World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
...and just beat the Feltotem challenge with my WW monk. The fight is such a pain in the balls, but macros for the interrupts really help. Once you get Tugar down, the worm is just stupid easy.

Naturally, fist weapons look goofy on blood elves and they dig through my legs. At least I have a tabard to match.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks like they hotfixed the chest limit back in. Either that or I was bugged today and the limit never got applied until I logged off.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
...and just beat the Feltotem challenge with my WW monk. The fight is such a pain in the balls, but macros for the interrupts really help. Once you get Tugar down, the worm is just stupid easy.

Naturally, fist weapons look goofy on blood elves and they dig through my legs. At least I have a tabard to match.

what was your overall dps and ilevel? i'm getting tugar pretty low but cant quite finish him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bleh levelled my WW weapon and instead of allocating the point into the obvious +good trait that everyone got, I clicked something else by mistake. Now I gotta level it one more damn

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere but based on feels the order hall upgrade to add a follower slot (along with the additional slot you unlock normally) seems like it adds more missions. Since unlocking it I've been able to constantly run 4+ AP or raid missions with lots of others available. Not a bad supplementary source of AP.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, not sure if that's the reason or what, but definitely seeing a lot of missions. Unfortunately my newer members of the squad aren't up to speed yet. I'm not getting armor missions as much either for a couple characters, which is pissing me off.

lol WW appearance complete, took me about 20 tries. after i made a macro it took me 3.

Yup, you have to macro and deal with some of the bullshit. That worm's AE was apparently raping me pretty good, so having a paralysis macro for him and murdering the eggs quickly gave me a fighting chance.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You're a bad mother fucker if you complete any of these challenges without using a single macro.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i didn't do shit with the worm at all in Phase 1, i made a macro to crackling jade lightning the totems when they spawned (1 tick kills them) and made a macro to interupt the Tauren while i was dps'ing eggs. P2 i one shot just rotated paralysis x 2 then a leg sweep repeat.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Either of you dudes want to write up a rough strategy and macro set for it? I've never really played WW but building it up. I'm like 906 anyways

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm rogue didnt require a macro for sin, but im thinking outlaw is a bit more annoying - Hopefully i can get some time for it on easter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
- for interuppting while DPS'ing eggs
/target Tugar Bloodtotem
/cast Spear Hand Strike
/targetlasttarget

- for killing totems
/target fel surge totem (i think this is the totem name)
/cast crackling jade lightning
/targetlasttarget

I used Prydaz/Cinidaria

thats the 2 i used, basically if he casts fel surge you die. so you cant have him get any uninteruppted casts off. he is stunnable but i had spearhandstrike up for every cast so that wasn't an issue.

- blow everything early i blew Xuen, lust, old war, Storm earth fire early then i held xuen and SEF for the egg phases.

- dont stand in green stuff - it has a longish cast so you can run through it before they erupt (its the cross pattern ones)

- prioritize the following
1. fel surge interupt
2. fel surge totem (it stuns you for 5 seconds) one tick of crackling jade lightning will kill it
3. dps eggs if you ever get to the point there are more than 4 eggs your dps is too low for it
4. dps Tugar

- normally the fight progresses like
1. fight him near the edge, interrupt 1st felsurge
2. move him closer to middle, he'll felsurge again before earthquake
3. kill adds while interrupting him
4. after the first add phase he'll start with the totems
5. kill totem
6. you'll get an earthquake +totem + felsurge in short distance (this is tricky, just wait for the felsurge before you kill totem, totem has a longish cast time)
7. repeat from step 3.

- i ignored the worm entirely in phase 1 occasionally he'll drop green aoes you cant stand in or he'll zip around underground, just dont stand in his path.

- use this WA Feltotem's Fall Alerts - the bars aren't helpful but it plays a sound when he casts the totem/the worm screeches/ he felbursts

- when he dies go stand near the worm, i had to stand kinda sideways since fists of fury wasn't hitting.

- when the worm screeches use paralysis and leg sweep if its on CD. I dont think i dropped below 80% on the worm, if you make it this far you got it.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll add to Sumdain's write-up with some details, and only because it was slightly different for me since I had to deal with the worm too.

- for interuppting while DPS'ing eggs
/target Tugar Bloodtotem
/cast Spear Hand Strike
/targetlasttarget

- for killing totems
/target fel surge totem (i think this is the totem name)
/cast crackling jade lightning
/targetlasttarget

I had to deal with interrupting the worm as well, so if that's an issue for people, you can use:

/target Jormog the Behemoth
/cast Paralysis
/targetlasttarget

Keep in mind you need to be within range and facing him.

I used Prydaz/Cinidaria

thats the 2 i used, basically if he casts fel surge you die. so you cant have him get any uninteruppted casts off. he is stunnable but i had spearhandstrike up for every cast so that wasn't an issue.
I didn't have Prydaz so I was likely taking more damage (I have DHC/Cinidaria). This is also why I had to interrupt, because the worm does 1.5 million damage hits that eat you up. Paralysis was super important for just interrupting those sonic screams.

- blow everything early i blew Xuen, lust, old war, Storm earth fire early then i held xuen and SEF for the egg phases.

This. In fact, the combo I started with was to unload with SEF/Fists/DeathTouch/Wind after I interrupted his first Fel surge because he then goes into the routine of Earthquake. If you start unloading with Fists/Touch immediately, you have to interrupt his Surge, and you'll have to break your attack output for it.

I probably should've dropped Hit Combo for something else in my talent tree, but I'm so used to it I didn't even think about it. Hit Combo was likely not getting up high enough since I had to break it regularly for interrupts and other stuff.

- dont stand in green stuff - it has a longish cast so you can run through it before they erupt (its the cross pattern ones)

- prioritize the following
1. fel surge interupt
2. fel surge totem (it stuns you for 5 seconds) one tick of crackling jade lightning will kill it
3. dps eggs if you ever get to the point there are more than 4 eggs your dps is too low for it
4. dps Tugar

Definitely make sure to get the eggs down. In fact, they spawn as worms with the same % health they did as eggs, if I recall. However, as worms they spit shit at you, so deal with them before then. Saving SEF for the eggs is important, and try to keep some CHI available for cranking out a heavier attack to go with it (Fists is good).

- normally the fight progresses like
1. fight him near the edge, interrupt 1st felsurge
2. move him closer to middle, he'll felsurge again before earthquake
3. kill adds while interrupting him
4. after the first add phase he'll start with the totems
5. kill totem
6. you'll get an earthquake +totem + felsurge in short distance (this is tricky, just wait for the felsurge before you kill totem, totem has a longish cast time)
7. repeat from step 3.

- i ignored the worm entirely in phase 1 occasionally he'll drop green aoes you cant stand in or he'll zip around underground, just dont stand in his path.

I couldn't ignore the worm as mentioned before, so anyone else without defensive goodies like me, I'd recommend cc'ing the worm with the above macro I mentioned. Noodleface Noodleface in your case you have Prydaz right? That plus your tanking trinket would probably help you out big time. I should've picked up a stamina/absorb trinket myself, would've helped.

As for talents, Chi Wave and Healing Elixir are pretty damn useful. I brought healing potions as well for safety. Leg Sweep is necessary for the worm later and it works as a backup in case you fuck up Surge interrupts. Hit Combo as I said earlier likely wasn't helpful, so Xuen's is probably a better option. WDP is everyday for me so went with it as usual, great against the eggs/worms.

- use this WA Feltotem's Fall Alerts - the bars aren't helpful but it plays a sound when he casts the totem/the worm screeches/ he felbursts

DBM also has a challenge pack for their add-on, but you have to download it seperately. Worked well for me and the familiarity was helpful.

- when he dies go stand near the worm, i had to stand kinda sideways since fists of fury wasn't hitting.

- when the worm screeches use paralysis and leg sweep if its on CD. I dont think i dropped below 80% on the worm, if you make it this far you got it.

Yeah, once Tugar goes down and its you vs. worm, everything else disappears. Pretty fucking silly at that point lol.

Good luck to everyone taking a stab at this fight, its a pain in the balls but doable as long as you don't rush and make sure you deal with the crowd control elements. As Sumdain said earlier, if you don't interrupt Surge, you're likely dead.

Any questions: feel free to ask here, in-game, or Discord.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
IMG_6944.JPG

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Would love to try mine again but b.net is being annihilated by something right now.

Untitled.png