World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

I have a geared gnome monk tank that would be interested in flex. I'll edit later with ID.

edit: cybsled#1549. Toss me an RF invite and I guess everyone can figure out when they want to try flex

Kaljin

N00b
I have a geared gnome monk tank that would be interested in flex. I'll edit later with ID.
Sent out bnet requests for those interested on Alliance side. Good to see many of you interested and also good to see we got some tanks
smile.png

spronk

FPS noob
did they turn on virtual servers yet, i'm tempted to resub but with off hours playtime it'd be nice to be hooked into a megaserver

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I decided to go to Icy Veins and look up how I am supposed to be playing... and apparently I am doing everything wrong. Which I find amusing since I seem to be getting the job done.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So I decided to go to Icy Veins and look up how I am supposed to be playing... and apparently I am doing everything wrong. Which I find amusing since I seem to be getting the job done.
Check MMO champions website too. I found their info helpful too.

Cybsled

MMO Champ posted the Blizzcon schedule. Of note, besides the Hearthstone Exhibition, the only panel that is longer than an hour is "World of Warcraft: What's Next", which is almost right at the start of the 1st day. That seems to bode well for an expansion reveal.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
MMO Champ posted the Blizzcon schedule. Of note, besides the Hearthstone Exhibition, the only panel that is longer than an hour is "World of Warcraft: What's Next", which is almost right at the start of the 1st day. That seems to bode well for an expansion reveal.
Expansion reveal is guaranteed. The pattern is every other year - MoP reveal was 2 years ago and there wasn't a BlizzCon last year.

Cybsled

I guess that brings the speculation, then.

The Garrosh heirloom weapons scale to 100, so we can assume that will be the new level cap.

Ghostcrawler has hinted at an item squish and "ability bloat" trim, although he did acknowledge they don't want to trim fun/cool utility abilities this time around (unlike last time). They also noted they want to move tanking to being more reactive vs. passive, so as part of the item squish, I imagine they will get rid of stuff like block, dodge, and parry as regular stats on items.

Wrathion's quest basically confirms that the Burning Legion will be returning, so strong bets are on that being a theme.

Beyond that, though, I guess it gets trickier. MoP had a new race AND a new class. I think a new race is more likely than a new class, and if they do a new race, I bet it will be MoP style (horde and alliance both get it). Demon Hunter would be a logical choice for a new Burning Legion expansion, although one has to question how they would design it. It could either be a stand-alone class or maybe a Final Fantasy style "sub-class" style where Demon Hunter stuff basically overlays on your class and the abilities are different depending on your core class?

Fingz_sl

shitlord
did they turn on virtual servers yet, i'm tempted to resub but with off hours playtime it'd be nice to be hooked into a megaserver
They joined two realms and just this last Tuesday they joined two more. They are moving slowly. I'm curious to see if they are going to make mega realms or something short of that. I would think that if you put too many people on a server you'd have players getting in each other's way.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The natural new race would be Ethereal as the whole thing will likely involve taking the fight to the Burning Legion and the Titans rather than just waiting around for everyone to get ganked. Take the Blood Elven controlled and refurbished Tempest Keep and a finally repaired Exodar and use those as the ships that take our heroes out into the Twisting Nether.

Cybsled

Ethereal would be kind of hard as designed, since they are basically just energy with clothes. I suppose a total model revamp could be done (like Blizzard did with Blood Elves/High Elves when TBC launched).

Maybe a Succubus-type race? Or they could do a Hozen/Jinyu thing? ;P

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, you can use oQueue to get anything done that you want to do cross-realm. The only downsides I can see to being on a low-pop server is limited AH activity.

Eidal#1153 -- alliance monk tank 500iLvl

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've definitely noticed the low population AH business. It's next to impossible to get any decent looking transmog gear, but I have pretty much every other profession, so it doesn't have a huge impact.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I guess that brings the speculation, then.

The Garrosh heirloom weapons scale to 100, so we can assume that will be the new level cap.

Ghostcrawler has hinted at an item squish and "ability bloat" trim, although he did acknowledge they don't want to trim fun/cool utility abilities this time around (unlike last time). They also noted they want to move tanking to being more reactive vs. passive, so as part of the item squish, I imagine they will get rid of stuff like block, dodge, and parry as regular stats on items.

Wrathion's quest basically confirms that the Burning Legion will be returning, so strong bets are on that being a theme.

Beyond that, though, I guess it gets trickier. MoP had a new race AND a new class. I think a new race is more likely than a new class, and if they do a new race, I bet it will be MoP style (horde and alliance both get it). Demon Hunter would be a logical choice for a new Burning Legion expansion, although one has to question how they would design it. It could either be a stand-alone class or maybe a Final Fantasy style "sub-class" style where Demon Hunter stuff basically overlays on your class and the abilities are different depending on your core class?
They have 3 cloth classes, 3 leather, 3 plate classes. Only 2 mail classes though. Making a third mail class would make armor drop %'s work out better.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I doubt there's be a new class. I'd normally expect a new race/races but I'm thinking new models for the old(er) races is more likely in this case (especially as they've been putting the in-development versions in as NPC models since the end of Cataclysm - Thrall/Garrosh as the new orcs, the usual suspects in Well of Eternity as the new NEs, and so on)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I just hope the new race is in the badass variety not the cute variety. Like Wargen that don't look like absolute dogshit.