artifact Power to boost Soothing Mists first which according to the guides is the most stupid thing to do ever, so I may just be terrible. **

**in my defense and given how much running around goes in general I figured that maximizing Soothing along with Jade Serpent Statue and Mist Wrap (which allows you to soothe on the move) was a great option.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got room for a shadow priest on one of those runs? Although I'm on anderhol, not sure if you can raid cross servers?
yep. We have others that cross realm with us. Just add noodleface#1412 on b net. Send me a tell around 850 pm est Friday night so I remember you. For normal ilvl requirement is 830 for us. Raid 9 to 12 est

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Huh. Never seen that before. Was the group leader on lock out for it already or something? I've done like that a half dozen times now or so on Mythic and M+ and never had it happen to me.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't remember, I don't like doing it that way anyway because the Seagulls don't add much time to the clear but the winds on Hatecoil can wipe you if you kill Serpentrix before her.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On the subject of healers, I've been futzing with my Monk (Mistweaver) and am still getting used to the changes since Pandaria with Mistweaver as I really had not played him at all during WoD. I'm okay with the "cast something to start soothing mist" part of the situation even though I really liked the old version with the 0.5 second GCD, but I miss the insta-cast while channeling business.

My bigger question about Mistweavers : Does anyone else find the Artifact weapon ability to be fairly clunky? Granted I am just getting into the swing of things, but I find myself only using the "Sheilun's Gift" ability when I accidently hit it (NAGA mouse). I could see it being a nice "oh fuck!" ability to use when all the regenerative mists are not keeping things stable, but by virtue of it having a casting time it feels like there are more natural ways to address any healing deficit. Then again I also chose to use my Artifact Power to boost Soothing Mists first which according to the guides is the most stupid thing to do ever, so I may just be terrible. **

**in my defense and given how much running around goes in general I figured that maximizing Soothing along with Jade Serpent Statue and Mist Wrap (which allows you to soothe on the move) was a great option.

I've been healing raids/mythic+/etc as MW and here's what I've learned.

Sheilun's Gift is good to use just when you see an opportunity. No matter the stacks. I generally use it when I see someone at half health or so, its good to weave in with Chi Burst for your no-mana rotation.

The artficat weapon really benefits from Mastery, the first Gold Trait (forget the name) that triggers a heal bomb after the boost ends. The next trait that has Renewing Mist jump and the second gold trait (top left) that triggers a heal bomb when you use Mana Tea.

Basically, the most effective way to Mistweave is to be up in everyone's shit while you're healing. Generally right in there with the melee to maximize the free heal bombs and chi burst. Sheilun's Gift is a bit clunky comparatively but its mostly just a free heal to use when you alternate to mana-free rotation. Which you need to do as we can get mana starved if you're not shifting to chi burst/sheilun's/mana tea vivify regularly and Mana Cost Tea (whatever the name is) whenever you can.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been healing raids/mythic+/etc as MW and here's what I've learned.

Sheilun's Gift is good to use just when you see an opportunity. No matter the stacks. I generally use it when I see someone at half health or so, its good to weave in with Chi Burst for your no-mana rotation.

The artficat weapon really benefits from Mastery, the first Gold Trait (forget the name) that triggers a heal bomb after the boost ends. The next trait that has Renewing Mist jump and the second gold trait (top left) that triggers a heal bomb when you use Mana Tea.

Basically, the most effective way to Mistweave is to be up in everyone's shit while you're healing. Generally right in there with the melee to maximize the free heal bombs and chi burst. Sheilun's Gift is a bit clunky comparatively but its mostly just a free heal to use when you alternate to mana-free rotation. Which you need to do as we can get mana starved if you're not shifting to chi burst/sheilun's/mana tea vivify regularly and Mana Cost Tea (whatever the name is) whenever you can.

Thing I hate about our artifact is the long'ish cast time, in a raid, by the time I fire it off the person has already been topped off by multiple faster heals from other healers. I'd love for them to change it to channeled over 2-3s or something so that we can use some of the mists, but not all of them if they arent needed.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nSJRN8r.png

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
2/7 mythic down now. My dh (862 ilvl so far) takes too much damage for our healers taste on Ursoc, so having to play my Guardian for that fight ._.

Decided to just swap to druid for the remainder of progression, because why balance tanks

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
2/7 mythic down now. My dh (862 ilvl so far) takes too much damage for our healers taste on Ursoc, so having to play my Guardian for that fight ._.

Decided to just swap to druid for the remainder of progression, because why balance tanks
With so much talk about how bad DH was going to be for mythic why play one as a main tank?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much the only measure of success on these raids is if you are alive at the end. Damage done is barely more than a measurement of pure fucking luck unless you have a team of analysts combing through your logs like its fantasy football.

You'd have to kill (or wipe) to something 50 times to get enough of a sample size to just go by meters. Overlay the above charts with simcraft results for a laugh.

People fighting for mythic spots.. lol?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a hard time keeping a dh up in heroic ursoc. Finally warr was like just voke off me when I say, and then we won easily with the warr tanking like 80% of the time lol. Pretty sure he was below i850 but so was warr. Can't imagine a dh tank in mythic

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
When pulling logs you should consider limiting Normal and Heroic to the last 1 week because of all the changes that hit last Tuesday. It really shows the buff the Enhancement shaman.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know why warriors are OP?

Because Blizzard can't just leave shit the fuck alone. Why did they redesign warriors and give them Ignore Pain? BY DESIGN Ignore Pain is overpowered. It's an absorb that ignores 90% (100%) of all incoming damage based on rage. Then they let you use Ultimatum/Vengeance to reduce it even further (30 rage, now something else).

Warriors were always built like rocks. We took damage, had some active abilities to mitigate and that was it. They gave us this shit, like a fucking meth head smoking some crystal in a back alley. I can't even understand how blizzard did not have the forethought to know this would be overpowered. I just can't fathom that a bunch of people sat down at a table and said "you know what, this feels right."

So what will happen is what always happens. They'll nerf IP into the ground, DK's will become tank #1, warriors will sit in the middle, and druids will sit on the ass end. I wouldn't even be surprised if they buffed DH to the #1 spot just so people actually use them as raid tanks. Same thing with Monk tanks in WOD.

Here's an example about how OP we are. Look at my healing on Xavius as warrior... 97% for my ilvl so obviously I am one of the best players ever, but just look at that shit. look at the damage I took vs absorbs

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I can't wait until next expansion when they take away Ignore Pain and completely redesign the entire class for no goddamn fucking reason.

As much as it will make me cry bitter tears Ignore pain is just fucking nuts as it currently stands. I am not sure even nerfing it to the ground would be enough it probably will need to get removed at some point or have some 30 second or something CD.