World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
its frustrating as shit not being able to find adequate players for a guild. we have some top notch dps all parsing in the 90+% for their ilevel for their classes, but they show up to 1 out of 3 raid nights per week. hopefully the stars align and we get the correct group online for xxx mythic boss. then we faceroll through heroic in an hour with most of the loot being DE'd. I dont know what people want?

then they have me go dps since we had 3 tanks on and i was the only one with offspec points in my weapon, im not geared for it so i derp around at 240k and people bitch about dps being an issue. No shit dps is an issue because our geared players aren't logging on and you cant run mythic with dps that low

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
its frustrating as shit not being able to find adequate players for a guild. we have some top notch dps all parsing in the 90+% for their ilevel for their classes, but they show up to 1 out of 3 raid nights per week. hopefully the stars align and we get the correct group online for xxx mythic boss. then we faceroll through heroic in an hour with most of the loot being DE'd. I dont know what people want?
To play and the game not feel like a job like it often does with mythic raids.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I dont see how mythic feels like a job? it takes the same amount of time as other raids and our guild provides 90% of the consumables/repairs you need (they dont provide food). I guess people just want easy mode and not to have to learn actual encounters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still baffles me how few people want to do mythic raiding and are content farming forever
Well there's a bit of history there. The guild did blow up when it tried mythic. This turned A LOT of people off it it, people still in the guild.

Personally I wanted to try it. The thing is I can't abandon the group that I've been apart of for a couple years. It's not super important to me, it was just a cool thing that would've been interested. I don't mind farming heroic and then when on full farm mode letting people play what they want.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If anything, prot warrior's main rotation is more boring than druid's and the ptr will make it slightly better. I find managing prot warrior's cooldown's annoying, especially marginal ones like the artifact ability or battle cry. So close to useless I forget to press them sometimes.

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy shouldn't galactic guardian be your highest priority?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anything, prot warrior's main rotation is more boring than druid's and the ptr will make it slightly better. I find managing prot warrior's cooldown's annoying, especially marginal ones like the artifact ability or battle cry. So close to useless I forget to press them sometimes.

I use nelths fury in between shield block. It's a dps loss and I think it's a terrible ability.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I dont see how mythic feels like a job? it takes the same amount of time as other raids and our guild provides 90% of the consumables/repairs you need (they dont provide food). I guess people just want easy mode and not to have to learn actual encounters.
Hmm? In a normal or heroic raid I can leave if a I need/want to and the raid will continue for that night. Some people don't want to wipe on the same boss an entire raid night. Some people don't want to spend all their gold on consumables (pots mainly) if they have limited play time. Some people just don't think it's fun. Not everyone is like you?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Depends. I like to big dick DPS, and on pull thrash is highest to get 3 stack for the mitigation

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I'm fine with people not wanting to do mythic, but if you join a guild that is a "mythic progression guild" you need to show up for the mythic guild progression. if we advertised as a guild looking for heroic raiders then pushing them to mythic i could understand some hesitation. We have never advertised as anything other than "pushing to be server top 5". people who join know what they are in for and need to show up more than 33% of the time.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
fucking hell, 4 weeks in a row now I'e had double gold on my 3 characters for the world boss,2 of them are at 5 weeks in a row. Starting to get tired of this shit.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
The world boss table is too deep, 11 is entirely too many bosses to reliably get gear that could be bis for your class.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I like the proposed changes to prot warriors. Picking up waves of adds or establishing AE aggro on pull is annoying enough as it is with revenge's cooldown and cone plus tclap's cooldown. Now they're making revenge worse in this scenario by either making it cost a lot of rage(which you might not have) or it's on cooldown and you haven't parried in a while.

AE filler ability is one the top thing I like about tanking on my bear.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm fine with people not wanting to do mythic, but if you join a guild that is a "mythic progression guild" you need to show up for the mythic guild progression. if we advertised as a guild looking for heroic raiders then pushing them to mythic i could understand some hesitation. We have never advertised as anything other than "pushing to be server top 5". people who join know what they are in for and need to show up more than 33% of the time.
Maybe they do heroic and some mythic attempts with your guild and realize the futility?

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Not sure I like the proposed changes to prot warriors. Picking up waves of adds or establishing AE aggro on pull is annoying enough as it is with revenge's cooldown and cone plus tclap's cooldown. Now they're making revenge worse in this scenario by either making it cost a lot of rage(which you might not have) or it's on cooldown and you haven't parried in a while.

AE filler ability is one the top thing I like about tanking on my bear.

Are they even getting proper feedback on this? Somebody would have to take one for the team and visit the official forums.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
we are 3/7 mythic with around 20 pulls on the 2nd and 3rd boss. i think its just people wanting an easy ride.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are they even getting proper feedback on this? Somebody would have to take one for the team and visit the official forums.
I checked the official forums yesterday and it was full of butthurt(more than usual) pvpers. Prot changes were barely discussed.

It's honestly a good thematic change. It makes the rotation more exciting. I'm worried it's not tuned correctly and will lead to a slight rage nerf though. And the aforementioned "picking up adds" issue.