World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Which reminds me. This Guardian Druid I have has 100% uptime on Iron Fur and Im more often 2 stacks than not with Iron Fur. I have some pretty amazing crafted gear on my Druid, and Im not done yet - but thats just ridiculous. If the Monk Brewmaster could have 100% uptime on his Defensive CD then it would make a world of difference for his ass, too. Thats not even taking into account that Mastery gives a flat +healing received percentage at any point in the fight. Nor including the other... what, 4 more defensive buffs you can use? Fucking A' man, if anyone needs nerfing its fucking guardian druids.
Thank you

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which reminds me. This Guardian Druid I have has 100% uptime on Iron Fur and Im more often 2 stacks than not with Iron Fur. I have some pretty amazing crafted gear on my Druid, and Im not done yet - but thats just ridiculous. If the Monk Brewmaster could have 100% uptime on his Defensive CD then it would make a world of difference for his ass, too. Thats not even taking into account that Mastery gives a flat +healing received percentage at any point in the fight. Nor including the other... what, 4 more defensive buffs you can use? Fucking A' man, if anyone needs nerfing its fucking guardian druids.

Frenzied Regen and the other one don't even share CDs like brewmaster! Barkskin on a fucking 60 second cooldown, Mark of Ursol can be spammed alone with Ironfur... Fuck guardian druids. Mah brew has 3 charges of two main defensive abilities on shared charges and a 7 (more like 4 minute if you play well) cooldown major defensive.

But I am leveling one.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Barkskin is 90s base for guardians. Get your facts straight.

No point to spamming Ursol.

Okay more accurately you can time to use Ursol on say, the lightbeam from Hyrja. On the Brewmaster I have to use Zen Meditation which has a 5 minute CD to mitigate magic damage.

Oh and I can't move, attack, or take physical damage when I use it or it breaks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The same player doing 250k vs 350k has nothing to do with legendaries, just skill

mhm

It's more like the same player doing 325k vs 400k, for some legendaries, on some classes.

If you're only doing 250k you're either at a low item level or you just plain suck.

Khane

No no no. Guardian Druids are just fine.

Brewmasters just need a buff.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd prefer it be an on-demand short cooldown ability. As it is now, prot warrior rotation is this weird mix of insanely boring + stupidly specific. You spend 2/3rd of your GCD on 1 ability, 80% if you add shield slam. But for little bit of time, you have to watch your shield slam cooldown to replace devastate with revenge. And if you don't manage 100% uptime easily, you have to make sure you can still hit SS in time for Heavy Repercussions to count, otherwise you need to delay it a bit to wait for a new SB charge.

joz123

Potato del Grande
This shit isnt rocket science and I "kind of" disagree with both of you on this subject. Math that shit out and in a 20 person raid with 5 healers doing 0 damage, the tanks and dps have to do an average of 266.6k on Nythendra. We know the tanks not going to do that, so lets just say all 13 dps are going to do an additional 20k dps per to make up the difference. 285k across the board for all dps is the MINIMUM, ass puckering shit you need to beat the timer. So asking for 300k single target isnt unreasonable, especially when you start adding in mechanics that take DPS away from Nythendra - like Mind Controls. Do you need a Legendary to do 300k? No, of course not. Does an appropriate legendary make it easier for you to get 300k? You sure as fuck best believe it.

At the end of the day, requiring someone new to Mythics to have 325k single target average is not an elitist dick move like some people would have you believe. Its just math.
This is why im sorta thinking of shelving my warlock. I pull 300k+ in heroic raids but the dmg is kinda inconsistent because of the shit artifact wpn ability that I cant always use. Have to work my butt off to get decent dps out of it when i have 2 decent legendaries also.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats the infuriating part. You dont "get it" until you tank with both of these classes. If you have 100% uptime on Iron Fur, just because Galactic Guardian floods you with rage - then mechanics that require you to use iron fur so you arent hit for a fuck ton are on your ignore list. Truth be told, that particular talent is probably what needs to be nerfed more than anything. You should need at least a modicum of Haste to have that much uptime on Iron fur and if Iron Fur is up all the time, whats the point of having it as a defensive CD to begin with?

Then, on that same note - after playing the Guardian Druid you can clearly see what is wrong with the Monk and its based around the defensive rotation and stat priority. From a purely defensive stand point, Monks have to gear haste up to 30% in order to have Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges come up as often as they can. Yet all that haste offers no other defensive benefit. So you're huge into a stat that decreases recharge time of a low priority defensive cool down and light into crit or mastery and have virtually 0 versatility if geared properly. If they want to fix the Monk, the changes are obvious. Increase base energy regen, with critical strikes restoring a set amount of energy (+# per). Purifying Brew and Iron Skin brew off charges completely and use energy instead. When gearing, stat priority should be Crit > Mastery =/= Versatility. So now you have a pretty good chance of proccing Celestial Fortune when healed, and Elusive Brawler will either dodge the hit entirely or Versatility will lessen the hit. Rework Zen Meditation to only be canceled by the player or if the player is stunned. Same concept as Master Yi from League of Legends. Rework Fortifying Brew to be a 3 minute cool down that instead of having a reduced cool down timer with good play, you instead increase the uptime of the buff with good play. Exploding Keg reworked to give you a 100% dodge for 5 seconds instead.

I fucking hate these devs and their poorly thought ideas. Theres no sense that a dev couldnt have came up with a very similar idea to what I just did. That design right there is comparable to a Guardian Druid and is the Monk that "I" want to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's more like the same player doing 325k vs 400k, for some legendaries, on some classes.

If you're only doing 250k you're either at a low item level or you just plain suck.

K, so some people suck, some people are low item level and some legendaries are 100x better than others. Got it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
K, so some people suck, some people are low item level and some legendaries are 100x better than others. Got it.

No, not really. Warcraft logs actually lets you do parse breakdowns by equipped legendary, which gives you somewhat of a broader view of how good they are. In some cases the good ones are as much as 10% better than the awful ones, but overall they are a lot closer than you'd think.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
my old ring was a side grade - 0% dps net gain
my old pants were a side grade - 0% dps net gain

if I had gotten the boots instead of either of those, I'd have another 60-70k dps ez

and I'd trade both of them for the boots if I could right now and it'd make me way more effective on raids

hell, if I had 5 different ones I'd trade all of them for it too

Not going to quit or anything, just gonna power through

Khane

Thats the infuriating part. You dont "get it" until you tank with both of these classes. If you have 100% uptime on Iron Fur, just because Galactic Guardian floods you with rage - then mechanics that require you to use iron fur so you arent hit for a fuck ton are on your ignore list. Truth be told, that particular talent is probably what needs to be nerfed more than anything. You should need at least a modicum of Haste to have that much uptime on Iron fur and if Iron Fur is up all the time, whats the point of having it as a defensive CD to begin with?

Then, on that same note - after playing the Guardian Druid you can clearly see what is wrong with the Monk and its based around the defensive rotation and stat priority. From a purely defensive stand point, Monks have to gear haste up to 30% in order to have Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew charges come up as often as they can. Yet all that haste offers no other defensive benefit. So you're huge into a stat that decreases recharge time of a low priority defensive cool down and light into crit or mastery and have virtually 0 versatility if geared properly. If they want to fix the Monk, the changes are obvious. Increase base energy regen, with critical strikes restoring a set amount of energy (+# per). Purifying Brew and Iron Skin brew off charges completely and use energy instead. When gearing, stat priority should be Crit > Mastery =/= Versatility. So now you have a pretty good chance of proccing Celestial Fortune when healed, and Elusive Brawler will either dodge the hit entirely or Versatility will lessen the hit. Rework Zen Meditation to only be canceled by the player or if the player is stunned. Same concept as Master Yi from League of Legends. Rework Fortifying Brew to be a 3 minute cool down that instead of having a reduced cool down timer with good play, you instead increase the uptime of the buff with good play. Exploding Keg reworked to give you a 100% dodge for 5 seconds instead.

I fucking hate these devs and their poorly thought ideas. Theres no sense that a dev couldnt have came up with a very similar idea to what I just did. That design right there is comparable to a Guardian Druid and is the Monk that "I" want to play.

You're comparing a good tank to the defacto worst tank in the expansion by a mile. And saying druids need to be nerfed because they don't blow like brewmasters.

Get off my lawn dammit!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You're comparing a good tank to the defacto worst tank in the expansion by a mile. And saying druids need to be nerfed because they don't blow like brewmasters.

Get off my lawn dammit!
Let's not forget how amazing brews were last expansion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I haven't played a monk, so in the spirit of your post, I won't comment on that. But to clarify, ironfur and ursol aren't cooldowns but active mitigation. There's nothing inherent to these types of abilities that says you shouldn't have them up all the time. Bears might be designed with the assumption of 1-2 ironfur and warriors a certain amount of shields and others classes not so much.