World of Warcraft: Current Year

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Battletag is Arysa#1370. I have a bunch of 90s and am pretty proficient with the raids, so I guess whatever is necessary. I am alliance primarily, and prefer to play heals, though I will play tank and if people are having issues i may degrade myself and play dps.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a server that rerolled folks are playing on currently? My guild that I've been with for several years is boring as fuck and people only seem to log in on the two days they raid. It would be nice to have a home that people enjoy talking.

Faction doesn't matter, is probably roll fresh on the server.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm on Whisperwind alliance, it's a good server heavily populated by alliance. In my experience it's the next to Stormrage it's the most populated PVE Alliance server out there. I'm in a "family" guild atm that does flex I can get you an invite if you want although it seems most of the people know each other irl so they kinda have their own clique. In any event if you wanted a new sever to look at I'd recommend Whisperwind.

Kaljin

N00b
Well I guess with the majority okay with doing a Flex today (Saturday) would it be fine to set one up at 8/9pm est? We have the numbers for it but need to know if we have a green light on the raid. Send Gonzy or myself a message in game!
smile.png

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Battletag for me is Drtyrm#1350. I'm alliance, ele shaman 546ilvl, with an ok off spec resto set.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, that's probably about 90 minutes to 2 hours too early for me to make consistantly on Saturdays, but I can try. If not no real big I wouldn't want to rock the boat, and I'm just a dps anyways.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When it comes to tanking, I love a DK. Blood is nearly invincible in pvp and 2h frost has great burst. I have played ret but the style just doesn't hold me and can't speak for pally tanking this xpac. Haven't been prot since LK on him. My monk and war are both in the 40's.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
So are there any issues with the 5-6 of us being on 3 separate servers? Is there anything we can't do together at this point?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Prot paladin is fun if you like constantly having a button to push. They gear for haste to the exclusion of pretty much all other stats (haste decreases their GCD and lets them keep their bonus block buff up more often). It's debatable, but I think they're the most well rounded of the tanks. They can sometimes single tank two-tank-encounters (or ignore tank swaps) thanks to being able to purge debuffs with their divine shield and blessing of protection, but I don't think this is true for any SoO encounters.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I would also second a prot paladin; I feel like they're the most well rounded, BUT I also feel like I have a bit of control over my group moreso than other tanks. Stupid dps has aggro? HoP them if you can't grab the mob. Healer might die? Word of Glory/LoH/Battlehealer/Selfless Healer. Also has a few different interrupts - I don't trust most dps, (with good reason) so being able to interrupt myself is invaluable.

Being a resto druid main without an interrupt is such a killer.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Just did SoO flex wing 1 with openraid.us. Went super smooth and was a much better experience than LFR. Two thumbs up for flex.

I think LFR has a place in the raiding scheme simply because its a pressure-free environment to actually play through the encounter and better internalize the mechanics. That being said, the LFR community is terrible and anyone who cares about excelling is going to get frustrated at the majority of the raid. Flex is easier than LFR.

EDIT: Does anyone have any advice for being a raid leader? I'm tempted to start hosting my own via oQueue and openraid.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just did SoO flex wing 1 with openraid.us. Went super smooth and was a much better experience than LFR. Two thumbs up for flex.

I think LFR has a place in the raiding scheme simply because its a pressure-free environment to actually play through the encounter and better internalize the mechanics. That being said, the LFR community is terrible and anyone who cares about excelling is going to get frustrated at the majority of the raid. Flex is easier than LFR.

EDIT: Does anyone have any advice for being a raid leader? I'm tempted to start hosting my own via oQueue and openraid.
Advice for being a raid leader?

Don't do it unless you actually think you're going to want to do it a month down the road. Shit is super tedious, the game kind of stops being a game and starts to become an annoyance / job if you start to dislike it.
Also, it's probably best to leave your ego at the door and don't judge people too harshly, I really doubt you're pushing for world firsts or being hardcore so if someone fucks up don't ream them for it.

I keep going back and forth on this game. I have an active sub, but don't really want to play but do want to play at the same time.