World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any good kinda guides of the top of your heads for current content mechanics. Ie archaelogy and these other shit your doing? Last played in lich King so Garrison's etc is new.

Going to be lost just trying to see some of the previous expansions content leveling thru it. Do look forward to new dead mines.

I see racials changed a lot, need to take any of them seriously or just play whatever.

With this transmog stuff does that include old great and weapons? Ashkandi graphic would be priceless.
All the stuff like Archaeology and Pet battles are fluff if you wanna do it but it's not necessary by any means. wowhead has some good guides on it if you can filter through the noise.

Racials are with in 3% DPS of each other. For example here is a sim someone did for the hunter racials -

https://puu.sh/thWZ3/684e839f0b.png

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Oh, and affliction lock simple? Only playing because wife wants to. She's new to games so pretty long hill to climb skills wise and not sure if her continuing to play a priest is ideal. She wanted to play shadow even though so far she's been forced to just heal bot my vanilla emu warrior.

affliction is seriously a "rotation" on single target, 2(3) insta dots, 2 cast time dots (UA), instant cast ability, drain soul, repeat. prepatch i was doing 140kish dps on my aff lock now im doing 220+ at a fairly low ilevel. not sure if it scales well or not but its pretty fun to play.

joz123

Potato del Grande
affliction is seriously a "rotation" on single target, 2(3) insta dots, 2 cast time dots (UA), instant cast ability, drain soul, repeat. prepatch i was doing 140kish dps on my aff lock now im doing 220+ at a fairly low ilevel. not sure if it scales well or not but its pretty fun to play.
If you take contagion then rotation is kinda different where you spread out UA's and dont just chain cast them otherwise it is the same. I dont get why the icy veins guide says to use reap souls after casting dots tho since you want the added damage on the dots and not just drain soul, makes no sense.

Last edited:

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
If you take contagion then rotation is kinda different where you spread out UA's and dont just chain cast them otherwise it is the same. I dont get why the icy veins guide says to use reap souls after casting dots tho since you want the added damage on the dots and not just drain soul, makes no sense.

DoTs don't tick immediately. It's the same reason you generally do 2x ua into reap, because that reap will affect the first tick of both UAs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Affliction Locks were already doing pretty decent damage at high gear levels pre-patch. I can only imagine what they're capable of now. And their AE is probably the best in the game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So this Brawler's Guild is pretty fun. Never played MoP and didn't do it at all in WoD but it's kinda cool.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I loved my aff lock alt leveling in vanilla always felt a little broken. Will try to set trash get into that add probably being more noob friendly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My lock is only 101 or something but I leveled it traditionally and it plays really nice.

Not a fan of that stupid Idol you put next to the boss for added damage

Jox

Molten Core Raider
The Aff lock in my guild was doing 450k pre patch, now doing 600k on single target. 886 ilvl, 0 dps legendaries, I'd say they scale pretty well.

Rime

<Donor>
Downed Mythic Xavius. Would have had it in November, but the guild went on 'break' from Thanksgiving until the New Year, pretty much.

Cenarius was amusing. We have such high DPS (3 Shadow Priests, 2 Retribution Paladins, 2 Fire Mages) that we did our own strat of 'blood lust at the start to get him into the last phase with only two sets of adds'. Also helps that we have something along the lines of an average item level of 882.

People only got the 'fire' to push for it once they heard it was going away on the 17th. Oh well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's just the zerg strat that has been around a while(for cenarius) and the norm really for most guilds, hardly "our own strat". But grats.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It'll be interesting to see what kind of balance tweaks they make in a few weeks. A lot of specs gained HUGE percentages in DPS on Tuesday. One DH went from 450k DPS to nearly 600k. I stayed roughly the same as ret.

The argument could be made that they're balancing around tier sets and balancing won't occur until 7.2 (as opposed to the knee jerk balancing they did in the first couple weeks of EN).

Rime

<Donor>
The three Hunters in my guild all want to re-roll for Nighthold because of how heavily their class was gutted by the patch. Still hard to believe how many Shadow Priests were crying that the sky was falling and they are still on top for the majority of encounters.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Our shadow priest said that his tier bonuses are very minor increases in throughput so everyone else will catch up to the numbers he's doing now.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
They buffed the fuck out of Wellspring to 450% healing and at the same time nerfed Chain heal by 5%

I played around with it during our alt/BS heroic EN/Ntov last night and I was having fun with it.

Shooting out a cone wave of healing is a pretty thematically fun spell but since no one used it before the buff I had people try and dodge it when I used it on Normal Helya.

Ascendance and High Tide are both super clutch abilities so I'm not sure how viable it is even with the buffs. If I had Jonats it wouldn't stand a chance.

Also, am I the only resto shaman here?