World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just don't get why fury warriors take 30% more damage during enrage. They are a bottom of the barrel dps class but take more damage than everyone else?! I mean it'd be different if they were firmly at the top with an idea like " hey yeah youre rockstar dps, but it comes at a price. "

I like how fury plays compared to arms, but the extra damage taken is just bonkers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't know why people don't join FOH. You don't even need to raid. There's like 60 people on every night doing EVERYTHING.

I won't advertise the guild anymore I promise.

I started working more seriously on my druid who is in the forum guild. I had been playing my alliance warrior on another server, but I recently did a heroic with my guild (that I joined like 8 months ago from a random invite just so I wouldn't feel alone). I (as an arms warrior) was doing more than dps than the other 4 COMBINED. We wiped 7 times on the last boss in heroic Maw. I logged off and got on Hyjal. I never knew what a bad really was, but now I understand just how bad bad can be.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I have really enjoyed a lot about this expac so far: Love the Mythic+ addition, its nice to do some meaningful 5-man gameplay with people I really enjoy playing with. Content hasn't been an issue...

But holy fuck, as a DPS warrior, I am so incredibly turned off by the constant hotfixes/nerfs. Fury is shit, so you switch to Arms (which has never really gotten much love in terms of dps). Then Arms gets "normalized" because lucky fuckers are getting BIS legendaries and their DPS is way overpowered. The amount of RNG in trying to get a Tactician proc for Colossal Smash is just mind-numbingly boring. Now Fury is on the docket to at least get an official look at a revamp. Fuck, just make up your minds. Two specs that are absolutely grading out at the very bottom for Mythic raids. It just blows my mind that its possible for you to play a class and depending on the pull the variance in damage output can be as much as 50-70k dps on Patchwerk type fights (Nythendra & Ursoc).

It makes me want to re-roll another class, but fuck, as someone who has just enough time & effort to get one class as optimal as possible to lead two raids a week in heroic/Mythic, it's a buzzkill. I guess I have been pretty lucky dodging all the tuning in recent years (coming back really late in Mists & only playing 6 months of WoD), but it definitely sucks to an otherwise fairly enjoyable expansion.
Psh, warriors have it easy compared to us warlocks.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I have really enjoyed a lot about this expac so far
So did I, but I must inject the PoV of real casuals in here, because that's possibly the first expansion where Blizzard may see a massive hemorrage of its real casual players.

It is the first expansion where a majority of basic casual content is gated behind dungeons.

You cannot (litterally cannot) level any non-gathering profession without doing dungeons. Period. If you don't do dungeons, your profession will reach 800 with... the Darkmoon Faire, and maybe 2-3 recipes.

You will never fly without doing dungeons (because about every class campaign appears to require at least 1, and up to 4) AND raid (Xavius).

I'm almost surprised you can unlock WQ without doing dungeons.

I know dungeons are trivial. But I know at least one person who has played for the entire duration of WoW, never unsubscribed, has one of each class, and probably played one dungeon back in 1.1 before saying no, I hate dungeons. She's already realized she's never going to do profession, she's realizing she's not going to finish the campaign, and this will probably be the first time she unsubscribe. And my guess is she won't be coming back.

Now, that's not my problem; started HM raids, doing mythics, no problem. But I still wonder how many subscribers are more like my friend's mother vs me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
And out of the 10.1 million active subs, I'm sure there's at least three other people that will unsub because they refuse to ever do a dungeon...

At some point I think a person needs to evaluate what's important to them and arrive at an understanding that there are hobbies out there better suited to their proclivities.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get why fury warriors take 30% more damage during enrage. They are a bottom of the barrel dps class but take more damage than everyone else?! I mean it'd be different if they were firmly at the top with an idea like " hey yeah youre rockstar dps, but it comes at a price. "

I like how fury plays compared to arms, but the extra damage taken is just bonkers.

So luckily a guy from MMO-Champion threw together a really well constructed and clean critique of Fury, mainly based on the damage taken aspect & it received an official response from the Dev team and is supposed to get a hard look sometime this week. As it is, Fury is more entertaining, but it's lack of DPS & the increased damage it takes kills the spec in anything remotely difficult. If Fury gets even just a nominal DPS buff & the 30% increased damage bullshit pulled away, I will gladly sacrifice Arms top-end burst to get rid of the randomness that spec has.

Ukerric - This expansion is definitely more geared away from "super casuals". I'm really curious as to how many players actually play the game like that. I don't doubt there are quite a few, but I also wonder if they really looked at the player base & concluded that they didn't feel there were many. They definitely had a shift in philosophy. See a lot of "Get over it" from the devs now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And out of the 10.1 million active subs, I'm sure there's at least three other people that will unsub because they refuse to ever do a dungeon...

At some point I think a person needs to evaluate what's important to them and arrive at an understanding that there are hobbies out there better suited to their proclivities.

Oh let's be honest. All those subs will just play another character to max level. We can all complain about how much we hate what Blizzard did to end game but they absolutely fucking nailed the leveling process. There has never been an MMO that was more fun to play any class, no matter what is, to max level. That is their bread and butter.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The no dungeon run example is an extreme case, for sure, but the amount of people who like to run multiple characters and keep them up to date isn't a tiny portion of the playerbase, and those people are the ones who are going to be dropping like flies in the near future. Personally I really fucking hate AP and how it locks you in to playing a certain spec/class. I also miss the days when I could level an alt through dungeons or PvP, both of which were nerfed to shit and basically useless as a means of leveling. Being tunneled through the same exact shit over and over again is a huge turn off, especially now that it requires questing every zone following the same rigid patch each time.

BTW, that 10 million subscriber number has been denied by Blizzard, they claim they never stated as much. Either they are covering their asses for the inevitable fall off or the guy just made it up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck, just make up your minds. Two specs that are absolutely grading out at the very bottom for Mythic raids. .

"two specs at the very bottom"? Lol? Fury yes, but arms is still at the top.

The no dungeon run example is an extreme case, for sure, but the amount of people who like to run multiple characters and keep them up to date isn't a tiny portion of the playerbase, and those people are the ones who are going to be dropping like flies in the near future. Personally I really fucking hate AP and how it locks you in to playing a certain spec/class. I also miss the days when I could level an alt through dungeons or PvP, both of which were nerfed to shit and basically useless as a means of leveling. Being tunneled through the same exact shit over and over again is a huge turn off, especially now that it requires questing every zone following the same rigid patch each time.

BTW, that 10 million subscriber number has been denied by Blizzard, they claim they never stated as much. Either they are covering their asses for the inevitable fall off or the guy just made it up.

"Being tunneled through the same exact shit" yet says right before wants to run dungeons over and over..

I mean sure it was silly to nerf them, its good to have choices(And I bet they increase them again later in expac) but it's funny reading someone whine about one thing and then want to turn around and do the exact thing they complain about.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

I'm not sure what your metric is for "keeping up to date," but if it's AP, the catch-up mechanic is in effect and works well. I hit 110 on my hunter a few days ago and he will be at AK3 Friday (~2 days per AK rank). A couple months from now fresh 110s will be able to unlock all the traits that significantly improve performance within a week or two with minimal effort.

At launch I often equated AP to AAs in EQ. Now I'm thinking AP is more like a sneaky f2p timegate that gives you the illusion of continuous character progression. If you want to be first and ahead of the curve, your time investment in AP farming will be significant. If you want to "just keep up," all you need to do is log in once or twice a week to collect your AK research. The AP items that used to give 200 will soon be granting 10k+.

I fail to understand how that is anti-casual.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Friend just linked his 3rd legendary from a heroic dungeon and I am actually starting to get salty.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't be shocked if there was still something giving people who already have one a better chance at getting more.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Friend just linked his 3rd legendary from a heroic dungeon and I am actually starting to get salty.
RNG can be smoothed out quite a bit by increasing the volume of opportunity. While you can't farm legendaries, you can chain queue heroics, use other people's Mythic+ Keystones, etc. The player who kills dozens of bosses every day is much more likely to see a legendary (or multiple legendaries) than a player who maybe does a daily heroic and a couple mythic dungeons per week.

The same can be said for the smoothing of the RNG for high Titanforged procs. You might have a low chance for gear to Titanforge from 845 (mythic+2) to 880+, but when you're chain running M+2 dungeons, opening 3 chests (6 loots) per run, you're going to see a lot of gear that will be an upgrade for you. If you look at the average ilevel of the guilds who full cleared Mythic EN in the first couple days you'll see what I mean.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Thanks for explaining what literally everybody knows about RNG, except when you still roll zeros and don't get anything while consistently running m+ every single night, raids, 2 world bosses, 6 bonus rolls, daily heroics/heroic with bags, every single chest in legion looted, every emissary cache, plenty of pvp boxes (somewhere around prestige 1 rank 35 atm), and yet somehow the only items that I do roll a decent ilvl on they never have my stats. Most of my gear is from somebody trading it to me save for a few pieces.

RNG has always existed but to this extent? Shit is just retarded when I see people with significantly less playtime and content cleared than me outgearing me.

That said I'm still having fun but I am still full of salt.