World of Warcraft: Current Year

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
They buffed the fuck out of Wellspring to 450% healing and at the same time nerfed Chain heal by 5%

I played around with it during our alt/BS heroic EN/Ntov last night and I was having fun with it.

Shooting out a cone wave of healing is a pretty thematically fun spell but since no one used it before the buff I had people try and dodge it when I used it on Normal Helya.

Ascendance and High Tide are both super clutch abilities so I'm not sure how viable it is even with the buffs. If I had Jonats it wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, am I the only resto shaman here?
Still being carried I see

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
They buffed the fuck out of Wellspring to 450% healing and at the same time nerfed Chain heal by 5%

I played around with it during our alt/BS heroic EN/Ntov last night and I was having fun with it.

Shooting out a cone wave of healing is a pretty thematically fun spell but since no one used it before the buff I had people try and dodge it when I used it on Normal Helya.

Ascendance and High Tide are both super clutch abilities so I'm not sure how viable it is even with the buffs. If I had Jonats it wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, am I the only resto shaman here?

Nah i swapped mains to my shaman. I tried out wellspring...The issues are it doesnt synergize with cloudburst totem and HT is still just so good. You can put out some decent numbers with wellspring but if you are using CB, HT will always be better. In most cases where you are casting CH, HT will always be better too.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Feral and Balance got annoyingly nurfed. 50k DPS drop on average, and both rotations are now fucked because of the change to Haste per % for Balance, and Crit/Dmg% modifiers on Feral. Surgeweaving is no longer a thing after the The Emerald Dreamcatcher nurf - you get maybe 2-3 extra Starsurges, instead of ~16 seconds of Lunar Wrath/Starsurge (or 8 extra Starsurges on avg). The only real benefit of the changes is that I don't really care as much about Haste breakpoints, so I can generally equip my highest ilvl, as long as it's not Crit/Vers. Really annoyed at the ED change, since the style of play it enabled was actually fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It'll be interesting to see what kind of balance tweaks they make in a few weeks. A lot of specs gained HUGE percentages in DPS on Tuesday. One DH went from 450k DPS to nearly 600k. I stayed roughly the same as ret.

The argument could be made that they're balancing around tier sets and balancing won't occur until 7.2 (as opposed to the knee jerk balancing they did in the first couple weeks of EN).

Really? Our ret jumped pretty significantly.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Patch got me to resub. SP doesnt have to be a spastic suicide bomb of a gameplay any longer? Yes pls.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Follow up question. How simple are shadow priests. One reason to keep the wife as that rather then a warlock would be still heal boring for basic 5mans etc, but then again if i go holy paly maybe reverse that situation.

She does like doting stuff up, want a huge fan of mind flaying things once she unlocked it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
SP is now a single dot really. And this dot is rarely refreshed. And you still mind flay.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait a fuckin' second. Did they sneak in upgrading crafted items up to 865 under the radar, or am I completely oblivious?

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
What the fuck did they do to tab targeting, its fucking awful.

Also why so much RNG to get god damn marks of honor? Fucking ridiculous

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Guild killed mythic Helya last night. Glad we got it in before NH but I'm a tad salty I got sat post-patch after putting the learning work in since enh damage went into the fucking dumpster.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Really? Our ret jumped pretty significantly.
Does he have Chain of Thrayn? I had the two BiS legendaries pre-7.1.5 (Chain is now BiS by a large margin - which is ironic because it had 0 impact on DPS before the patch). The two legendaries I had were fairly substantially nerfed so in spite of the 12% across-the-board damage increase, my DPS pre and post patch is pretty much the same. I'm simming about 30k higher if I replace my leg cloak with Chain.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Aff lock feels great, only 871, but finally feel useful in groups. Haven't done a real raid yet since patch, but will this weekend with my alliance guild. No DPS leg. Not really up to date on lock info, but Bough of Corruption trinket used to be BiS, if still is, I'd advise anyone playing a lock now to get one asap. It procs like crazy for me. Took a hit to my haste with patch, so UA & Seed feels sluggish again.

Havoc DH is fun as hell.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does he have Chain of Thrayn? I had the two BiS legendaries pre-7.1.5 (Chain is now BiS by a large margin - which is ironic because it had 0 impact on DPS before the patch). The two legendaries I had were fairly substantially nerfed so in spite of the 12% across-the-board damage increase, my DPS pre and post patch is pretty much the same. I'm simming about 30k higher if I replace my leg cloak with Chain.

I believe so yeah. Cause he was always whining about not having cloak and having the stupid belt ;P

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Addon question bros

If you watch a lot of method videos you'll notice they all seem to have this addon that has notes in the top left. Telling people where to stand, what markers, etc. Anyone know what that is?

Does it allow one person to send out changes to every raid member?

Also what's the best addon to manage raid cool downs. Can exorsus do that?