World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
so i got my first run through Mythic NH last night on the monk

Skorpyron - Felt better and not nearly as spikey on the Monk i missed having a shockwave every add wave but i was able to just grab the volatiles and not worry about the tank on boss having to drag them away. overall i felt better on the monk here but it was close either class was probably 50/50

CA - we had a few wipes on this guy and it took me a little to figure out how to manage my brews with the speed buff and maneuvering we do on this fight. Overall i felt better on the warrior for this fight just because when im dragging the boss from one side to the other i had more oh shit cooldowns, leap is also a little better than chi torpedo for traveling across the room as well. pretty even but i felt like the warrior had a slide edge here.

Triliax - this fight felt a lot better on the monk, i had a purify for every arcane slash and the damage was almost non-existent until we lost a few folks at the end. when the add spawns after the first annihilate i was getting trucked even with a Last stand and demo shout/SR up due to the timing of the add ticks + arcane slash + seepage during those few seconds that is usually the 2nd arcane slash stack so even with buffs up its hitting for 1/2 my hp on the warrior so if im not topped off and take a few unlucky melee swings i drop. with the monk i just face tanked it and purified right after the swing.

Krosus - we are still progressing on this fight and didn't have an optimal composition (too many healers) as some of our dps weren't online last night due to storms. so we did dry runs with no consumables to get people more comfortable with soaking the swirls and getting their positions down. the monk just flat out felt like i was cheating the game here. on the warrior we had a soak rotation with a BoP paladin taking one, a DH with netherwalk taking one, a turtle hunter, a survival instinct feral etc on the monk i can just lol and purify every slam and completely ignore one due to zen meditation. i honestly was shocked at the disparity in warrior vs monk here. our best attempt was 8% last week using our optimal team hopefully we get him tonight with a full night of attempts and no warrior gimps =p.

I am still parsing terribly even though im 902 now. its all playstyle, my BoC usage is shit i'm going to need to build a WA to yell at me when i dont empower TP, i had 1/3rd of my tigerpalms not empowered last night and my average damage on them is shit due to that. i am also having issues with holding agro off my DH cotank, he is doing around 100k more dps and i know its nothing to do with gear and all to do with me being suboptimal at the moment.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you find a good rotation WA let me know. Sunnier's is OK at best

Might have to make my own

You're first mistake is trying to use a rotation WA.

I know you're a software developer and I had gotten myself into the same trap when I first really started playing again this expansion thinking I could create a routine via some addon to just yell at me for what button to press but you're really doing yourself a disservice if you play that way.

There is enough randomness in every encounter in WoW that it simply just doesn't work out. Using WA/Tell Me When to create cooldown timers and tracking is great and very useful. But trying to use those addons to tell you how to play your class will leave you as a mediocre player at best. You need to be able to react to your cooldowns and the situation on your own rather than relying on those addons to try to tell you what button to press. There are way too many variables in each encounter.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We got M Botanist down tonight putting us at 5/10M. We're hoping to make quick work of Aluriel tomorrow night.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
On PTR it appears to be the case that if you get a class mount you can use it on any character? I don't see any of the same restriction text like you see on the engi or tailoring mounts. Seems too good to be true though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I have a very hard time believing they'd go through the effort of making a mount for every class and then allow any class to use them. I'm betting it's a bug.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I have a very hard time believing they'd go through the effort of making a mount for every class and then allow any class to use them. I'm betting it's a bug.
On the other hand, it's an incentive to spend - serious - time playing alts.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was especially bad because the ENTIRE raid was up at 7% and then one of the healers dispelled someone and everyone died.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, a good player got poached from a guild only ever planning on doing Heroic content to a guild doing Mythic content? Tell me it isn't so!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It was especially bad because the ENTIRE raid was up at 7% and then one of the healers dispelled someone and everyone died.
We had a few wipes to that. Only thing that stopped it for us was going through the logs and specifically yelling at the people dispelling (for whatever reason, Parasitic Fetter wasn't consistently registering as something that was being dispelled). I don't know what the typical strat is, but we basically only dispelled three times the entirety of phase 3 and just moved from one side of the room to the other each time. We only had about 43 pulls when we got him.

It's amazing how quickly it turns into a shit show with one dispel though lol.