World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Flying doesn't take us out of the world. That's stupid. When I'm soaring around in the sky I feel amazing, especially with the massively increased view distance. It makes me feel like a hero and a bad ass, as it should.

Blizzard is stupid and anyone who works there and is reading this should feel bad.

The reason I bitch about flying is because it was never a problem until Blizzard decided it was (sometime before/during WoD). TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP were all designed around flying and it worked fine. No one complained about "muh immersion" or any of the other bullshit arguments being trotted out now. They've never had a problem designing areas with it in mind before, but after Ion and the fun police took over they determined that we're not enjoying the game correctly.

Before WoD they even advertised "Take to the skies on your raven mount!" to get people to buy the collectors edition. At the Blizzcon before WoD they announced flight would be unlocked with an epic quest chain. Alpha/Beta players asked them where the quest was, were told "coming soon". Then Blizzard says it's coming in a later patch, patch comes out, they say "didn't make this patch but it's coming". Eventually some interview comes out where they say "flying is not coming to WoD or any new content, ever". Shitstorm ensues, lots of subs cancelled, devs forced to do a 180 and say "fine, you can have flying, but fuck you, here's pathfinder".

Argus is small enough that you can run from one end of a zone to the other in like 90 seconds, and I don't think flying there would alter the experience much. Players are "skipping content" there regardless. Instead of flying over it everyone just trains everything around like assholes until they get to where they're going. I'll be just fine without it; what's rustling my jimmies is their condescending attitude towards the issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So how do these Greater Invasion points work? Do you need a certain amount of the Argus waystones to make one spawn? To zone into one? To hand into someone for a fancy rep token?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just got my first two legendaries within 5 minutes of each other tonight. First one dropped from the end boss (the water lady) of that Valor raid (LFR), the second came from the goodie box from finishing four world quests in Stormheim.

The thing is, I thought you could equip two legendaries, but for some reason I can only have one. Is there a quest or something you need to do to be able to equip two?
As others said, you need to get it in the order hall.

With Order Halls, you can still make a nice chunk of change with an army of alts. I get an average of one gold Mission per character, per day. If you 200% it, that is 1500+600-1000 gold for doing nothing.

EDIT: This is, of course, half/quarter of what you could do with a well set up garrison. But still better than nothing.

It may not be what you could earn from the garrison, but at least you can manage it all from the mobile app now. Instead of having to login each character every day you can make gold while you're on the shitter at work now.
Yeah, but with garrisons you didn't have to leave because you could get garrison resources from missions, and the 3x scavenger trait and be self-sufficient. You didn't even need to leave the garrison. Playing multiple alts means you need to go get GR. I agree it's less (and it should be), and it's better design (not good design) than not having to leave. I really meant the legendary system and the AP/AK setup was pretty unfriendly for alts. That's starting to change now though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As others said, you need to get it in the order hall.

Yeah, but with garrisons you didn't have to leave because you could get garrison resources from missions, and the 3x scavenger trait and be self-sufficient. You didn't even need to leave the garrison. Playing multiple alts means you need to go get GR. I agree it's less (and it should be), and it's better design (not good design) than not having to leave. I really meant the legendary system and the AP/AK setup was pretty unfriendly for alts. That's starting to change now though.

You can fund several order halls with one character. Blood hunter is the best enchant and gives the most trade value. I have almost 1000 bloods and that provides an endless supply of order hall resources if I wanted. I need to level up two or three more characters and I'm sure I could have a steady stream, but man that sounds boring af.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

You can fund several order halls with one character. Blood hunter is the best enchant and gives the most trade value. I have almost 1000 bloods and that provides an endless supply of order hall resources if I wanted. I need to level up two or three more characters and I'm sure I could have a steady stream, but man that sounds boring af.

This is what I do as well. If you are only running gold missions, at least until the Argus patch, you dont bleed much GR. I use auto complete on blood missions, and hardly ever need to send over the BoA GR chests. My accountant addon was logging a steady 60k to 80k a week, just from the order hall, running missions on 8 toons, 6 of which have auto complete.

Argus patch may have screwed it all up, and I needed to actually play the toons to unlock the new missions. The new missions also cost more GR and are harder to get to 200% (at least until I upgrade their gear).

As for leveling up toons, I used the invasions to get 4 or so from 100 to 110. It is the fastest, slowest way to level. With heirlooms you can do 100 - 110 in 5-6 hours; it just take a week of catching the invasions when they spawn. You get about 1.5 levels per invasion with heirlooms or 3/4s of a level w/o them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yup, I can see it now. Couldn't see them last night for some reason. Maybe it had to do with the character boost or who knows. But damn that was like 3/4 of a level for doing the invasions in a single zone.

If you have all your heirlooms on you should be getting 1+ level for every assault.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So how do these Greater Invasion points work? Do you need a certain amount of the Argus waystones to make one spawn? To zone into one? To hand into someone for a fancy rep token?
You need to do the quest line up to the point where Greater Invasions are unlocked. Nothing special required after that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Greater Invasions require 15 Argus Way Stones to enter. You can have a max of 40 Argus Way Stones but only need 15 per week. You can only do one per week, regardless of the amount of Way Stones you have.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, so Illidan didn't just want to keep them a la Khadbro? Sneaky. I didn't notice them getting removed from my inventory when I entered the rift -- I mean the invasion point.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
With Order Halls, you can still make a nice chunk of change with an army of alts. I get an average of one gold Mission per character, per day. If you 200% it, that is 1500+600-1000 gold for doing nothing.
The thing is, you still need to get out and grab some resources.

The biggest difference between Class Halls and Garrisons is that you need to get out from time to time to grab resources, or you run dry.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Everyone's all upset about no flying. I'm just sitting there on my Spider Mount, chilling.

Garrisons were cool but that 4k gold blingtron mission was a bit over the top.

Still with 12 chars at 110 and now with the BoA-880-follower gear it's still easy enough to 200% the gold missions on all chars.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone's all upset about no flying. I'm just sitting there on my Spider Mount, chilling.

Garrisons were cool but that 4k gold blingtron mission was a bit over the top.

Still with 12 chars at 110 and now with the BoA-880-follower gear it's still easy enough to 200% the gold missions on all chars.
How do you get the BoA Follower gear?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How do you get the BoA Follower gear?
It's what replaced the nethershard sink. You can't buy 880 gear with nethershard, instead, you can purchase a 6000xp book that adds 2 pixels to your follower xp bar, or a 880 gear token.

Of course, I had the 7500 nethershards missions waiting for me on patch day, which meant that I had nothing better than open chests in the treasure cave to grab some AP and resources until I ran dry. But, eh, Ikr'regeed will be happy that I won't bother him anymore ever, I guess.

(there is currently no reason to ever do Broken Shore. If you didn't get the all-boss achieve for the Sentinax, you're not going to get them any time soon)

Rime

<Donor>
It's what replaced the nethershard sink. You can't buy 880 gear with nethershard, instead, you can purchase a 6000xp book that adds 2 pixels to your follower xp bar, or a 880 gear token.

Of course, I had the 7500 nethershards missions waiting for me on patch day, which meant that I had nothing better than open chests in the treasure cave to grab some AP and resources until I ran dry. But, eh, Ikr'regeed will be happy that I won't bother him anymore ever, I guess.

(there is currently no reason to ever do Broken Shore. If you didn't get the all-boss achieve for the Sentinax, you're not going to get them any time soon)

I would agree with not going to the Broken Shore, except sometimes, they have the nice, big AP rewards. 100-136m AP right now and it will only go up. Other than that, the place is dead, save for people doing Class Hall mount quests or achievement farming.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I would agree with not going to the Broken Shore, except sometimes, they have the nice, big AP rewards. 100-136m AP right now and it will only go up. Other than that, the place is dead, save for people doing Class Hall mount quests or achievement farming.

AP rewards are a joke and you're a fool if you think any rewards right now are meaningful. We're are 20,000,000% AK right now and in two months we'll be at 630,000,000%. That 136m AP token will be worth like 4.3 billion AP then.

It's another one of their time gates and there is absolutely no reason to pursue AP right now unless you're in a world first poopsock guild and you need that extra +1 to Concordance to push for that first kill.

Next week when the Netherlight Crucible comes out everyone is going to want their artifact at level 75 to unlock everything. With the way AK scaling works though you could probably just cancel for a month and when you come back you'll get it the same week as everyone who grinded their ass off for it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The thing is, you still need to get out and grab some resources.

The biggest difference between Class Halls and Garrisons is that you need to get out from time to time to grab resources, or you run dry.
That was the point for the bloodhunter shoulder enchant... you buy the BoA OR thing and just mail it over from the blood vendor all on your main. Alt just needs to get mail and pop back into their Order Hall.