World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's better than WOD

Hell the fact that there clearly is another raiding tier past 7.2 puts it pretty head and shoulder above wod. Compared to wod after the tomb came out you would have nothing coming until the next expansion. They seem to be holding to a reasonable pace so far at least hope they can keep that up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hell the fact that there clearly is another raiding tier past 7.2 puts it pretty head and shoulder above wod. Compared to wod after the tomb came out you would have nothing coming until the next expansion. They seem to be holding to a reasonable pace so far at least hope they can keep that up.
Not just any raid tier

ARGUS

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say this has been one of the best expansions so far for keeping me playing my main and not alting it up like crazy after the first couple raids come out. There are still a bunch of things I am actively working on with my main for skin unlocks and artifact stuff just did the archeology thing to get my ghostly moose mount. I really do like the way they are doing the rares this go round for that if you want the item you can get it without being totally at RNG mercy.

The artifact talent stuff is at least some carrot to look forward to as well to unlock for some sense of progress which is nice. I think its a decent AAXP type design where they can have it specific to an expansion and then introduce something like it again with expansions as we go forward to keep them fresher and allow them to do different things pretty easily.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why, just due to account wide tracking of some items?

Apparently the 110 achievement it uses to track WQ emissary completions and Weekly M+ Chest is account wide. So it uses the date the first char on your account hit 110 to calculate that stuff.

Khane

Just a friendly reminder for anyone who cares to think about saving WQ emissary caches for 7.2/Tomb opening.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have to say this has been one of the best expansions so far for keeping me playing my main and not alting it up like crazy after the first couple raids come out. There are still a bunch of things I am actively working on with my main for skin unlocks and artifact stuff just did the archeology thing to get my ghostly moose mount. I really do like the way they are doing the rares this go round for that if you want the item you can get it without being totally at RNG mercy.

The artifact talent stuff is at least some carrot to look forward to as well to unlock for some sense of progress which is nice. I think its a decent AAXP type design where they can have it specific to an expansion and then introduce something like it again with expansions as we go forward to keep them fresher and allow them to do different things pretty easily.
Archaelogy is only vanilla area's right. I was lead to believe zero reason to do it, but theres some cooler high level mounts etc from it now? I should be 100 by now but got slowed down trying to keep with wife and being bedridden for a week with my broken and now surgically fixed back. Still trying to understand wtf things work with legion.

Like I get grinding AP, but there's kill points too or something? Legendaries random, is it based on loot spec at least so you don't level your main and get some shit for the wrong spec?

What is the void storage in stormwind? Is that like across character bank?

I'm sure you can solo BWL, but I saw a bunch of people turning in .... fuck forget the raid with Algalon in dalaran. Is that kind of thing able to be done from 2 exacs ago with like a 5man or still need a pug raid? I would really love the transmogs for some of the stuff from cata and lich king.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Archaelogy is only vanilla area's right. I was lead to believe zero reason to do it, but theres some cooler high level mounts etc from it now? I should be 100 by now but got slowed down trying to keep with wife and being bedridden for a week with my broken and now surgically fixed back. Still trying to understand wtf things work with legion.

Like I get grinding AP, but there's kill points too or something? Legendaries random, is it based on loot spec at least so you don't level your main and get some shit for the wrong spec?

What is the void storage in stormwind? Is that like across character bank?

I'm sure you can solo BWL, but I saw a bunch of people turning in .... fuck forget the raid with Algalon in dalaran. Is that kind of thing able to be done from 2 exacs ago with like a 5man or still need a pug raid? I would really love the transmogs for some of the stuff from cata and lich king.
Kill points are imaginary points we use to determine how close we are to 100% drop rate on our next legendary. Certain activities are proven to drop them so Everytime you do one it increases your chances. This is because blizzard stated they have "bad luck" code so that everyone will get legendaries eventually. They use your loot spec but there are some awful legendaries, most notably are ones that everyone can get like sephuz secret.

You can solo every old raid, although some mechanics can still wipe you. Some from the end of mop might be harder and probably cant solo WOD unless you're an OP solo class I'd imagine. For stuff cata and prior it's really simple stuff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Arch goes all the way to the Legion areas, but it's significantly different in legion than everywhere else. In legion you get a specific zone's digsites for two weeks and a quest to do random stuff in those digs (find extra copies of a book, find rare jewels, do so many digs, etc). The rare archaeology stuff comes from finishing those quests.

Sludig

Worthwhile really though? Imagine wowhead or something would have a list of any "good" rewards? Nothing to do with actual legendaries or anything important right.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Worthwhile really though? Imagine wowhead or something would have a list of any "good" rewards? Nothing to do with actual legendaries or anything important right.
It's all flavor items (mount, toys, pets, etc) or AP. It's not like fishing where you get another artifact and some bonuses with it (fast swim speed, water walking, stealth-while-fishing).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know if they changed arch but when it launched it was so fucking dumb. Putting down stupid surveyor shits to find items. No thanks

• 1Salty

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Anyone's guild run Heroic NH today or tomorrow before 9pm EST? Missed the first 4 bosses because of Valentine's day and don't feel like pugging it.

Sick Frost DK dps.
Booze plays again, can just have me and xzi xzi heal and you can tank again with him. I know you miss him.

Sludig

How does being cross server and guilds work? Is it a limited pool of servers that are grouped, or ?? I'm on icecrown but I swear I see more of other servers than my own. Not sure how to shop for guilds when I'm ready when I have a larger pool than just icecrown?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Only a few servers actually have cross-server guilding available. Generally very low pop servers are connected to another realm or two which all act as ONE server, meaning you can join a guild if your server is connected.

However this is not the same as cross-realm instancing, which is basically a huge clump of servers can be in the same areas, the same dungeons, etc, but they're not technically all one server.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You can solo every old raid, although some mechanics can still wipe you. Some from the end of mop might be harder and probably cant solo WOD unless you're an OP solo class I'd imagine. For stuff cata and prior it's really simple stuff.

Pretty much everything in MoP is soloable except for a couple of the 25m heroic mechanic dps checks, unless you're OP as hell. Everything in MoP is easily done with 2 people. WoD is a bit of a different story at this point. I was able to solo 10m Normal HM, but I don't think I could do Heroic. Last time I tried, I couldn't even get past Butcher. Too many stacks, too quickly.

Khane

I don't think they fucked up with the AP grind at all. If the system they are proposing for 7.2 had been in place at release the situation would have been exponentially worse because then you literally would be locked into a character. Could you imagine going through an exponentially increasing grind and getting close to cap only to have your current spec get fucking wrecked by the nerf train?

This longstanding idea that Blizzard holds about power difference needs to die. In that blue post they are literally saying "It's not fair that someone who plays twice as much is 10% more powerful". Enough with that shit already, they are NEVER going to be able to keep people who play 5 hours a week from falling behind people who play 50 hours a week. It's absurd that they think they can or that they think it's good practice. The linear progression of the 4th golden trait was nice. It gave us all something to work towards without feeling like insurmountable.

The AP rewards based on dungeon timers is a nice change though. Definitely should get more AP for completing a HoV than a Maw.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Their numbers aren't even correct, it's 5.5 million AP to get the first 35 then 60 million for a 10% difference. So in the new system if someone that plays twice as much is going to have a 1.5% advantage it will end up the same.