World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Their disc priest makes me want to try disc priest, since clearly it works but just everyone sucks at disc except that guy apparently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Their disc priest makes me want to try disc priest, since clearly it works but just everyone sucks at disc except that guy apparently.

Disc is much better post patch, but it's still only a spec that works in raids if the other healers let it. With coordination and planning it can be huge burst healing, but the trick is it's not 'as reactionary' as most other healers so if you don't let for instance the arti spell travel time elapse before blowing your CDs, you just overwrite everything a disc can do in a raid.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disc is much better post patch, but it's still only a spec that works in raids if the other healers let it. With coordination and planning it can be huge burst healing, but the trick is it's not 'as reactionary' as most other healers so if you don't let for instance the arti spell travel time elapse before blowing your CDs, you just overwrite everything a disc can do in a raid.

Progression raiders seem to love it. A guy in my guild also plays for Vision and their disc priest is absolutely insane. I was watching them stream mistress and he was pulling 1.2M and making the other healers look like nothing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's one of the more fun healers to play, I just wish it had a better toolkit built to deal with the ancient WoW UI.

It's a spec that really would shine with dual target systems (enemy + friendly) and instead it's just rotating between bleh and meh because Blizz hates the 'convenience' of auto-heal but constantly provides utterly stagnant gameplay that can't do anything but rely upon it outside of a direct 'one target one spell' model.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I could never ever play this game without mouseover macros, I can't imagine ever trying disc without them. I have bosses targeted 90% of the time on my pally and just heal the tank via mouseovers on grid raid frames.

But I definitely agree, I shouldn't have to use 2 different addons to make healing mildly bearable. In fact, I guarantee you no single mythic healer doesn't use two similar addons or macros, which is really shit design blizzard needs to look at.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Disc is either topping the meters at 1.1 million hps or shit, not really an inbetween =/

Sco did post they used the gear that was showing up at least for the tanks. that exoskeleton trinket is actually showing up a few places on the last 2-3 bosses.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Steam Link let's me stream my whole desktop to new 4k TV!

WoW looks fucking bad ass! Noodleface Noodleface tell the wife you're gonna start raiding from the living room?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
EDIT: Also I wouldn't focus too much on the trinkets. Apparently (don't know if its true) they can swap out gear to add to mystery. I don't know though, seems kind of far fetched to me, but those trinket choices are a bit weird. Although it makes sense because DMI is the best armor trinket in the game and that might help a little bit with geddons. Who knows. I'm no where near that level.

Sco was saying in his stream after the kill this morning that he thinks DMI(Dark moon tank trinket is what you meant right?) is best in slot for all tanks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dark moon immortality is best in slot on physical damage

Probably less for druids and more for classes with less armor