World of Warcraft: Current Year

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't complain. I just stayed a fact. Unless you are a poopsocker there is really no content too hard and that dictates you keed to play a certain class, especially as a tank
That is true. I certainly don't theorycraft to exploit that knowledge. It's just fun to tweak some knobs and see the results.

There's also something to be said for playing a class that you know is powerful, even if you're never going to use that advantage. Nobody like playing a gimp, even if it's a perceived gimp.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nobody like playing a gimp, even if it's a perceived gimp.

I ran H EN as my Demon Hunter last week to prove a point. Yes, EN is easy at this point because we've done all of the hard work, but at the end of the day, this means that it came down to "can we heal a DH through this", and the answer was yes, without any issues. Some classes have advantages over others in certain situations. At the end of the day, though, things aren't as impossible as some would make them out to be.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is like retard levels of easy. What knobs are there to tweak? Especially for tanking? Hit Iron Fur, Hit Iron Fur again, win?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This game is like retard levels of easy. What knobs are there to tweak? Especially for tanking? Hit Iron Fur, Hit Iron Fur again, win?
Well that's your problem. A bear can show up and just sit there and pump out 250k dps while not pressing buttons.

Meanwhile I'm giving her all she's got and doing 12k dps

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The knobs are talents, artifact traits, gear(mostly stat weights), and encounter type(M+ or tank n spank?).

And don't forget rotation priority!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Artifact traits? You get them all, what theory crafting is there to do on artifact traits? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the general groupthink inside your discord channel as to what's best for any of that other stuff is going to be better then anything you could come up with. It's just not that hard to unlock. This game is stupid simple.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Running Gebuz's dps calculator sheet based on my current gear to determine which trinket is optimum, is probably one of the shittiest things Blizzard has allowed to happen in a long time. As much as a pain in the ass it was to reforge gear, simply going to Askmrrobot to get my ideal stat weights, and where trinkets were clearly better for one class or another, not crazily dependent upon situation (gear, build, single target or aoe). They wanted to add diversity to classes, and they have, but it's not the diversity we asked for. I shouldn't have to choose between good single target, or good multi-target. I should be choosing between whether I use one spell or another because I like that spell, not because it is fundamentally better in a niche situation. Kind of asking for a lot, but just look at how the game played previously. Wrath, most dps classes had very good AOE *and* very good single target dps. The same could be said for tanking...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Order of trait acquisition, not everyone has time to fill out their weapon immediately. Or they don't want to waste their initial points down the less impactful path. Also, this dictates which relics are best.

Groupthink can be misleading. It tends to be dominated by people that raid and what's best for raiding might not be best for M+. Coming to the same conclusion as the groupthink will give you a better understanding of the game instead of just doing what they say.

I don't want to have to rely on other people to tell me what pieces of gear to wear and what buttons to push. Figuring that stuff out myself is part of the game. It's fun sometimes, and needlessly complex others.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you're 7/7M / 3/3M then, right? It's all just pressing buttons, bro.
Am I living in some weird fucking alternate universe where theorycrafting is actually hard in WoW? You guys are making it seem like in order to press the right buttons in this game you have to have a fucking degree from Harvard and spent hours pouring over every single scenario.

If you really want it to be personal sure, I have defeated every Mythic boss I have faced this expansion. Never in any of those fights was the perfect rotation a problem. Never in any of those fights did I have to call in Dr. Deathwing to analyze when to press Shield Wall. In fact, the hardest parts of any fight in this tier of raids on the mythic level is coordination, not anything you can quantify through theory crafting rotations or specs.

Same thing pretty much goes for Mythic+ as well. Like did you take all of your stuns? Did you max out on your aoe damage? Did you rotate your kicks? Grats, you won!