World of Warcraft: Current Year

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They made it so you have so much to do that playing alts is actually hard.

I find it really fun myself. Our guild numbers seem to show that more people like it than they did WoD.
More to do how? I'm honestly completely lost and haven't looked into MMOs in a while. Last I played we were doing Heroic ToES 3/4 10 man lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
More to do how? I'm honestly completely lost and haven't looked into MMOs in a while. Last I played we were doing Heroic ToES 3/4 10 man lol.
Upgrading your artifact weapons is a never-ending treadmill - sort of like AA's but for your weapon.

They've been pushing out raid content fairly quickly

One of the best ways to get gear and level your weapon is running Mythic+ dungeons - sort of like rifts in D3. This is never-ending

Also world quests (rotating dailies)

There's a lot to do. Gone are the days of sitting in town waiting around

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Content and balance wise the game is as good (better?) as it's ever been.

The main gripes that people have are with the loot/reward system which is rng heavy and can be frustrating if you lose the legendary lottery.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

The main gripes that people have are with the loot/reward system which is rng heavy and can be frustrating if you lose the legendary lottery.

The legendary lottery got a whole lot better lately though at least. Much easier to get them now.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

They've made great strides at flattening out the power disparity between legendary items though. It may be unpopular to say so, but the only people that are truly effected by not having their two BiS legendaries are mythic progression raiders. If you're in a guild that is only raiding normal or heroic NH, the encounters you're facing are not tuned around everyone having their 2 BiS legendaries and 54 points in their artifact.

On another note, maybe I'm giving Blizzard too much credit, but I think the "paragon" points in artifact weapons were intended to be an elegant way to lower the barrier to entry for raiding/challenging content for casual players. In previous tiers they nerfed boss damage and hp and boosted player damage and healing across the board when the release of the next raid tier was imminent. Nobody feels good about clearing a raid "after it's been nerfed" though, so they experimented with warforging and valor upgrades as a way for players to continuously improve their characters and have agency with their content consumption/availability. I think paragon traits are the next iteration of those ideas.

With the planned AP changes in 7.2, I think the paragon trait system will be the best method they've implemented to steadily lower the barrier-to-entry and make challenging content more accessible.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The legendary rng shit is so goddamn infuriating. I was basically behind and fucked right from the start of the expansion. I was the second to last person in my raid to get a legendary. Some people had already gotten two before I got my first. I'm watching folks around me now getting their sixth while I'm still waiting for my fifth and hoping I finally get my first throughput item. It's ridiculous to be able to be this far behind others that I play about the same amount of time with purely from rng.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I finished my "equip 2 legendaries" perk less than 12 hours after i got my first one and i hit 110 less than 24 hours from launch. i am now waiting on my 5th, saw a mage in my guild get 2 in back to back M+'s and another player get 3 over the course of 3 weeks who has barely any M+ time. true RNG really is true RNG it looks like.

There is a huge second hand market for fresh 110 accounts at the moment with bis legendaries (i know Method and i think i heard of another top guild) buying up characters like that specifically DH/Mages/Shadowpriests(during early ToV/late EN). since its so easy to get your first legendary in 3-4 M+ runs, or 5-6 emissary or carry raids if its bad just delete the character and re level, we had a guy level 4 different demon hunters until he got 1 that got the anger of the half giants as his first.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yep. I did the overnight grind (with a not so efficient group, my god) and was 110 in 14 hours. My first legendary was not until about 2 weeks after I finished the legendary research.

Watching Notcal on twitter, poor guy also had to level multiples just to get a decent leg for ret. Took him forever. It is absolute bullshit that that's a viable way to actually be useful this expac. I am fucking sick of being the first melee on the bench every time, not because of mechanics or survivability or general skill (I specifically asked this), but because my character is just always going to be the worst damage of all the melee and just playing better can't compensate for it.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I was a guy sitting on 100M gold or whatever is a lot these days, I would absolutely be buying tokens to reroll/boost characters until one of them got the bis legendaries in the first two drops. Not that it's at all necessary for the content that I'm doing, just triggers my ocd knowing that mine are crap in comparison.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Trying to establish yourself as a high level mythic guild must be aids constantly rerolling for legendaries

it's been like 5 months and I'm still salty about the boots i got on my palladin

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Upgrading your artifact weapons is a never-ending treadmill - sort of like AA's but for your weapon.

They've been pushing out raid content fairly quickly

One of the best ways to get gear and level your weapon is running Mythic+ dungeons - sort of like rifts in D3. This is never-ending

Also world quests (rotating dailies)

There's a lot to do. Gone are the days of sitting in town waiting around
Hm.. I'll have to look into the gear/weapon shit. Dailies are not fun and are a big reason why I quit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hm.. I'll have to look into the gear/weapon shit. Dailies are not fun and are a big reason why I quit.
They're not really required. Early on they're a great way to gear up and get Order Resources/Gold/AP. After your Order Hall is all setup you don't really need to do them unless you need some Order Resources (the bi-weekly raid mission).

The one thing the WQs are great for is if you do the 4 (or 3) required for a specific zone everyday they award you with a cache that has gear, gold, AP, and even more importantly one of the better chances for a legendary item.

The weapon upgrades replaces the need for getting weapon drops and combines that with an AA advancement system. First 34 traits are all % increases for stats or new abilities, after that it goes into a single bonus that increase health and damage by 0.5% (up to 10%).

I was one of those dudes preaching here about how I didn't like the expansion. It took me awhile but now I'm so goddamn addicted it isn't funny.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Really awesome video from Thete on why damage meters are bad for raid progress. It's long, but treat it like a podcast and listen to it in the background. It's good stuff for you progression raiders out there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought a Darkmoon immortality deck for the monk. That along with the legendary and a few other trinkets shojld set me up for awhile. I feel like that was a purchase towards official monkness

xzi

Mouthbreather
Friend sent me this today looking at that Fires of Heaven relic

lold

O2ktT1C.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
darkmoon card is really good on a monk, that was the first thing i invested in after getting my 10 Bloods.

we made some good progress on mythic krosus last night (got him to 11% and 8%) before hitting enrage, we were at ~9.4million dps and we need about 9.56 million to kill him so its just a matter of keeping all the dps up throughout the fight. I brought the warrior spec'd into anger management/booming voice and just played the cooldown game, basically i have to have a cooldown up at all times or i'm toast, i also need dps classes to soak the slams. the fight is a bit weird because it tends to get easier as the fight goes since youre not dealing with as much real estate to soak and healing cooldowns hit more of the raid, if you can survive up to the 7th slam/orb combo with everyone alive you win.