World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm gearing up the shaman now. two days in to 110 and I'm not even ilvl 825 :(

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Gonna be the same ol guild, just trying to add some new stuff. Over the course of the expansion our raid force has stayed pretty stable. Still about 30 people show up on Fridays

Not like that first week of EN where I had to coordinate two groups of 30 that first night... Fuck...
All I'm saying is, I've seen this situation SO many times where guilds clear heroic, farm it for a couple weeks, realize there's still several weeks/months until the next tier and think to themselves, "Well, we can just dip our toe into mythic and see how it goes."

Spoiler alert: It doesn't go well. The good players will resent the bad players for holding them back and making the exact same mistake after dozens of pulls. The bad players will resent the good players because they thought this was supposed to be a chill, just-for-fun group, and now people are pissy and blaming each other and the entire group dynamic has changed.

Undoubtedly you have experienced some of the aforementioned struggles in heroic progression raiding as well; what really distinguishes mythic from heroic is that heroic difficulty lets you get away with leaning on a handful of good players to perform the essential mechanics. Everyone else can completely ignore mechanics and just turret. Mythic fights (even certain aspects of the first three fights) require everyone to do SOMETHING and require effectively perfect execution or you won't have enough damage/healing to finish the boss. Doing mythics with a group that is comprised of turrets and a handful of good players will suck every bit of fun out of raiding.

Anyway, regardless, I wish you well. Maybe this time it'll be different. The only reason I bring this up at all is because we're all forum bros here, and I feel compelled to at least offer a perspective that you may not have considered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I understand. In my trial for mythic rosters I cut us down to 20 for progression and immediately we saw 'reserves' stop playing. It'll just be worse with mythic.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think people are just reading into what I wrote a bit deeper than what I meant.

We're a heroic guild looking to dip our toes in mythic. Not literally the toes on our feet, it's an expression. I have no illusions of grandeur of going 10/10M, I don't see us world firsting anything, I don't even know how many bosses wed kill. It's something we are gonna try out a bit.

Yikes

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little noob? I’ll have you know I raided top of my region in the Americas, and I’ve been involved in numerous test raids for Blizzard, and I have over 300 confirmed Mythic Garrosh kills. I am trained in raid-leading and I’m the top DPS rogue in the entire US raiding scene. You are nothing to me but just another heroic guild. Gul'Dan will wipe you the fuck out with mechanics the likes of which has never been seen before in this game, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about mythics over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting the top raiders across the USA and your guild is being dismembered right now so you better prepare for the gquits, faggot. The raid that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your guild. You’re fucking wiped, kid. AOE can be anywhere, anytime, and Star Augur can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with heroic. Not only am I extensively trained in raid leading, but I have access to the entire legendary arsenal of the game and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking wiped, kiddo.

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
That was the healers fault. Don't expect me to wear survival legendaries just so I can make up for xzi's shortcomings on trash pulls.

Last edited:

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I love you

Patch 7.2 is in the background downloader boys!!!!
Oh joy more fucking rng and AP grinding!

Shadows also getting slightly nerfed again with the bracers taking a hit and the shield we get from traits is going from 4% to 2..

Rime

<Donor>
On the plus side, 7.2 is the 'passive' nerf to Mythic Night Hold. New talents should provide increased DPS/survivability, which seems to be Blizzards method of getting more people through content rather than nerfing it. Besides, I doubt Tomb of Sargeras will open with 7.2. My guess is 8 weeks after.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

This video makes a lot of sense. I felt something's been off for a bit, I need zero pieces on my war except a few ilvl from WF/TF. That combined with the lack of reduction in kill time makes sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit, are we really going to get 7.2 already? Previously doing Mythic raids (casually 2 nights a week usually getting halfway through an instance before the new stuff releases or I get bored), with how quick they have gotten to new content this expansion, I am closer than ever to just throwing together a small 10 man team again, blow through heroic and wait for these next raids. Desire for Mythic progression wanes by the week it seems.

Also has there been any word on how accelerated the legendary drops could be with 7.2? It still fucking sucks to have shitty legendaries. Does it look like the new armor tokens will greatly increase the drop rate?

Ps. RNG loot tables are fucking annoying. I'd really like to have some non-shitty gear drop.

Rime

<Donor>
Holy shit, are we really going to get 7.2 already? Previously doing Mythic raids (casually 2 nights a week usually getting halfway through an instance before the new stuff releases or I get bored), with how quick they have gotten to new content this expansion, I am closer than ever to just throwing together a small 10 man team again, blow through heroic and wait for these next raids. Desire for Mythic progression wanes by the week it seems.

Also has there been any word on how accelerated the legendary drops could be with 7.2? It still fucking sucks to have shitty legendaries. Does it look like the new armor tokens will greatly increase the drop rate?

Ps. RNG loot tables are fucking annoying. I'd really like to have some non-shitty gear drop.

7.2 does not mean Tomb of Sargeras. The new raid will likely not open for 6-8 weeks after the patch comes out.

There is no announced acceleration for legendary drops in 7.2.

You can ghetto 'target' them by purchasing tokens that turn into gear and IN THEORY can turn into Legendaries as well. These use the new felshard currency that will drop in the new zone. So if you had (numbers made up) 100,000 Felshards and you wanted the Legendary Frost DK Helm, you could buy 10 x Helm Tokens. Chances are, they will just turn into 865 gear (or whatever), but if you win the lottery and proc a legendary, it would be a Helm, rather than a random one.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Anyway, regardless, I wish you well. Maybe this time it'll be different. The only reason I bring this up at all is because we're all forum bros here, and I feel compelled to at least offer a perspective that you may not have considered.

I think everyone in the guild smirks at this remark because this perspective has been considered so hard for so long.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
On the plus side, 7.2 is the 'passive' nerf to Mythic Night Hold. New talents should provide increased DPS/survivability, which seems to be Blizzards method of getting more people through content rather than nerfing it. Besides, I doubt Tomb of Sargeras will open with 7.2. My guess is 8 weeks after.

I think that is probably right or even a bit longer. Nighthold has not been out to long yet and we also are going to have the whole build the broken isle base/event stuff for a while. So two months is probably about right after 7.2 launches possibly even a bit longer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think everyone in the guild smirks at this remark because this perspective has been considered so hard for so long.

Something to consider is we're not some rando guild or some fly by night shitfest. We're established and have been around for awhile. I heavily favor quality members over competitive raiders - somewhere in the middle is perfect. I've wrestled for a long time with how to approach progression and increasing difficulty, etc. I started the limited heroic runs to sort of vet that out a bit. We lost some people, some people were pretty pissed, right out the gate.

The only thing we can do is try to push forward and hope it works out for the best. There's still a minivan party every Friday night, just transitioning some priorities around a bit for th guys that want to do more.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Something to consider is we're not some rando guild or some fly by night shitfest. We're established and have been around for awhile. I heavily favor quality members over competitive raiders - somewhere in the middle is perfect. I've wrestled for a long time with how to approach progression and increasing difficulty, etc. I started the limited heroic runs to sort of vet that out a bit. We lost some people, some people were pretty pissed, right out the gate.

The only thing we can do is try to push forward and hope it works out for the best. There's still a minivan party every Friday night, just transitioning some priorities around a bit for th guys that want to do more.
i like this.. im not a progression raider, but i used to be so i can appreciate your approach

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ive got some old e friends i made contact with again. Different server though since i restarted on my old one.

I forgot what was said if they pull me in for casual fill in on raids. Can i join guild cross server and load into their raids while im otherwise cross server? Or is it those little cluster servers. As unguilded i get invite spam from mostly other servers.