World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Mythic Demonic Inq was pretty easy, we got it in 15ish pulls last night and recleared Harjatan. its amazing how fast these bosses die on reclears after you learn a strat that works for your guild.

Sisters next...this should be fun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We want to hit mythic but between last patch and this patch we lost so many people

Lf people that want to do mythic at a not world first pace

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We want to hit mythic but between last patch and this patch we lost so many people

Lf people that want to do mythic at a not world first pace

Unfortunately you guys picked a bad server. It's low pop and most of that pop isn't interested in Mythic raiding.

If the same cycle continues for next expansion and people decide to come back after a hiatus and the guild reforms you should pick a higher pop server. It will be much, much easier to keep a mythic roster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Mythic Demonic Inq was pretty easy, we got it in 15ish pulls last night and recleared Harjatan. its amazing how fast these bosses die on reclears after you learn a strat that works for your guild.

Sisters next...this should be fun.

What's your strat for Demonic Inq?

Our raid leader is phoning it in this tier so far with just wing it "strategies". We literally don't have a strategy for DI other than "Do the individual mechanics". Harjatan is the same way. The fights in Tomb are already boring and annoying but when every kill is a cluster because we have no real strategy it makes it even worse. I'm already starting to not want to raid but I want the Gul'dan mount so I have to stay active until we actually start killing him again each week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Unfortunately you guys picked a bad server. It's low pop and most of that pop isn't interested in Mythic raiding.

If the same cycle continues for next expansion and people decide to come back after a hiatus and the guild reforms you should pick a higher pop server. It will be much, much easier to keep a mythic roster.
Well mythic was never in the plans until it was. We've had plenty of capable people but you know how the general populous here treats games. Poopsock to 110 then quit.

We do have TF on our server which ranks pretty good for mythic. At least early on they were world 40th, probably lower now.

Rime

<Donor>
I do so wish they would merge more servers. Sucks being stuck on a server with a 3-to-1 ratio against your favor (and it is a low-medium pop server to boot)!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hyjal isn't low pop, and there are plenty of guilds raiding mythic content. It's no Stormrage or Illidan, but meh.

Most people wanting to raid Mythic aren't interested in a more laissez-faire approach. They want to be hardcore. We aren't.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Given that Azeroth is 'The Last Titan' I keep hoping the planet undergoes a Unicron-like transformation into battle mode thus resetting the landmasses again. I was recently helping a buddy get over his wife leaving him through MMO-therapy and running new characters in WoW and the Cataclysm stuff has not aged well at all.

Khane

Hyjal isn't low pop, and there are plenty of guilds raiding mythic content. It's no Stormrage or Illidan, but meh.

Most people wanting to raid Mythic aren't interested in a more laissez-faire approach. They want to be hardcore. We aren't.

Hyjal just has a smaller pool of players interested in raiding so there is a much smaller pool of possible applicants. For instance there are only 8 guilds on the server that have fully cleared Heroic yet:

WoW Realm US-Hyjal :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings

Compared to Mal'ganis that has 39:

Roughly a 5 times bigger population to recruit from. It's not like it was a stupid decision to pick Hyjal, it's just unfortunately not a great server to be on when trying to build a Mythic roster. Especially with all the attrition that guilds go through when raiding Mythic.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Thanks. Tough to see most of this info from work as it is all blocked by our firewall.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given that Azeroth is 'The Last Titan' I keep hoping the planet undergoes a Unicron-like transformation into battle mode thus resetting the landmasses again. I was recently helping a buddy get over his wife leaving him through MMO-therapy and running new characters in WoW and the Cataclysm stuff has not aged well at all.

Cata had some fun stuff but it was so god damn disjointed makes it pretty jaring. I like the uldum stuff but the phasing stuff there can get really funky in groups and be a real pain in the ass.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hyjal just has a smaller pool of players interested in raiding so there is a much smaller pool of possible applicants. For instance there are only 8 guilds on the server that have fully cleared Heroic yet:

Compared to Mal'ganis that has 39:

Roughly a 5 times bigger population to recruit from. It's not like it was a stupid decision to pick Hyjal, it's just unfortunately not a great server to be on when trying to build a Mythic roster. Especially with all the attrition that guilds go through when raiding Mythic.
Well to be fair also I didn't pick it. I also didn't request people move servers. If there was some way to transfer the guild in one shot thatd be nice

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
What's your strat for Demonic Inq?

Our raid leader is phoning it in this tier so far with just wing it "strategies". We literally don't have a strategy for DI other than "Do the individual mechanics". Harjatan is the same way. The fights in Tomb are already boring and annoying but when every kill is a cluster because we have no real strategy it makes it even worse. I'm already starting to not want to raid but I want the Gul'dan mount so I have to stay active until we actually start killing him again each week.

it partly depends on your tanks, monks are op on that fight since we can dodge a lot of the torment giving mechanics when tanking Atrigan. if you are running bears/plate tanks have them swap agro on Atrigan whenever he does his bonesaw. when the first tank enters the cage everyone over 80 torment goes in as well, have everyone exit the cage before the next fel squal goes out individually, when the next group enters the cage have them stay inside until fel squall ends then exit as a group. this keeps the adds grouped up and you dont have to worry about aoe's hitting Belac as he fel squalls. other than that, dodge the calcified quills and dont drop the void dispell pools on people, its a pretty easy fight once you get the timing of having everyone enter/exit the cage as a group.

Khane

Congrats on the two (maybe?) fights it's useful on. If you cannot consistently have two of the specters hit the boss it effectively loses 30% of its dps.

It's 1mil damage every 45 seconds (It benefits from Unholy's shadow mastery) if only one is hitting. Double that if the previous hits as well obviously. It's BiS on every fight and absolutely insane on fights where you can consistently hit with every one of the previous as well.

Khane

it partly depends on your tanks, monks are op on that fight since we can dodge a lot of the torment giving mechanics when tanking Atrigan. if you are running bears/plate tanks have them swap agro on Atrigan whenever he does his bonesaw. when the first tank enters the cage everyone over 80 torment goes in as well, have everyone exit the cage before the next fel squal goes out individually, when the next group enters the cage have them stay inside until fel squall ends then exit as a group. this keeps the adds grouped up and you dont have to worry about aoe's hitting Belac as he fel squalls. other than that, dodge the calcified quills and dont drop the void dispell pools on people, its a pretty easy fight once you get the timing of having everyone enter/exit the cage as a group.

Yea going in and out as a group and being able to clump and AE the adds seems like the obvious best way to do it. But nope we get told "Just go in at 100 torment and then come back out, don't overcomplicate it". Which then leads to a ton of adds coming up at different timings and running all over the room because we don't have an assigned area to bring the adds toward. Hopefully we can get him to change his mind this week.

Khane

Oh snap, Exorsus just killed post-hotfix Avatar. I'm putting my money on them winning again. Poor Method.