World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm sure at max level it will see use. but actually pretty disapointed with alchemy leveling. With no need for mana basically, and shit everything dies in one blood thirst. Doesnt seem useful. The armor pot increases armor by 1?? but doesnt even seem to reflect +1 on stat screen. And even with new scaling 1 is like nothing. Vs before it was good for a few %.

So far most use just out of swim speed and I suppose the crit potion, sure the stones might be of use later.

Was hoping fishing got faster or more interesting like everything else.

Took me a while to figure out the mass area loot and looting shit others had taggged?? and resources nodes spawning for multiple people in a spot.
I love your posts. You're a dude discovering how great they made a lot of the game. Wait until you're 110 though...

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, I knew things would change, but I'm suprised. Most of it is really really good. Though i'd say shits a bit too easy. Vanilla is like dark souls tedious and slow, but this is... like i said seems odd a like lv 22 dungeon getting like retard proof face rolled by 19/20's is off.

If nothing else, it's going to be fun just for the $15 sub getting to 100. I'm so excited about how some of the classes work so differently like when I jumped on my wifes priest, I want to try many of them.

PS: Why the fuck is kingsblood etc come in petals to combine into a real herb? Or maybe that's only from the lowby dungeon

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's because your skill is too low to gather the actual full herb. Once your skill is higher you get whole pieces.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure at max level it will see use. but actually pretty disapointed with alchemy leveling. With no need for mana basically, and shit everything dies in one blood thirst. Doesnt seem useful. The armor pot increases armor by 1?? but doesnt even seem to reflect +1 on stat screen. And even with new scaling 1 is like nothing. Vs before it was good for a few %.

So far most use just out of swim speed and I suppose the crit potion, sure the stones might be of use later.

Was hoping fishing got faster or more interesting like everything else.

Took me a while to figure out the mass area loot and looting shit others had taggged?? and resources nodes spawning for multiple people in a spot.

The only pots you'll be using at max level are Flasks (Str, Agi, Int, Stam) and maybe health pots. You can craft max level shit at 1/800, but you need 800 to make a Cauldrons (for group flask distribution, that's expensive as fuck). I wouldn't even bother trying to level crafting anymore, since it's pointless.

Fishing stays the same, but now you have crazy bobbers and shit, and can pull up two different mounts. Haven't found much use for fishing than it ever has been -- mostly novelty.

You can loot things you've attacked, regardless of who tagged it, unless it was someone from the opposite faction. With world quests and everyone being in the same area at level 110, it would be absolutely maddening if you had to tag mobs first for credit.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ya, I knew things would change, but I'm suprised. Most of it is really really good. Though i'd say shits a bit too easy. Vanilla is like dark souls tedious and slow, but this is... like i said seems odd a like lv 22 dungeon getting like retard proof face rolled by 19/20's is off.

Wait until you're 110, since the game isn't about the leveling experience anymore.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wait until you're 110, since the game isn't about the leveling experience anymore.
I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it isn't about the leveling experience. WoD and Legion had some pretty good leveling experiences. They finally embraced leveling as a mostly solo experience and brought back the RPG in the MMORPG.

I'll agree that Pre-WoD, leveling is pretty lackluster.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
No more AotC/CE: Xavius after today's patch. Makes little sense unless Blizzard is legitimately saying that EN was waaaay too easy at all levels. Derp.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does that make little sense? The next raid tier is coming out. Guldan drops 895 gear on Heroic. Let's all blow through and get 895 gear so we can take on a "harder" difficulty to get an achievement for getting 880 gear.

Rime

<Donor>
'Technically' Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, and Nighthold are all the same 'raid tier'.

Or, alternatively, Nighthold is the first raid tier and the other two were just feeders.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No more AotC/CE: Xavius after today's patch. Makes little sense unless Blizzard is legitimately saying that EN was waaaay too easy at all levels. Derp.
They do this every time a new tier is released. Same thing in wod with high maul when brf was released.

We didn't even get aotc back then. We were a normal guild mostly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can't wait to see how overtuned NH is tonight!
We finally killed heroic helya last night. I know the mythic guys say it wasn't hard but for a strictly heroic guild it was a battle for us for weeks. I also notice a lot of heroic guilds recruiting with 2/3 H ToV. Hoping heroic nighthold is not a cock block.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The final boss of a raid for your "level" of raiding should be hard. I don't get it. You complained that Odyn was way too easy because they made one minor tuning pass but then you complain Helya was too tough. Are you bipolar?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The final boss of a raid for your "level" of raiding should be hard. I don't get it. You complained that Odyn was way too easy because they made one minor tuning pass but then you complain Helya was too tough. Are you bipolar?
We wiped on the original heroic Odyn like 50.times. After they tuned him we killed him the first shot. Heroic helya was pretty hard for us.

Part of it also comes from how easy EN was for us. I used to raid 7 days a week in vanilla as a server first guild so I do know the struggle. It just felt out of place for fights to take us so long. I suppose the latter half of a tier raid to be difficult for us.

Also I like to complain.

Also legion did many things right and a lot of stuff wrong. Am I the only one that thinks that? Like major class changes against what they said they'd do, nerfing specs and fucking over artifacts, world quests being gay, etc.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea it should have been hard for a heroic guild, i think there was some major scaling issues in ToV were a little fucked.

We are starting NH on heroic tonight and *technically* as a mythic guild we should be able to complete it in this lockout. if you are a Heroic guild you should struggle a bit and maybe take 2-3 lockouts to complete it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, should be able to complete everything except Gul'Dan perhaps.

He's the first raid boss that drops higher ilvl gear than the rest of the dungeon this expansion so I imagine he's going to be quite a bit harder than everything else in NH.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
They do this every time a new tier is released. Same thing in wod with high maul when brf was released.

We didn't even get aotc back then. We were a normal guild mostly.

From what I read, HM AotC/CE were still available until the next actual tier was out (HFC if I remember right, correct me if I'm wrong), and HM/BRF were considered a single tier. EN, ToV and NH are considered a single tier as well (t19 and its precursors). AotC/CE:Helya are still available until Tomb of Sargeras, but Xavius ended today. They changed the text description of the Feats of Strength for Xavius in the 7.1.5 patch to say "before the Nighthold opens" instead of "before the release of the next tier of content" or whatever it was before.

Just seems odd. It's like an admission that EN wasn't tuned properly and too many people are getting AotC/CE for their liking.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Also I like to complain.

Let's be fair here: Some of the behaviour on these raids, and I don't mean the boss tuning, has given cause for complaint. Multiple deaths to the same shit every pull? Check. Not flasking/eating on progression? Check. Showing up after weeks of hiatus and instantly talking about loot? Check.

I just want to make shit dead, so I try to ignore that stuff and do my part, but you're not the only one muttering about those damn kids on the lawn. Some of these things are the reason that we took so long on Helya, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
From what I read, HM AotC/CE were still available until the next actual tier was out (HFC if I remember right, correct me if I'm wrong), and HM/BRF were considered a single tier. EN, ToV and NH are considered a single tier as well (t19 and its precursors). AotC/CE:Helya are still available until Tomb of Sargeras, but Xavius ended today. They changed the text description of the Feats of Strength for Xavius in the 7.1.5 patch to say "before the Nighthold opens" instead of "before the release of the next tier of content" or whatever it was before.

Just seems odd. It's like an admission that EN wasn't tuned properly and too many people are getting AotC/CE for their liking.
You're right I misremembered.