World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Weights are done from sims at my gear level, with ED taken into consideration. Just buy yourself a bunch of 100% haste crafted 855's and you'll see what I'm talking about. It took an 885 item with Crit/Vers to beat an 855 with Haste/Mastery. All gems/enchants should be Haste except for one Sabre's Eye of Intellect gem. Rule #1 - Fuck Icy Veins and Noxxic's weighted stats. Increased ilvl and legendaries really fuck with the priority. Join the Balance Discord. Discord
I would say ED throws everything out of whack. Being able to fit more starsurges in that small buff stack window AND eat empowerment charges quicker would likely increase haste's weight disproportionately to others. Icy veins has haste over everything else is what I meant.

Noodleface Noodleface Just what I'm used to, I guess. I honestly thought back fowards, left/right strafe was common. Unless you're some keyboard turner like @Crone . What's your movement keys?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eliminates three pinky hotkeys, scrublord. WASD is fine for other games, I've even gotten used to switching between WoW and other games. But there's just too many abilities in these types of games to not maximize what you can press(especially while moving).

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
For a pretentious faggot who spouts superior hotkey usage and simming, why you so bad at easy classes like prot warrior?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Proper hotkey usage/planning and simulation require no reflexes and split attention. Proper raid tanking does. This is fight dependent, of course.

My reflexes get worse as I get older. I don't even play FPSes any more because I can't compete at a satisfactory level. And I tend to tunnel vision pretty hard sometimes. Hearthstone was like the perfect game for me for a while because it as close to 0 reflexes as you can get. Too bad it's turned into (an even bigger)RNG fgt town.

There are aspects to prot warrior that are easy. In a vacuum, the rotation is so easy it's boring to most people. But once you throw in the other stuff you need watch during a fight, it's understandable to miss things like proper revenge timing and perfect SB and SS interactions. Or hitting your myriad of cooldowns exactly when you should.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use shift ctrl and vanilla 1 through 5 and then q, e, z, x, c, v, f as needed. Prot doesn't even have that many buttons now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've found hitting ctrl + any other key while moving is not as easy and leads to wrist/hand fatigue quickly. Same for shift/ctrl + numbers. Might have been the reason I went with esdf and limited shift usage with letter keys.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I play moonkin. 30 points into my artifact. Your AOE never really takes off unless you pick specific talents for doing AOE, but then your single target dps plummets. I can do 1.2 mil AOE and 160k single target, or 400k AOE and 270k single. There's no way to balance both, ironically. The rotation feels better and better the more haste you pick up. It's one of those classes that doesn't feel natural until you have a specific level of gear (30%+ haste).

I would concur until you get at or close to 30% haste the rotation just does not seem to work right. Once you get it to that level with the right talents it flows pretty well to the point of in most fights once I get rolling I am almost never casting any unempowered wraths or lunarfire or whatever its called now.

But still the initial ramp up to start doing good aoe is just to slow at the moment for things like mythic dungeons. I don't quite understand why they made starfall that much more expensive than starsurge probably should be the same cost. Although with my legendary I got I can proc free starfall or star surge by using the other power so I wind up getting a lot more AP free stuff which has helped out a lot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You've seriously never gotten hand/wrist fatigue from a long raiding session?

Here, give this a try. For the rest of the day, instead of copy/pasting your usual ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" response, type out a properly thought-out and lengthy post. That should wrack up quite the word count in a few hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've found hitting ctrl + any other key while moving is not as easy and leads to wrist/hand fatigue quickly. Same for shift/ctrl + numbers. Might have been the reason I went with esdf and limited shift usage with letter keys.
Years of mmos have hardened my hands to hitting ctrl and shift

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You've seriously never gotten hand/wrist fatigue from a long raiding session?

Here, give this a try. For the rest of the day, instead of copy/pasting your usual ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" response, type out a properly thought-out and lengthy post. That should wrack up quite the word count in a few hours.
Nope. You sound mad. Don't get worked up. Don't know if your heart and wrists can take it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Bro your wrist isn't stronk enough. You need to masturbate more to power-level that wrist.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am going to work on my keybinds though because I am not performing well.

Also used my ducky shine with mx blues last night and let's just say my fingers actually did get tired. It was a rough learning curve.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What did it replace? I got a mechanical recently and it was an improvement in fatigue. I was using a 10+ year old logitech membrane keyboard though previous...:rolleyes:Pressing some keys like shift or space bar at an angle wouldn't even budge them.

That said, I still don't think hitting ctrl-Q while forward strafing is a good idea nor one a keyboard can solve.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I use a shitty $5 mouse and $10 keyboard and have never had fatigued wrists and always perform in the 70th+ percentile. I need to get gwt my thrash relics to get back into 85/90 consistently :(