World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
NmuOZ5T.jpg

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because they have no idea what they are doing with legendaries. That has been clear since beta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That WW monk legendary bracer is getting nerfed slightly. The other good one (boots) is getting nerfed too. Ah well. I was thinking of swapping to Serenity anyway, since the bracer is getting the ability to enhance it.

Death Knights got some nice legendary boosts, except the frost hat getting nerfed.

They're still fucking around with ways to make all the people with Sephuz love it lol.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sephuz might be pretty awesome for SP now. 3% haste at all times? Neat

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm more attracted by the movement speed to be honest, I really miss having + movement speed cape enchant

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
As someone wearing the frost DK helm the nerf is needed. No single item should provide the increase it currently does. The change will result in frost dropping a place or two on each individual fight, and it's not like it was topping everything, but since frosts strength was being pretty good at everything I feel like it should be fine.

It's pretty clear that things are being mismanaged over there right now. UH DK shoulders - the worst DK legendary - weren't touched. The UH tree was revamped for NH release, and as a result there was a complete stat priority change. The best UH lego was nerfed because it was even more impactful than the frost helm (it's still the best UH lego), and recently even more talent changes took place to devalue bracers and bring non-bracer and bracer users closer together. Even though all of these changes didn't move UH beyond shit tier/lower-middle tier at best, they were good/necessary changes. Fast forward to 7.2 and the new weapon traits basically undo everything they just spent the last two months doing. Bracers back to being mandatory, talent choices back to exactly what they were pre-NH, and stat weights back to pre-NH with another requisite re-gearing. Where frost set bonuses in 7.2 have synergy with multiple talent tiers, UH does not have any. One of the new set bonuses is a damage loss, the other inspires momentary hope because it might synergize with the shoulders... until you do the 5 minutes of napkin math necessary to realize that even with that synergy the shoulders are such utter shit they will continue to be the worst DK lego.

edit: to be clear I don't really care about the balance I just get triggered by stupidity and mismanagement

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
this blue post lawl

As before, we thank you for the good feedback.

The Nighthold has put a spotlight on magic mitigation more than previous raids, and we've seen how that resulted in Protection Warriors (who are typically a very well-rounded tank spec) falling a bit behind other tanks as a result.

Today's new 7.2 PTR build includes the following change:

$
Warrior
  • $
    Gleaming Scales (Artifact Trait) increases
    $
    Spell Reflection magical damage reduction by 20%.
$
Gleaming Scales is a new Artifact Trait that's coming in 7.2, and the intention here is to provide
$
Warriors with a way to keep up with incoming spells in encounters that are magic-heavy, such as Spell Augur Etraeus or Krosus in
$
The Nighthold.

We're also testing a new change to the Protection Legendary belt
$
Thundergod's Vigor that triples the rate at which your
$
Thunder Claps reduce the cooldown on
$
Demoralizing Shout.

We continue to analyze and consider everything you're telling us here (and elsewhere!), so keep it coming. Thank you!

-- TLDR; prot warrior sucks so we are adding a bandaid locked behind a pretty decent AP grind (im at 54 traits and i need to farm several million to unlock it on PTR) or a legendary that you cant target =p GG

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hey guys we know magic mitigation sucks but instead of making sure the encounters are balanced in Tomb of Sargeras here we can buff your spell reflect

My monk is like 895 now and I love it. I still have aggro issues on well-geared prot warriors (and no other tanks...), but damn I can take a beating. I've heard we can solo tank Etraeus? Probably any tank besides warrior could I guess. I threw on Prydaz and it threw my stats all out of whack, I was sitting on 2-3 minutes of ISB and wasn't sure why, haste was 22%, whoops. Now I'm at like 27/15/24/14 (crit/haste/mast/versa) and it feels better. No 4pc yet.

On another note, FOH is actively recruiting DPS and healers for heroic + mythic raiding. We're 9/10H and lost a few people this week. Hoping to get Guldan this week then move to Mythic stuff. Send me a PM if you need more info.