World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My legs ring only lets me shield wall more often. Was hoping it would bust me into gold tier but nope. Still Grey tier

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's not 100% true. There are people who really want to be in super poop sock guilds. The difference between No Legendary and something like the absorb neck and a BiS legendary for a DPS is night and day. It might not be as apparent on tanks but on DPS it makes such a huge difference. Jumping from no legendary and an 860 neck to the absorb neck was night and day for me.

If your guild doesn't care about racing and world first then you are fine without one or with whatever one drops. If you're hardcore then the feels are real.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can do 350k dps on Ursoc type fights and perform just fine in mythic raids without a single legendary on most class/specs.

I'm not saying legendaries don't make a difference. I'm saying they aren't required. At least not yet.

And not having a legendary, or not having the right legendary is not the reason someone would be consistently in the bottom 15% on warcraftlogs.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You would need a really high amount of artifact power to hit that mark on Hunter. Like sure, you could get in some garbage damage on cleaving stuff in the Eye fight or that trash in phase 3 of Xavius that doesn't really matter but single target or reasonable dps? I think 350 is high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd bet rogue/mage/enhance/shadow/feral/ret could do it pretty easily. The rest would probably need a combination of good weapon(lots of pts in) and high ilvl(875ish or higher).

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Herpy Derp. Trinkets hard to sim and some are way OP.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mythic Ursoc has multiple mobs.

Not even 1000 hunters are hitting 350k on Mythic Nythendra. So out of 16,114 Mythic Nythendra logs, only less then 7% are hitting 350k.

Khane

Mythic Ursoc has multiple mobs.

Not even 1000 hunters are hitting 350k on Mythic Nythendra. So out of 16,114 Mythic Nythendra logs, only less then 7% are hitting 350k.

Edit: That was Ursoc again.

1000 people is still most of the people who actually belong in Mythic. Nythendra is the first boss and afaik is not a dps race in Mythic and there's a reasonable amount of movement.

I mean 350k is kind of an arbitrary number, what about 300k? This conversation is getting way off topic anyway.

Noodle said if certain legendaries are required for mythic raiding that sucks. I said they weren't.

Do you disagree?

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know, is there a way to filter it to see the dps numbers for people without a legendary equipped? I know my experience is that at 855 with no legendary my DPS as a hunter would have been barely passable. I was simming (so perfect rotation) in the 260 range. With a legendary I am still not simming over 300k (I would link the sim but I logged off as BM).

My personal opinion is that legendaries are as close to required as possible for Mythic Raiding. Luckily I don't Mythic Raid. If you don't have a legendary, you better be pushing up to that 5% damage increase on the artifact power levels.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm watching the Q&A panel from this year and someone asked if they're going to make a token for something like a faction change, transfer, etc and they gave a flat out "yes" and are working on it kinda soon. That's pretty rad, more things to sink my gold in!

Khane

I don't know, is there a way to filter it to see the dps numbers for people without a legendary equipped? I know my experience is that at 855 with no legendary my DPS as a hunter would have been barely passable. I was simming (so perfect rotation) in the 260 range. With a legendary I am still not simming over 300k (I would link the sim but I logged off as BM).

My personal opinion is that legendaries are as close to required as possible for Mythic Raiding. Luckily I don't Mythic Raid. If you don't have a legendary, you better be pushing up to that 5% damage increase on the artifact power levels.

A sim just takes your gear and your talents and your Artifact Weapon path.

You could royally fuck up all three of those things and a sim will still spit out a number. And it definitely doesn't mean a perfect rotation like you think it does.

And an 855 with no legendary doesn't belong in Mythic raids. I think we just fundamentally disagree on what's required. An 870 with no legendary (or a "shit legendary) should be able to perform to the necessary level which is at least 300k (I'd even say 350k) on an Ursoc type fight. Meaning minimal movement, short duration DPS race.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, just a word of warning, some of the simcraft default profiles blow. Here's a snippet from the ret list:

actions+=/divine_storm,if=debuff.judgment.up&spell_targets.divine_storm>=2&buff.divine_purpose.react
actions+=/divine_storm,if=debuff.judgment.up&spell_targets.divine_storm>=2&buff.the_fires_of_justice.react&(!talent.crusade.enabled|cooldown.crusade.remains>gcd*3)
actions+=/divine_storm,if=debuff.judgment.up&spell_targets.divine_storm>=2&holy_power>=4&(!talent.crusade.enabled|cooldown.crusade.remains>gcd*4)

I see him using a logical OR there at the end, but I don't think whoever made this list fully realizes how awesome it can actually be. Do yourself a favor, if you're going to use output from simcraft, spend an hour or two sanitizing the action list and making it human playable.

It helps if you find that sanitation part fun like I do.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This shit isnt rocket science and I "kind of" disagree with both of you on this subject. Math that shit out and in a 20 person raid with 5 healers doing 0 damage, the tanks and dps have to do an average of 266.6k on Nythendra. We know the tanks not going to do that, so lets just say all 13 dps are going to do an additional 20k dps per to make up the difference. 285k across the board for all dps is the MINIMUM, ass puckering shit you need to beat the timer. So asking for 300k single target isnt unreasonable, especially when you start adding in mechanics that take DPS away from Nythendra - like Mind Controls. Do you need a Legendary to do 300k? No, of course not. Does an appropriate legendary make it easier for you to get 300k? You sure as fuck best believe it.

At the end of the day, requiring someone new to Mythics to have 325k single target average is not an elitist dick move like some people would have you believe. Its just math.

• 1Like

Khane

This shit isnt rocket science and I "kind of" disagree with both of you on this subject. Math that shit out and in a 20 person raid with 5 healers doing 0 damage, the tanks and dps have to do an average of 266.6k on Nythendra. We know the tanks not going to do that, so lets just say all 13 dps are going to do an additional 20k dps per to make up the difference. 285k across the board for all dps is the MINIMUM, ass puckering shit you need to beat the timer. So asking for 300k single target isnt unreasonable, especially when you start adding in mechanics that take DPS away from Nythendra - like Mind Controls. Do you need a Legendary to do 300k? No, of course not. Does an appropriate legendary make it easier for you to get 300k? You sure as fuck best believe it.

At the end of the day, requiring someone new to Mythics to have 325k single target average is not an elitist dick move like some people would have you believe. Its just math.

It sounds like you and I are in complete agreement actually.

Khane

I've farmed 1200 Aethril so far today and no rank 3. That's on top of the 2000 or so I've already farmed before today. This RNG crap in every single aspect of the game is getting really tiresome.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

You just made it sound like you think legendaries are required. You know the legendaries I have barely impact my DPS and I reach over 400k+ quite often, without using S2M. Ive seen other classes do it, too. So its NOT* just some Spriest thing, to be specific. So I just wouldnt require it, but be firm in recruitment that you need a "minimum" dps to stay in the raid.

To answer the question from earlier, though. The mage bracer has been parsed out to give an additional 80-120k dps. The shadow priest belt smooths out the rotation and once youve geared your relics and artifacts for mind blast, it garners you an additional ~60k dps outside of S2M and upwards of 140k dps inside S2M. You sure as hell want people with Legendaries like these on your team, because who wouldnt - but Id rather have someone like Xaini, or Brew without a BIS legendary dps'ing with me rather than some asshole that got lucky.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Which reminds me. This Guardian Druid I have has 100% uptime on Iron Fur and Im more often 2 stacks than not with Iron Fur. I have some pretty amazing crafted gear on my Druid, and Im not done yet - but thats just ridiculous. If the Monk Brewmaster could have 100% uptime on his Defensive CD then it would make a world of difference for his ass, too. Thats not even taking into account that Mastery gives a flat +healing received percentage at any point in the fight. Nor including the other... what, 4 more defensive buffs you can use? Fucking A' man, if anyone needs nerfing its fucking guardian druids.