World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lmao the class comps they have in this mythic KJ kill is funny. 4 druids 5 rogues 4 hunters

Member when blizzard wanted all classes to be able to do progression? ;_;

I think it identifies a severe problem with "soak" mechanics in raid environments. It was fine when a single class could soak the encounter, you'd bring 1 or 2 of the class. But when fucking everything requires a fucking soak (btw they used rogues for shadows so they could absorb multiple gedons in a row) then either class design, or raid design is fucked, or probably both.

I'm split on the fix personally. Do you give everyone an immunity like they gave everyone a defensive and homogenize the classes even more? IMO I think it would be better to give classes more unique raid mechanics, something like old school tranq shot but way less gay. I don't think I'm creative enough to come up with some ideas, but I believe they are out there.

EDIT: Another fix would be to bring back damage types and immune the types. But really I think there are better ideas out there.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Easy enough fix, IMO. Make it do less direct damage so that it can be soaked by anyone, but either make it trigger more frequently or make more of them spawn. The mechanic is still relevant and if you miss one, you're still screwed.

I don't really get what they're thinking. They literally just did this on Krosus, and it worked fine.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it's intended to be a "tank" mechanic. But you can completely circumvent that by using immunities. Soaking is just getting tiring in general. It's an old mechanic and has no shine to it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm really not even sure how that's supposed to work. Aren't both tanks running on 5 stacks of felclaws throughout most of the fight anyway? How are they supposed to be soaking armageddon at the same time as having ~+250% physical damage taken? Or am I missing a swap mechanic here?

Edit: In before "monks/druids can soak it anyway". I play a prot warrior.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
what blizzard wants is the tank that is tanking KJ to be the one that soaks the large pools, generally the tank doesn't have any stacks when the pools go out. the offtank can't soak them because he has 5 stacks during this time. they happen at very inopportune times. the issue arises is when you have a dps soaking one of the small pools that is in KJ's cleave range because he starts applying felclaw stacks (the first 2-3 dont really hurt) just about the same time the Armageddon hits.

this requires the entire raid to not be in front of KJ as you drag him across the platform, and then drag him back which can coincide with singularity's falling and its almost guaranteed someone will screw up and fly off the platform.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm really not even sure how that's supposed to work. Aren't both tanks running on 5 stacks of felclaws throughout most of the fight anyway? How are they supposed to be soaking armageddon at the same time as having ~+250% physical damage taken? Or am I missing a swap mechanic here?

Edit: In before "monks/druids can soak it anyway". I play a prot warrior.
20% per stack I thought so +100%

It tickles on normal but I'll see how it feels this week on heroic

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
That's because you're a shitty Lich King minion. As a minion of the Old Gods (Shadow Priest, as my blade likes to remind me regularly, when she's not complaining that the fight is boring) my T20 4-piece would probably make me pick a LFR cloak over my legendary (which is the 2nd BIS legendary) if needed.

Cloaks not 2nd bis for sp. Its actually sephuz belt then cloak and shoulders are essentially equal

I need to do more but I haven't had a really strong desire to do more than like 2 a week. I need to get a bunch of plate tards together to share gear tbh

I have a 895 blood knight and I'm qualified as a tard so when ever you want to go

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I use focus ToT frames to watch Nite as we roll up to a bridge or whatever, because I know he's gonna try to summon me off of it.

I wonder if a priest can grip a warrior mid-heroic leap...

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I use focus ToT frames to watch Nite as we roll up to a bridge or whatever, because I know he's gonna try to summon me off of it.

I wonder if a priest can grip a warrior mid-heroic leap...
So I can grab you mid leap but you won't still be flying when you land next to me. Lifegrip ends your ability so as long as you don't press anything else you'll just be right next to me.

Whenever I do stuff now I just stand still
Lol the raid does this now when we're coming up to KJ's platform :( it's like they're expecting some dick head priest to try to pull them off of it

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a priest that always grips somebody into the traps in tomb. Or on the elevator after maiden.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
We have a priest that always grips somebody into the traps in tomb. Or on the elevator after maiden.

I never thought of the traps! Unfortunately they already tend to pull most of em anyways. On the elevator is he just trying to get people stuck for the long ride or glitch them through it so they die?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I never thought of the traps! Unfortunately they already tend to pull most of em anyways. On the elevator is he just trying to get people stuck for the long ride or glitch them through it so they die?
We don't pull the traps, divine does

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user