World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys don't use a Naga or something similar? I don't think I could do hot keys with my left hand anymore, I'm too old for that shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
@a c i d.f l y That could be your preference. You should reroll feral then ;) At ~18 hotkeys, a class has too many hotkeys and stuff to watch for me to handle adequately in addition to raid cooldowns and fires to stand in.

Fyff Fyff I'm still using a MX518. I'm considering a G502 or anything really with more buttons, might help. More easily pressed buttons doesn't mean you'll remember to hit them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You've seriously never gotten hand/wrist fatigue from a long raiding session?

Here, give this a try. For the rest of the day, instead of copy/pasting your usual ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" response, type out a properly thought-out and lengthy post. That should wrack up quite the word count in a few hours.

Pffff, I have that on macro. One button to post that whenever I want!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It replaced a membrane razer Arctosa which has very low profile keys. My hands weren't used to the higher profile keys but in the razer I fat fingered everything so I needed an upgrade. Plus I type and program a lot at home and this feels way better. It's gonna just take me a little bit to get used to it.

For ctrl and shift I only bind defensive or offensive cool downs. I typically don't need to activate those while running but if I do I just stretch.

In either case I am going to re-evaluate, especially with potential rotation changes coming soon.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You guys don't use a Naga or something similar? I don't think I could do hot keys with my left hand anymore, I'm too old for that shit.

I used to click and now everything is on my G13 and G600 - i couldnt imagine actually pressing anything in game anymore. I got my gf the same setup and she bitched for days and went back to clicking everything with the mouse.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think I could ever use another mouse after using the Naga. My right hand is so used o being the 1-12 now that it would feel foreign doing it any other way.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Seems like poor design given that the new class they rolled out is melee. Let's punish those that rolled this new fun class by never allowing them to be invited to raid groups!

not to mention they also changed a ranged spec to a melee one that no one wants to play

Would love a 6 druid 19 hunter raid.

funny thing is hunters are actually middle to low tier DPS. Only fights they (and by they, i mean MM) really shine on is eye tree and helya.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Welp, had to stop M Odyn progression tonight since we just don't have enough fucking ranged for this retarded fight. This shit is awful.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
You've seriously never gotten hand/wrist fatigue from a long raiding session?

Here, give this a try. For the rest of the day, instead of copy/pasting your usual ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" response, type out a properly thought-out and lengthy post. That should wrack up quite the word count in a few hours.

I was close to getting carpal tunnel about 8-9 years ago. Then I started using a MSFT ergonomic keyboard and a wristpad.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes I'm tempted to jump into WoW, but the colossal shitstorm of complexity to the game keeps me away.

Did Legion do away with a lot of that? Coming from a Vanilla/WotLK background, the shit going on is borderline incomprehensible for a "new" player.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say depends on what your goals is. If it's to mythic raid or the high mythic + dungeons, then you will probably want to know the inns and outs of your spec(Stat weights, how to sim, proper rotation etc). If not either of those things, then it doesn't really matter.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sometimes I'm tempted to jump into WoW, but the colossal shitstorm of complexity to the game keeps me away.

Did Legion do away with a lot of that? Coming from a Vanilla/WotLK background, the shit going on is borderline incomprehensible for a "new" player.

I don't know what would be THAT new since the wrath era. Stuff changes for every class every expac and every expac has its own mechanics and structures that are only dependent on itself. There's never been a WoW expansion where you couldn't level a character and figure out what you're doing by time you cap. If you want to figure out the basics and use the 100 boost right away, watch a 15 minute YouTube guide to the spec and you'll be fine.

About the only non third grade level thing is addons, and to start you can grab ElvUI or similar and be fine.

Of course there's a ton of minutiae to Legion, but that's every expac and you don't need to know anything about the previous ones to play now.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Having not played since early Cata myself, it took me about a week to get back in to the flow of things if that helps.